Ok riddle me this, britfags...

Ok riddle me this, britfags. You claim that grime is not a subgenre of hip-hop and that it evolved from MCing over dance music at raves and pirate radio. But if you're MCing over a beat/song, isn't that just hip-hop?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LJIKe35KooE
youtu.be/LkdEOY0bf4U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No, I don't know why you think that. It's just objectively not true, there's no debate.

Grime isn't a sub genre of anything. It's literally a fusion of UK Garage, Jungle, Dancehall, and Hip Hop. However modern ''Grime'' (post-2010) is just trap music with a Jafaican (Nu London) accent.

>spit random verse over any radio shit
>lug guise i maed a hib hob somg :DDD
What leads to this line of thinking?

And yet, young grasshopper, where does "MCing" come from, there isn't anything to be master of ceremonies over in your 'hippety hop'.

No MCing over a riddim is an element of Jamaican soundsystem culture, which has been fused with British underground dance music for 25+ years.

Why would British people just take Jamaican culture like that?

You could ask the same thing about American pop music taking in Hispanic/Puerto Rican influences. Or South Korea KPOP LITERALLY copying West Coast/Hollywood Pop music and culture.

Because there are a ton of Jamaican immigrants in England and most people producing and consuming dance music with ragga/sound system immigrants had Jamaican heritage?

>britfags ITT acting like grime would even exist if not for American hip hop
Fucking delusional

>You claim that grime is not a subgenre of hip-hop and that it evolved from MCing over dance music at raves and pirate radio
By that logic Spiderland and Laughing Stock cannot be considered the same genre. Same with The Modern Dance and Chairs Missing or any other musical development that came about in separate regions from different origins.

hehehe the coloniser has become the colonised.

And Rock music wouldn't exist if it wasn't for Country, Blues, and Jazz. This doesn't mean we go around calling Rock music a subgenre of Country. Otherwise, everything would be a sub genre at this point.

We might as well call it all classical, maybe nu-classical for the stuff that hasn't stood the test of time yet.

grime is the sound of a generation of uk producers who failed at making garage/dnb

Rap came from Jamaicans going to USA though.

IDK as long as I don't have to hear it its cool,bring back dub reggae & screw grime its criminal trash.

Amerifags acting like they invented MCing

not really. maybe ukg but not dnb. ppl were generally worn out in regards to dnb/jungle by the early 2000's. unless u were a through and through raver or something.

A lot dnb people made garage tho
And a few dnb mcs went grime later

>search up grime instrumental
>it's basically trap music

youtube.com/watch?v=LJIKe35KooE

explain yourself nigel

When Jamaicans immigrated to the USA, they combined their musical influence with American culture and music to create hip-hop.

When Jamaicans immigrated to the UK they combined their musical influence with British culture and music to create electronic genres like jungle, garage, and eventually grime.

They are related which is why they sound similar, but grime did not originate from hip-hop. It has the same origins as hip-hop.

It's not that complicated.

well yes because dnb was a dead end for the wider populous of club goers at that point. not because they "failed" at making dnb tunes.

And if you searched up house music you'd get some Monstercat shite, not Trax records

What's your point?

Is talking blues "spitting a random verse" of something. And thus is it hip hop?

Grime instrumentals are stuff like this:
youtu.be/LkdEOY0bf4U

Evolved out of 2-step garage, though retaining some of the bassweight of jungle->speed garage, emerged side by side with dubstep

no because MCing started over reggae in sound systems in Jamaica then London.

>But if you're MCing over a beat/song, isn't that just hip-hop?
no.
it's jazz

You have to hear a good dub soundsystem to understand that, back in the late 70's/eighties a lot of people got hooked, all races. Before the crust dude weed cliche took hold.

I have no idea what your sayig