Is it any good?

Is it any good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4y33h81phKU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's Nolan's best work.

It's kino precisely because you won't understand a word that comes out of Matthew McConaughey's mouth

Subtle kino masquerading as a flick.

It's dogshit

bravo!

I watched in the cinema and I was literally grasping my arm rests. 10/10 drunk kino.

Yes, it's good.

Make you you have the volume up loud.

whats kino

It's a culmination of our generation's cinematic pathos, like 2001 was.

the pic OP posted

It's memekino

Its "good." Wouldve been much better to see in theaters. And like most Nolan films, it loses a lot of its charm on repeated viewings till the film becomes utterly boring at some point

Ending is kind of retarded

>tfw no qt loli daughter
should've stayed tbqhsugoidesu

Kino is the opposite of "cape flick"

It kept my attention for the full 3 hours so I'd say so.

It's hard scifi

by that I mean it is very technical and goes through alot of explanatory jargan to try to justify and explain how such and such is realistically possible

Prometheus, for example?

Nice "bait" Satan. Clearly Christ in King.

It's okay. Like most of Nolan's films, they keep you entertained. Nothing more, nothing less.
Just don't think about why intergalactic beings felt the need to capture every moment in a young girl's bedroom.

With regards to the time dilation and wormhole, sure, but they dropped the ball hard with the spacecraft that can break atmosphere without a problem.

>Love is a 6th dimensional force that transcends space and time
>Music constantly crescendos until way past obnoxious before it silences.
>Autistic affixation on getting the data to check if a planet being sucked into the black hole which has mile high waves is suitable. wastes 23 years and kills a man
>Murphy is actually useless since she can't figure out the nearly complete equation can't be solved in 23 years of working on it. She doesn't do anything other than relay the data her dad gives her and is herald as some great hero.

Aside from that pretty okay.

It's a buzzword that people use on Sup Forums to signal that they're part of the "in" crowd. It doesn't have any meaning any more. It's just a word.

best movie to be released in the past 3 years

>not impossible
>you probably enjoy found footage
>the purpose of the mission is to scout planets, the life of one man is meaningless compared to the fate of the species
>by this logic modern medicine is "actually useless" because it took a few hundred years to cure polio or leprosy

Its a great film, and is relatively hard sci-fi aside from a tiny bit of misused jargon and cringy exposition that can be forgiven in a big-budget mass appeal film.

Yes.
Except the part about transcending time and space with love as a guide.

It's a 9,5/10.

Atheists Blown The Fuck Out

I've never seen a film so far up it's own ass.

What I find weird of this is that the force actually trascending time and space is gravity itself. Being a so-called "hard sci-fi" flick, someone would have to point it out. But no, it went with the cliche "love wins" end

youtube.com/watch?v=4y33h81phKU

Cheesy to the point of being cringy and coming from a scientist frankly breaks suspension of disbelief.

Actually I don't, but I don't know what that has to do with overused crescendo to attempt to amplify the dramatic tension. It was good, but it reminded me of the shit that was 2001 doing the exact same thing.

Scouting yes, being stupid beyond belief no. Honestly the 23 year wait period could have killed all life on earth. That planet was obviously not right. Going for the data was stupid.

As far as I recall, professor spent 40 years working on the equation from scratch. 23 - murph studying astrophysics of those years was with murph. Matt Damon already know the equation couldn't be solved, which I believe he was sent out 7 years before they found nasa. Thus the professor started, and completed (as far as was possible) the equation in around 16 years. Even though she has the complete equation, murph couldn't figure out in all those years it was impossible to solve. The professor had to tell her on his deathbed. Then murph got the answer from dear old dad via the time watch. All the credit should have gone to the professor and her dad, because she did nothing but translate some morse code.

it's pretty good

way better than that inception rubbish

Breddy gud space kino, Third act is kind of a mess but doesn't ruin it. Fantastic score.

You don't get to say

>relatively hard sci-fi

idiot. It's either hard sci-fi or it's not at all. In order for it to be hard sci-fi it would be required that the stuff is at least theoretically possible and has an explanation, but worm holes aren't even confirmed to be possible in the first place. Then there's other bunch of shit. Even the martian and gravity were more hard sci-fi than this, and they were pretty unrealistic, the problem is that you're just uneducated.

musikinography

I'm thinking of watching it for the robot.

holy shit

how did matt damon know to make the robot explode if anyone accessed it?

why not just destroy the robot in the first place?

