Nirvana

How the hell did they tour Europe one year after they made the band?

Are they industry plants?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X_9N-o0v8Fs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nirvana_concerts#Bleach_club_tour
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They got signed by a label.
/thread

they were signed to sub pop

Don't you mean, "were"?

Europe had a reasonable amount of Alternative Rock fans there, and starting out there would help garner some recognition outside of America. And plus, it wasn't that they were entirely famous yet anyway.

So? Lots of bands get signed but are still way too poor to travel out of the country. I don't even think bleach sold that many albums

>bands get signed but are still way too poor to travel out of the country
You think the label was going to make the band pay for their own European tour travel expenses?
Sub Pop isn't an indie label.

didn't they tour with Sonic Youth? I think Thurston Moore liked them so they got some help and also Thurston probably got them the Geffen hookup

Well, based on what a quick google turned up their first European tour was with TAD and Mudhoney and Bruce Pavitt, who is one of Sub Pop's co-founders, also went with them on the tour. He wrote a book about it in 2012. So, yeah, label probably paid for it.

That's not how it works.

there's a whole documentary that includes this tour named The Year Punk Broke

They're suppose to be the "grunge" rl..

This is why grunge pisses me off, they like to try to be punk but do shit like this
You can't have your cake and eat it too. Fuck the Europeans, why not show grunge to American kids first. Don't you care about Americans? Its like they wee rushing for worldwide fame

Fuck grunge, its an industry plant

youtube.com/watch?v=X_9N-o0v8Fs

this looks like a fun as fuck tour brodie

What the fuck are you talking about child, indie groups in america at the time couldn't get arrested, everybody came to England/Germany/Holland

>implying there’s something wrong with plants

Dumbass, Black Flag toured Europe and were still poor as fuck.

Loads of bands tour even now while being underground/broke as fuck

What the fuck is OP on? Are you smoking crack op?

he's probably a basement dweller who cannot into having a job, but is too afraid to admit it.

yep touring is not nearly as expensive as people think it is. hell that goes for traveling in general, people think you have to stay in posh hotels and whatnot

Yeah probably but fuck a job

You sound frustrated about something rather non-important.

It's because British and Dutch audiences were more open to grunge in the late eighties and were buying large amounts of these records you stupid brainlet. Americans were only into softer jangly alternative stuff or 'omgaaherdd Jane's Addiction are so amazing'. Neck yourself

Incredible as it now seems, there were things called record companies that sold records and paid bands (sometimes) to tour in areas these companies sold records in.

This is one of the dumbest posts I've ever seen

I'm talking about touring the u.s before Europe. And don't say hurr america didn't like grunge, they hardly knew it.

Artists getting big on foreign countries happens literally all the time though. Especially on Europe, hey did you know David Hasselhof was really huge in Germany and Austria, like, musically?

they toured the US before Europe you fucking nonce, did you even do any fucking research before coming into this thread

mate
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nirvana_concerts#Bleach_club_tour
they toured all over the US for Bleach before they even went to Europe, what is wrong with you?

second this.
40yo from brussels speaking

A proper tour. A 1 year tour isn't shit. I'm talking about really having your roots and fan base as American not a whole global type of deal. If I had a band I would primarily be interacting with the different types of american bands and scenes. I love my country and we have a whole variety of sounds and diversity.

fucks sake fuck off you retard Sup Forumsack

What exactly do you love about your country? The fact that it has no culture or heritage to speak of? The fact that is a massive cancer dragging the rest of the world down to the depths of absolute shit with its massive culture industry machine? An entire population consisting of some of the most politically outspoken yet ignorant people on earth? I'm genuinely interested.

>were they industry plants
>year two thousand and eight and you finally realize this

Yes dipshit, they ruined punk rock and metal, atleast years later post hardcore scene picked up and we got some good punk music not whiney cuck rock nirvana pushed

The topic of this thread (grunge) is american culture and were questioning its integrity. We have lots of culture, freedom, rights, the wild west, converse shoes etc

Also if we don't dominate the world who will? Tell me how you would rather be speaking Chinese or Russian instead of wearing jeans and listening to american rock music

>year two thousand and eight and you finally realize this

>converse shoes

are you fucking serious

post-hardcore is even whinier cuck shit you frog posting imbecile

They're iconic

Not him but post hardcore can be really good

>grunge
>converse shoes
In other words, shitty mass produced commercial anti-culture.
The Russians and the Chinese don't sound that bad in comparison.

Anti culture and rebellion is what's best for man. No emperors or tyrants allowed.

Let freedom reign.

>Tell me how you would rather be speaking Chinese
Definitely. If I could switch English with Chinese I'd do it in a heartbeat. Its also a good point you're making. The only thing the US has is its entertainment industry. Without it, its effect on the world is quite frankly non-existant and if anything harmful(muh oil.)
In China the government tracks your steps online due to censorship, in the US google does it to """"improve AI"""",I dont really care.
Also, China pretty much owns your country anyway. I'm up for it.
So is AIDS in the gay scene.

Sorry, I'd rather get enslaved by a single tyrant against whom society can fight back instead of some massive corporate conglomerate strangling the entire world with its dehumanising schemes like some kind of immortal hydra.

We promote the best message. We are the modern day rome, we are the standard.
Kys soiboi

That's based on what people want. Sure there are bad parts but the country and its values have not been compromised

>That's based on what people want
What people have been conditioned to want. There is absolutely nothing human or organic about american "culture". It's pure poison of the mind.

Not entirely. People want, everyone wants. Here in america they want a lot. Because there's is a lot to get. That's what america promotes, freedom and the ability to get a lot of what you want.

Don't you mean "we're"?