Worst Film

what's the worst film you've seen this year, regardless of release date? this one is mine. i don't understand what happened with Michael Polish. did he split making films with his brother? Big Sur was the last great one. everything's been shit since that one.

just for shits n giggles, my top film of the year, again, regardless of release, is a tie between Goltzius and the Pelican Company and Hard To Be A God.

what did you like about hard to be a god? isnt it like 3 hours of plebs spitting and acting like pigs?

The greasy strangler

Barton Fink.

>maybe if we add a lot of symbolism people won't be able to tell it's shit

>regardless of release date?
Die Niklashauser Fart
>regard of release date
Já, Olga Hepnarová

Bad in what sense? Poorly made movie or just something you didn't like at all? Because I'd say Indignation for the latter

Suicide Squad. Absolute abortion of a movie.

yes and no. if you like to be challenged by a film, i'd say watch it. it immerses the viewer as if he/she was a participant in the adventure. it's a grimy, disgusting sci-fi film that frustrates sort of the way a Faulkner novel does, but is equally as rewarding.

Suicide Squad

either/or, mate. worst viewing experience, worst technically made film, take your pick. man, Philip Roth really has some bad luck with adaptations. The Humbling, Indignation, and The Human Stain are all subpar films.

i figured as such and didn't bother watching it. same with that Batman/Superman rock em, sock em feature. i quit watching superhero movies after the second Iron Man and Nolan's trilogy, which i only watched b/c of Nolan. they're just not my thing.

I even liked Fury & Sabotage but Ayer really (or the studio) fucked up Suicide Squad.

yoga hosers

Honestly? The neon demon. Or war dogs, i haven't even seen the capeshit ones

i was also let down by Neon Demon. the screenplay was just so damn abysmal. nothing against the cinematography, acting, editing, score, or general direction, but the screenplay was just so freaking juvenile.

haven't seen Fury. i dug Sabotage in a guilty pleasure sort of way, like Commando, even if the ending rather stunk. i doubt i'll give Suicide a watch unless it's over with friends for drinks or on a flight.

Girlfriend Experience
Suicide Squad
Only God Forgives

i'm also staying well away from War Dogs since i'm intimately familiar with the actual case and crime. from what i've heard, the film is an actual fantasy and bears little resemblance to the facts. hell, i might watch it soon for laughs.

forgot
Mulholland Drive
Neon Demon

i also thought The Girlfriend Experience was an underwhelming film. however, don't let that stop you from watching the series, which is far superior and one of the best serial/episodic series i saw this year.

>Mulholland Drive
just delete this an your post will be fine

Is Sasha Grey in that too?

no, Riley Keough plays the lead. no Sasha Gray in sight. Amy Simeitz directed and wrote half of the episodes and Shane Carruth provided the score. really stellar series, to be frank. why it doesn't get much love is beyond me.

The Boy
Civil War
Django Unchained
Fembusters

i actually like SS and neon demon, but i can definitely see why people wouldn't like them.

Elle