Bravo Zimmer

>Dr. Hugh Mann

his first name is never mentioned in the film

underrated

there was a bunch of shit but white holes have been part of hard sf for a long time you are a triple nigger

I never interpreted love as being a literal force/dimension. I saw love "transcending time and space" in the sense that their actions were motivated by love despite the distance and the time apart from their loved ones.

10/10 flick. My only complaint is the loud as fuck music played during the scene when he met his daughter again, and the poor reaction to seeing her for the last time.

I liked it

>COOPER: You’re a scientist, Brand -
>BRAND: I am. So listen to me when I tell you that love isn’t something we invented - it’s observable, powerful. Why shouldn’t it mean something?
>COOPER: It means social utility - child rearing, social bonding -
>BRAND: We love people who’ve died ... where’s the social utility in that? Maybe it means more - something we can’t understand, yet. Maybe it’s some evidence, some artifact of higher dimensions that we can’t consciously perceive. I’m drawn across the universe to someone I haven’t seen for a decade, who I know is probably dead. Love is the one thing we’re capable of perceiving that transcends dimensions of time and space. Maybe we should trust that, even if we can’t yet understand it.

>COOPER: I'm gonna find a way to tell Murph just like I found this moment.
>TARS: How, Cooper?
>COOPER: Love, TARS, love. It's just like Brand said. My connection with Murph, it is quantifiable. It's the key!

I think it's pretty clear that it is a literal force/dimension or at least an "artifact of higher dimension."

I was laughing my ass off in the cinema during the robot scenes

The robots are actually fucking great.

The third act was so retarded that I lost all respect for it

>B-B-B-BUT DONCHU SEEE LOVE IS MORE POWERFUL THAN THAT
>INSTEAD OF HAVING THE DUDE DIE AT THE END MAGICAL 5TH DIMENSIONAL ALIENS PUT HIM BEHIND (WHY BEHIND) HIS DAUGHTER'S BOOKSHELF (WHY BOOKSHELF AND NOT KEYBOARD)

>Magic 5th dimensional aliens somehow forgot how to interact with the first few dimensions.

>Doesn't like the soundtrack

Literally whut? I could see why some people don't like the movie but the soundtrack is literally top-tier.

I thought he acted it out pretty well desu. He was trying hard to be stoic as fuck throughout the movie and he also literally gave up on his own life and seeing his daughter ever again before he went into the black hole.

Soundtrack is great. Fantastic even. I have it on my playlist of songs (without lyrics) that I listen to at work, but too much of a good thing can be bad.

Wannabe 2001. Filled with bland characters, expositional dialogue, bland directing and overall forgetable movie. When will Nolan learn that he'll never be able to come near Kubrick, let alone be him? Better watch Moon (2009).

>literally top-tier.
indeed

Were you literally shaking?

>>Autistic affixation on getting the data to check if a planet being sucked into the black hole which has mile high waves is suitable. wastes 23 years and kills a man

This bothered me more than her love thing. Like holy shit what is with movie scientists being so irrational? What did she expect the data to say? Lol hey fags there's water here AAAAHHH FUUUUUCK

It's ok. Ending is retarded

it gets good in the middle but then it gets awful by the end

why do movies insist on forcing a happy ending

It's unironically one of Zimmer's worst

this

Only Nolanfags disagree.

best movie of all time

Imperfect Lock is 10/10

If you have no brain and like exposition cliche garbage

jesus christ im this close to leaving this shitty board

This
Fuck Zimmer

Only Christopher's, Person of Interest was Jonathan's best

t. never seen a kino

I's a pretty good movie, 8/10

A few moments of the soundtrack are good but they're literally just a few seconds out of the full movie

It was an epic of sorts, good

I myself preferred The Dark Knight Rises though. That was an action movie epic and there was multiple point of views and stories going on, resistence preparation in a sieged city and cool stuff like that

First 2/3's are good, the last third ruins it, and leaves a bad taste.

Arrival is better in every conceivable manner.

