FL

imo FL studio has harmed music as a whole by flooding the scene with poorly made tunes, thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hHe0nckLiYU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I wonder what that fruit tastes like

i hear ya

I think the biggest problem is that this is one of the only DAWs that you can pirate so every person who believes they want to make electronic music or produce hip hop beats has it

Ehh, you can pirate any DAW, i just think its because FL is simplest to use

ya it allows anyone and their mother to make shit beats

>you can pirate any DAW
not really, all of the good ones need an activation key (usually through PACE Anti Piracy)

every single one has been easily cracked, FL is just easiest and there's nothing wrong with that.

Ableton is pretty easy to crack, ofc it doesn't require a hardware key, but imho its the best DAW

that's a carrot u dumb cunt

actually a bellpepper dumbass

Have you ever seen a carrot in your life?

since when were peppers golden they are fucking red

It's a habanero, retardo

>> "Fruit"y Loops
Not fucking PepperLoops you autistic fuck

not that guy but peppers are a fruit dumbass

your dad was habanero my dick last night idiot

It's not called Fruity Loops. It's called FL Studio. FL=Flaming Lips, which is what you get when you eat a spicy habanero, which also refers to the rappers that spit fire over beats made in FL Studio

it was Fruity Loops until legal trouble.

you're gay dude

Fuckin Kellogs

no it means your dad is buddy and gay is genetic so happy coming out day surprise

Thread derailed, nice job.

ill rail your fucking mother

More music is never a bad thing.

your fav music and hit is made on fl

I guess not, but the huge influx of Grade Z shitty trap music and awful EDM makes legit good music alot harder to discover

Does it though? Maybe you need to change how you look for music. What's your method?

ofc Spotify and Pandora are good places to start, but when i need new shit bad i hit Soundcloud to see if i can find something new,, and theres just a ton of shit on sc, i know its to be expected but even on a larger scale, if a label is looking to sign someone there's just so much shit to dig through before you find something good. Before, you at least had to know how to play an instrument before you released music, now anyone can make garbage music.

Electronic music is the most sad and pathetic genre of music anyway. Every other genre has had at least 5 or more albums that are good, but the best electronic music made are albums that are somewhat listenable.

There's definitely some great electronic albums out there, just depends on what you enjoy.

get off the computer, dad

not your dad, am 18, hated electronic music since forever. every note feels so perfect and robotic and every new technique has been copied ten thousand times by some other DJ or whatever the fuck people who make electronic music like to call themselves.
With such a variety of fucking instruments (literally every one that exists in real life, plus a whole bunch of electronic stuff) and effects, you'd think that AT LEAST ONE OF THESE ASSHOLES would be motivated to not make a 4 note loop and progress the song into a drop by speeding up the drums, but you would be wrong.
Save for about five tracks in total, all electronic (including ambient shit) make life feel hopeless and like machines have taken over the whole fucking planet, just because of the way it delivers the composition.

>hated 'electronic' music forever
>18

>doesn't know the difference between dj'ing and producing music

>thinks 'electronic' music is all drops and sped up drums - what are you listening to, aviici?

>hates technology
>guarantee he listens to electric guitars with effects

what music do you like anyway? I guarantee the 'THEY USE REAL INSTRUMENTS AND FEEL THE MUSIC MAN' bands you like have samples, drum machines, effects pedals, over dubs - and if they don't, it will be some boring ass re-hashed accoustic song with campfire chords.

It's ok to not enjoy genre's of music, that is fine - but by subscribing to the 'its not real music they just press a button!' is some of the most ignorant shit i've ever heard. It is a real shame because when some 'electronic' artists play their music live, a shit load more time, effort, technical skill and dedication has gone into it than stairway to heaven or whatever machismo rock band you are into.

I can agree that most house and big room shit is like that, most electronic music made to make people dance is like that, but if you look past EDM there's a lot of other genres out there that don't exist for the sole purpose of dancing to.

Amen to that

This
Any half decent artist or electronic musician remixes their songs live on stage, which takes quite a bit of talent to do.

youtube.com/watch?v=hHe0nckLiYU

seen this guy live, unbelievable stuff.

I wasn't implying that, I have listened to every other musical genre, the only ones I have listened less are jazz and hip-hop. I tried every thing this board recommended and I lurked a lot.
What am I listening to? Everything that I could have thought of. I tried The Prodigy, I loved it the first time, the second felt like I was being trapped in hell by robots who want to gangrape me with their robococks for experiments.
I tried Aphex Twin, and I completely forgot that I have even listened to something the next day because it was so uneventful.
I tried that 9gag fucker deadmaus. Jesus, what a fucking retard.
I tried every trap thing (recommended by my friends). Listening it to a second time makes me feel nauseous, like I am having a hangover.
That's some more popular stuff I can think of because I hear about it all the time, but I did try a whole lot of other stuff, too. Mostly experience was the same.

no hes saying his music is legit good music and people cant find it and buy his albums because so many people are shitting out beats on FL

I agree with you on most of those artists, but all those artists are there for the "Big Room" Crowd, which, honestly, isn't really my jam either, aside from those, there are quite a few guys that put a lot of emotion into their production, making less "House/Big Room/EDM bangers" and more of something akin to synth-pop, if you'd like examples. id say Dabin, Porter Robinson, Madeon and maybe Xan Griffin.

I'll try them, first chance.

Tbh there are a lot of DJs out there creating consumer crap and actually not doing anything onstage other than bobbing heads and uselessly twiddling a 3 band eq

I mean, Kraftwerk? They were doin that shit on stage, working the synths and all that, it's not like this whole concept appeared in 1999

If you don't mind me asking, what 5 or so tracks of electronic music do you enjoy? I can probably list some more you might be interested in.