What does Sup Forums think of this guy's music?

What does Sup Forums think of this guy's music?

Other urls found in this thread:

pointblankmag.com/2015/04/wikileaks-reveals-new-springsteen-contract-with-release-plans/
youtube.com/watch?v=lc6F47Z6PI4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Awful

Tunnel of Love has some of the best songwriting that I know of

Amazing

hot garbage

I really like I'm On Fire and his Nebraska album but the rest of his discography does very little for me.

>1964 - 1968:
Some rando who was in a bunch of random Jersey Shore bar bands

>1969 - 1972:
In a hard rock group called Steel Mill. Opening for Iron Butterfly, Black Sabbath, Boz Scaggs. Breakup before career takes off.

>1973 - 1982
Bookended by folk/singer-songwriter stuff. Former Steel Mill members join him as E Street Band. Becomes a great live act. First album he's the new Dylan, second the new Van Morrison, third album he becomes a rock legend, fourth album he goes hard rock, fifth he does a double album with wide variety of rock-related styles, sixth is him in his bedroom making lo-fi folk.
Greetings - 8/10
Shuffle - 9/10
Born to Run - 10/10
Darkness - 10/10
River - 9/10
Nebraska - 10/10

>1983 - 1994
Decides to accept his popularity and dive into 80s stadium rock/more poppy territory with his next album. Sells 30 million and scores 6 Top 10 hits.
Worldwide stadium tour. Becomes tabloid figure/celeb, instead of rehashing previous pop album makes very personal record about the breakup of his marriage. Dissolves the E Street band in '88. Does some solo acoustic shows before dropping two stinkers back to back in 1993. Makes up for it by having a big movie soundtrack song in '94.
Born - 9/10
Tunnel - 8/10
Touch - 3/10
Lucky - 4/10

>1995 - 2004
Briefly reunites E Street band for a single. Does a folk sequel to Nebraska. Extensive E Street reunion + world tour. Later, first full E Street album in nearly 15 years + another extensive world tour.
Tom Joad - 7/10
Rising - 7/10

>2005 - 2014
Back in the game full-time. Two folk records, one dark and modern, the other traditional. Some okay band records, but diminishing returns. Full on dad rock at this point.
Devils - 6/10
Seeger - 7/10
Magic - 6/10
Dream - 5/10
Wrecking - 6/10
Hopes - 4/10

>2015 - present
Full on nostalgia act. No studio albums yet. Just reissue box sets + 30th anniversary show, memoir, intimate Broadway show, lots of archival releases. Possible Nebraska+USA reissues soon.

>Possible Nebraska+USA reissues soon
Please this.

They don't call him The Supervisor for nothing, his music is super good

Haven't listened to much by him except for Born to Run and Nebraska which were alright.

>Please this.
pointblankmag.com/2015/04/wikileaks-reveals-new-springsteen-contract-with-release-plans/

Waaaaaaay over rated.

>Nebraska box set
ELECTRIC NEBRASKA HERE WE COME

His first four albums and Nebraska are perfect, with The River, Born in the USA, and Tunnel of Love still being pretty great. I’m not too into much of his stuff after that but he’s still great live.

Everything up to and including Tunnel of Love is great. My favorite is Darkness

the quintessential soycuck numale hipsterfag repellent

oh shut the fuck up

An adequate at best artist whose reputation has been massively overinflated by the media and rock critics for 40+ years. While he's probably an alright guy personally, he does often feel the need to weigh in on subject matter that's over his head in order to live up to the "America's poet laureate" title and other absurd badges of honor given to him by the media.

Also he invented Eddie Vedder vocals before Eddie Vedder had pubic hair.

t. butthurt soycuck numale hipsterfag

is that milo?
nah but seriously springsteen sucks.

Music critics like guys like Springsteen who have social commentary in their songs and a comforting, vaguely retro feel (for example namedropping Roy Orbison in Thunder Road). Black Sabbath riffs were too scary for them.

Had a hot streak in the 70's and 80's then went down hill. He helped solidify heartland rock along with Seger and Petty, but fell off later. As a result he's been re-releasing old albums with the outtakes and did a "The River" tour

I HAD A BRUTHA AT KHE SANH

>you can't start a fire without a spark
Yeah, if you're a fucking yuppie

Everything the man released between '75-'85 was quality. He has some hits and misses here and there, especially into his later career. His last good record was probably The Rising imo.

Strangely, Born in the U.S.A cemented his status as a rock icon while also killing his musical career afterwards. Springsteen says Born in the U.S.A changed the way he approached music and it shows thanks to every album he made afterwards.

his first two albums are mint, la

His first two are very underrated. Spirit in the Night, Rosalita and E Street Shuffle are probably my favorite songs of his.

he looked like a turbo Chad

His career reminds me of Bowies. With Let's Dance being compared to Born in the USA. They creates their most commercial poppy sounding album and drives them into a whole new generation of mainstream success of the 80's but they lose all artistic merit in the process and never know how to follow up with their newfound audience so their career takes a nosedive afterword.

artistic merit is a meme. all bout those big bucks baby

Legitimately one of the best songwriters and one of the best live performers going back all the way to 1970 to today

Bruce Springsteen is a music legend, whether you like it or not.

Fantastic

>Tracks vol 2
Yes please

I made myself listen to the river in it's entirety. Springteen forcing the E Street Band to do their take on polka wedding music.

youtube.com/watch?v=lc6F47Z6PI4

nuff said

I made myself listen to the whole fucking double album. Polka music played on electric instruments.

While he does have a few good songs, he"s over-inflated.

People make him out to be this alpha male 80s badass, yet one of his most popular/successful songs is some faggot-ass New Wave-inspired bullshit called "Dancing in the Dark".

That song is awful, just like 95% of all 80s music.

He's called The Boss for a reason. Fantastic songwriter and entertainer.

A legend.

>polka
Do you know nothing about rock music

have you sat through the entire double album in one sitting?