Kinography

It's the same old trite reactionary horseshit from Nolan. The world is on the brink of total destruction and the only thing that can save it is white retrograde masculinity seated in Western "grit" and pioneerism. Fucking yuck.

digits

chekd

hated anne hathewhatevertehfuck, hated her character
the ending was kinda shit, the beginning was pretty shit too
some shots were nice
McConaughey was alright

overall 6.5/10 flick
I did watch in cinema so it was better, would've been pretty shit on a computer screen

Why are they swimming at the beach in space suits?

I hate this movie with passion. It started with great until Matt Damon's character ruined it entirely.

That movie didn't need an antagonist. I guess Nolan was so insecure of his movie that he needed to go back to status quo and have a happy ending just to show how much he pussyfooted his entire movie.

FUCK YOU.

average,
5/10, would rather watch a christmas film with family for bonding times than with autistic friends to sperg out on me as if it were the bible of science

Good, one less contrarian shitposter.

ARRIVAL WASN'T SHOT IN 70MM IMAX YOU HYPERPLEB

INTERSTELLAR WORMHOLE SCENE ON A 8 STORY HIGH SCREEN WITH ZERO LETTERBOXING WAS POSSIBLY THE MOST AMAZING MOMENT EVER EXPERIENCED IN A THEATER

KODAK WAS SAVED FROM BANKRUPTCY JUST TO MAKE THE INTERSTELLAR 70MM PRINTS

NOLAN KINOS ARE A GIFT TO MANKIND

I swear to FUCKING GOD if I see one more braindead oxygen starved window licking shoulder biting retard spout the whole "THEY SAID LOVE IS A DIMENSIONAL FORCE HUEHUEHUEHUE" I will fucking murder someone.

THEY MEANT IT IN THE SENSE THAT LOVE IS QUANTIFIABLE BECAUSE IT MAKES HUMANS DO EXTRAORDINARY THINGS FOR OTHER PEOPLE LIKE, OH I DON'T KNOW, FIRING THEMSELVES INTO A BLACK HOLE FOR THEIR DAUGHTER.

And it still managed to the be inferior to the arrival.

Jesus christ you are fucking thick. People like you are the reason we have the "explaining what a wormhole is" in the film.

Brand says it because she's trying to justify going to her lover's planet without any proof it's the right one.

Cooper is saying it because he actually understands what love means. Like sacrificing himself to try and get data from inside a black hole. No one else would have done that. Hence why they chose Cooper.

Love, Murphy. It was the power of love.
Anne knew the right planet thanks to the power of love.
BTTF reference, Nolan confirmed a bro.

But anne was right. She knew the right planet because of love.
Love confirmed a new energy.

>Lol hey fags there's water here AAAAHHH FUUUUUCK
Now that's the movie I want to see.

No, Anne didn't know it was the right planet. She just wanted it to be. She doesn't understand what love really means, she just wants to use it as excuse to go to her lovers planet. It was just coincidence it was the right one.

Cooper actually understands what it means, because the 5th dimensional beings knew that Cooper would be willing to fire himself into the black hole for his daughter, to save Brand and try and get the data.

At no point does anyone in the movie think Love is a literal force of physics. It's just a powerful motivating drive in humans.

the 5th dimensional love aliens saw the love force in his love dimension and connected him through the love-time continuum to his daughter that he loves so he can use some love force to tap the watch

No. She didn't know. She just wanted an excuse to go to that planet because the person she loves was on it. She's just meant to be a contrast to Cooper. She doesn't understand nothing.

But it was the right planet. Love showed the right way to Anne. And in the end Rust decides to chase her.

But she was right. And Rust plan almost made eveyone get killed by Matt Damon.

But "do what your heart tells you and fuck rationality" is a terrible lesson and leads to terrible results in the real world. The fact that the movie's internal logic rewards this is one of many reasons this movie is dogshit.

It's an awesome movie but really sad.

Nolan just tried to prove that love is the right decision and right path. And he did an amazing job.

a disjointed mess, with the conclusion being that love is good, daddy will always love you etc.

i feel like 50% of this movie is just having a good score and good visuals. plus the quipping AI; that's enough for sufficient brainwashing into thinking this was more than a mediocrity

No. Like all Christopher Nolan flicks, they are poor examples of film making. If you enjoy Chris Nolan flicks, it's fine that you can turn your brain off for a few hours. That's fine for you. If you are interested in "good" "filmmaking" though, look somewhere else.

>watching for plot

wew pleb