Was there ever a greater trilogy of movies?

Was there ever a greater trilogy of movies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/sQ9NOV3KNpY
youtube.com/watch?v=17_ImViPryQ
youtube.com/watch?v=d0Mtlklmna0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

My brother loves the Star Wars prequel trilogy. But then again he's a try hard 38 year old autist with no friends. I think he's trying to impress others with his sophistication but it always ends up falling flat on his face.

There is only ONE trilogy, user, and it does not share power.

You're all plebs, the best kino trilogy was jean cocteau's Orphic trilogy. If you even have to look it up you won't get it

No there wasn't.

youtu.be/sQ9NOV3KNpY
This always gets me.

No

The undisputed goat

Quality equals popularity plus time. If no one remembers it, it can't have been that good, because if it was good, then people would have remembered it.

I know you're not gonna know it, cause you think Star Wars is the best trilogy of all time. All the artist, people who actually appreciate film, know its good

He's right, if it were so good, it would have spread like wildfire. That's the flaw of claiming esoteric films to be the best, since there's no universality to their effect.

youtube.com/watch?v=17_ImViPryQ

So movies have to be popular to be acknowledged artistically? That makes no sense. Popularity is not related at all to artistic worth.

Toy story?

The Apu trilogy. Not like anyone here will even know what it is.

No, LOTR is the greatest trilogy of all time

>hipster flails about aimlessly

>1st film is bland and boring
>2nd film is ok
>3rd film is genuinely fantasykino

No.

What does that mean? You didn't actually address anything I said. I made a statement, the least you could do is try to refute it.

>the first movie is bland and boring
You disgust me.

Here's the thing. You've been using the word "best", which does capture popularity among many other attributes. Don't change that all of a sudden into the tighter scope of "artistic worth", because then you're defending something different.

Best definitely includes the ability to appeal to people, since that's what entertainment is all about. And there's a remarkable difference in level comparing household names to your avant-garde foreign films.

We're not talking about entertainment. Are we? If we are, then never mind.

It's not a trilogy anymore you fucking cunts. The 3 Hobbit films are completely tied/related to LOTR, which makes it a saga now

No.

Yes, entertainment comprises a huge part of the movie industry. I'm glad that's cleared up.

This isn't Harry Potter. The movies are grouped distinct with distinct separations.

Bigger question is now after The Hobbit will Peter Jackson make a Silmarillion Movie(s)?

> This isn't Harry Potter. The movies are grouped distinct with distinct separations.

Bullshit! You can do the same thing with Harry Potter

> The Pre-Voldemort Trilogy
> The Pre-Dumbledead Trilogy
> The Epilogue two-parter

They're all distinct!

Hobbit movies are clear prequels to Lord of The Rings. Same actors replaying their roles, same director, same universe, same background

Those distinctions aren't recognized by any official representative.

It was absolute kino.

keep reaching, kid

No that doesn't count because in LOTR it's different stories

Harry Potter is all one story. In fact it has the same situation with the fantastic beasts movies that will continue to come out. They're not Harry Potter movies the same way that Hobbit movies aren't LOTR movies

You're a retard

Bourne

>No that doesn't count because in LOTR it's different stories
The Baggins family finds and carries The Ring while having adventures across middle earth

At the end of lotr frodo even writes in the same manuscript that bilbo wrote his story

youtube.com/watch?v=d0Mtlklmna0
No scene will ever be as purely Kino.

I hope you're just baiting

What a weird opinion