How can Hollywood even compete?

youtube.com/watch?v=H2Hy96sOnq8

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VR9rcTYyz30
youtube.com/watch?v=nRwiVwdzpOk
youtube.com/watch?v=1-nbbYmorhY
youtube.com/watch?v=D7CRk7OMC4Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Anyone else think Kojima is trying to go too far with this game?

It looks like the experience isn't cohesive at all, if that makes sense. Like there is way too much going on and your brain just writes it off as impossible, not necessarily because of the fantastic/surreal elements, but because there is too many of them and it feels like the author is beating you over the head with them.

Those trailers scream to me "Look at all of this! There is so much depth! So many layers and things to be uncovered!" not organically but in a way you can see the strings being pulled by the puppeteer.

Like, in PT all the things he pulled were amazing because the setting manages to immerse us and create a narrative, and also because the horror genre thrives precisely on the supernatural/the unexplained. But this just seems like a bunch of shit with no rhythm or rhyme, with very pretentious use of recurring themes.

>reminding us that PT will never be available

>Isn't cohesive at all
Welcome to kojima

Who else is sick of videogames now? After the PS3 and 360 era everythings gone to shit, and even then it wasn't great.

>kojima
>pretentious
Next you'll tell me that bears shit in the woods.

Is Mads Mikkelson the biggest meme-actor of all time?

>Death Stranding
What does that mean?

What did you think about the PT for silent hills when it came out?

youtube.com/watch?v=VR9rcTYyz30

3:30
fucking epic

Probably parallel dimensions or some simmilar shit

Norman Reedus' homoerotic caveman CGI nipples

Nah, you're just dumb

Metal Gear sucks. I'm sorry. The cutscenes looked pretty near the end of the franchise, but they're incoherent bmovies. Not even good bmovies.

Isn't this game years away? Why are they showing so much of something that's 3 years off?

i'ts literally silent hills: MGS edition

>eastern Europe warzone set
>weird boss with tentacles
>long as fuck and pointless travelling shot

Look like another Metal Gear rehash to me. And he won't even use the Fox Engine. So it's not even sure the gameplay will be good, if there's any.

Same. Feels good to have finally grown up though.

>Kojima fired the Team Silent for that?

Is this what they call 基諾?

A beached whale dying or something.

Let this guy co-direct a Hollywwood film already.

Is that fat fuck gullermo del taco?

you may be meming but at the very least they should hire him to direct/edit the trailers, the man knows how to sell stuff, MGS V was mediocre but oh man the trailers

youtube.com/watch?v=nRwiVwdzpOk

youtube.com/watch?v=1-nbbYmorhY

yea, he was working with kojima in silent hills

>>>>v

Posting the better version

youtube.com/watch?v=D7CRk7OMC4Q

That was exceptional on a game play level

>meme-actor
Is this the biggest cop out meme ever?

I mean no need to form a opinion just #memeactor, now all I have to do is sit back and watch as people argue over nothing.

I wish that instead of wasting millions to get famous people for his game he invested that money into adding more content and features.

Can't say until I played the game but also I find it distracting when video game characters have the likeness of someone famous.

I can overlook it in movies but in video games it's too weird.

>Kojima stealing the Silent Hill legacy even if he did nothing for this series and fired the guys who developed them

SH1, 2, 3 and 4 are better than any shit from Kojimhack.

>Naked bodybuilder norman reedus with cross scar on his belly
>Baby with same scar
>Mads mikkelsen with magnetic field and mind controlling tentacles
>Guillermo del toro with a vaccum contraption that materializes babies to do baby science with/use as fuel
>Beached whales/oil spill
>4 floating guys (muh four horsemen amirite)
>Spooky skeleton soldiers
>Vehicles with mutated human remains/tentacles
>Babies babies babies

What a clusterfuck. Does anyone think this will be good?

sauce on that ?

How? It played like most horror fps.

I'm sure there are bigger hacks than Kojima working in Hollywood OP.

Video games peaked with the ps2

A guy who knows him

After ruining film as an artform with his bullshit MUH SYMBOLISM, THE DIALOGUE IS SHIT BECAUSE IT'S A VISUAL MEDIUM YOU PLEB XDD Nicholas "hackfraud" Refn is now ruining video games too by poisoning Kojima's impressionable westaboo mind with this trash.

Based Madsman

>Look at me, I'm the Refn now

Pretty much.

Was hilariously bad in Hannibal and Dr. Strange .
Desperate for Capeshit, Star Wars, Vidya monies.

Is Kojima just wasting Sony's money to get his husbandos naked in his videogames?

Is so obvious that the baby del Toro is holding is Norman.

The ps2 is overrated. It was the rise of the AAA garbage and the start of the decline of the japanese industry.

yes

>Was hilariously bad in Hannibal

Stopped reading right there, there's being contrarian and then there's being a fucking retard.

>So westaboo that you became gay for white men

Kojima, please.

His favorite actor changes every other month. Wasn't too long ago he was talking about how much he loved Ryan Gosling after watching Drive.

I can respect that.

Some people will eat shit if it camed out Kojimas asshole.

>have only seen a single trailer
>haven't seen any gameplay
>having this much of a negative opinion already
You try to hard to fit in

Two trailers.

I just gave my general impression on the concept presented. I did like PT.

You may want to search what "peaked" means, user

I know better than to take 'anonymous sources' at face value, but it really wouldn't surprise me considering MGSV's development where all the guy did was fuck around with the actress for Quiet (let's face it, she got waay too much attention considering her role in the plot is almost insignificant), and it's been in development for how long again, 5 years? Sure you can add engine time for that, but the first game screenshot was released as early as 2012, with full-blown trailers just a year after that

It's not that far fetched to say that after all that time and considering the final result of what MGSV ended up being, Kojima asked for one more year in development (probably with a shit-eating grin too) and Konami had enough with his bullshit

Still, his character is irrelevant to me as a consumer and all I care about is the final product and Death Stranding looks amazing regardless of who is making it

Like I said, trying to hard to fit in. If you assume everything is shit before you see anything substantial about it you're going to think anything more that you see from it is shit. That's currently part of the groupthink on Sup Forums to hate everything. Try having your own opinion for once.

Two? Oh yea, there was the first reveal trailer on the beach. I had forgotten about it.

All I'm saying is wait for some gameplay then you can criticize it. Trailers are all about showing off the game's engine and assets. They are never really coherent.

Just play Resident Evil 7. It's the same shit.

Not him but the resi evil 7 demo wasn't as spooky as PT. Some parts of it actually made me laugh. The 'welcome to the family son' part was just stupid.

Maybe the full game will deliver though. Unlike PT it's at least coming out.

You hangout on a weaboo tv board, youre not grown up, stop.

I'm pretty certain he said something recently where he pretty much said the main reason he cast him in the role was so that he could meet him

Found the plebeian fag.

This guy is such a fucking faggot for pretending to be some "video game auteur", like he's the games equivalent to some respected film director. Video game development doesn't fucking work like that. You don't see anyone from CD Projekt trying to take credit for single handedly making The Witcher games because they were "lead developers"...probably because poles are chill and not fucking egocentric spergs like this asshole.

Snatcher is gud tho. Though I bet 90% of his fanbase didn't even play it.

The resident evil 7 demo seemed like such a blatant fucking ripoff of PT from the very first frame that you can already tell the finished product will be shit.

I thought so too, but then I bought Bloodborne. 10/10

You reall expect me to read all that?