What's the best Western made post-2000?

What's the best Western made post-2000?

Django fags stay out please.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eEneQFEFgMQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

True Grit by Coens.

Hell it's my favorite western since Nicholas Ray's Johnny Guitar.

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
Deadwood
The Hateful Eight
Rango
The Proposition

And There Will Be Blood would be nr 1 if you want to count it as a late-era western

But The Assassination ... will stick as one of best all-time westerns for sure

>Johnny Guitar.
What a stupid name

What a faggot post, kys.

I'm prepared to agree with this list for the most part, especially The Assassination of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford and The Proposition.

I also loved 3:10 to Yuma but I'm a bit of a pleb when it comes to westerns.

No Country For Old Men.

The new True Grit is one of my favorite films period, so I'd definitely say that. Really enjoyed 3:10 to Yuma as well.

Rango was a lot of fun as an animated funny animal take on the genre.

Yet to watch Bone Tomahawk, but bought the DVD recently and very much looking forward to it.

The Seth MacFarlane one. Fucking hilarious and Ralph Fiennes was great

My picks for best Western would be either Appaloosa or Open Range. Probably more Open Range though.

>You the one who killed our friend?
youtube.com/watch?v=eEneQFEFgMQ

Jesus Christ why do I still come to this board.

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

Rango really was pretty great

Please be bait

If only they had more budget, film had some great shots and then some amteurish ones. Plot wise, it's up there; minimalist yet engaging, the definition of western.

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford and Rango do stand up, I agree with the rest of the list, but only because that's pretty much what's left of the genre.

Both grit and yuma are great, but them being remakes makes them less special.

Need to see both of them.

Outside the last ten minutes of Unforgiven, I can't think of a more satisfying scene in a Western than that one.

Probably unironically Bone Tomahawk

I enjoyed True Grit but it disappointed me for its lack of grit (considering the title)
Assassination of Jesse James is a fantastic film, but it doesn't really provide what you're looking for in a western - it's more of a period drama. If we count that as a western, we should probably count There Will Be Blood too
Django Unchained is a great western, but, like every Tarantino, derivative as fuck and all its best moments are directly stolen from other, better, films
Hateful 8 is... a bad western, but perhaps better than Django Unchained as a film

Rango is decent but it's a cgi family film
The Lone Ranger is underrated, but it's derivative much like Django
The Magnificent 7 is wasted potential and kinda shit
Slow West was above average

I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting. But in terms of films that satisfy what you want when you watch a western, I've gotta give it to Bone Tomahawk
I think The Magnificent 7, remade properly, could've been better but it wasn't.
Django Unchained and H8ful suffer from being Tarantino films before westerns
True Grit just didn't stick with me but I should probably rewatch it

what about pic related? the visuals looked great in the trailer but i havent seen it yet

Too long.

Not as stupid as your name, Johnny Wanker. You.

Fellow Eurobros - was this kino?

Am I the only one who thought 3:10 to Yuma was really sub par?

TOMBSTONE

>"its from 1993"

fuck you!

Not really a western
>set before 1820
>no revolvers
>no western tropes

Great film though

winnetou in the trailers looks too much like a fuccboi so i best its a shitty one

>no one says 3:10 to Yuma remake

Jack was actually good in this

OP didnt ask for worst

>Not a western because it's too long

all the great westerns are at least 2 hours or more

I'd say Jesse James is the best artistically but Bone Tomahawk is probably my favorite. Just a simple story with great characters and that old school western vibe.

Jesse James is up there with my love for the old Spaghetti Westerns. Bone Tomahawk never really did it for me, no doubt it was well filmed and it wasn't because of the acting or anything. the story was too harsh it didn't become entertainment merely a depressing series of events.

>Open Range

no question about it

I don't know about best but
Bone Tomahawk
In a Valley of Violence
True Grit
are pretty good

westworld

>Too early
>Not in West
>No Western themes

It was a 10/10 film though

bone tomahawk made me want to slaughter natives

the hateful eight

Throughout Deadwood, heads may be laid to pillow assuaged and reassured, for that purveyor for profit of everything sordid and vicious, Al Swearengen – already beaten to a fare-thee-well earlier in the day by Sheriff Bullock – has returned to the Sheriff the implements and ornaments of his office.

Without the tawdry walls of Swearengen's saloon the Gem, decent citizens may pursue with a new and jaunted freedom all aspects of Christian commerce.

A full fair-mindedness requires us also to report that within the Gem – on Deadwood's main thoroughfare – comely whores, decently priced liquor, and the squarest games of chance in the full, remain unabatedly available at all hours, seven days a week.

>Django fags stay out please
Why is Django even considered a western? Most of it takes place in Mississippi.

> not posting western kino

are u niggers serious?