Why does most of Sup Forums dislike Primus?

why does most of Sup Forums dislike Primus?

Cuz it's bad

y. i like a lot of their stuff and it has it's own unique style

Because it's quite gimmicky on the surface, often uses wacky basslines simply because of that as opposed to having a good riff or idea.
Also, they're goofy as fuck, which annoys people here. A lot of their humour falls flat on its arse as well.

the music sounds really dry and desert-y
the bass and guitar often seem disjointed

to me that's it's appeal. it's still heavy metal, it's just different. to me, it's still good from an objective standpoint.

I'd rather stick nine inch nails through each of my eyelids.

Well that sounds like your problem, nigga
Primus is not metal

Because Primus sucks

I don't, though. Sailing the Seas of Cheese is probably the best alternative metal album ever.

It's weird metal, I'll give you that. But it sure as hell ain't rock or blues.

I like Primus, but I think the short-lived C2B3 was more interesting. I like the sole album "The Big Eyeball in the Sky" more than all of Claypool's work with Primus.

Maybe I'm biased because I'm an keyboard player myself, and I think Bernie's organ work adds something really interesting to Claypool (and Buckethead, of course).

desu i just dont like les claypool people only think hes good because lol so wacki xD

Primus sucks

They're just kind of bland. I wanna like them past their first 2 albums. I do like their Animals EP though, totally different song structures from something that got real stale.

Because they suck

succ

Frizzle Fry is a 10/10 or at least a high nine

the guy is garbage. weird trailer trash liked this.

I guess because of their wonky and lulsorandum aesthetic

>tips fedora
>polishes katana
>"primus isn't real metal"

because you're on a board that listens to the same 5 albums over and over again and can't into new music, let alone music that doesn't take itself seriously. Remember that this is the board that actually think AJJ is good because they make self hating serious music

That's funky shit mane

oh Fuck

>primus isn't real metal
That's not what he said.

I don't hate them user

It's certainly what he implied

Look I'm a big Primus fan, but if you honestly can't understand why another person might not like them you really need to work on yourself.

>TO ME that's its appeal
>still good from an OBJECTIVE standpoint

pick one

God you're dumb

Primus sucks

This is kind of valid
I do quite like them, but although they came up with an incredibly original style, it seems like they spent a little while refining it and then stuck to it for 3 decades
Not a lot of progression in the Primus discography

Loved Primus when I was sixteen, don't listen to them anymore but don't hate them. However, I can tell you something I hate about them very easily, an inordinate amount of their songs are basically just really short "cool" sounding bass riffs repeated for 3-4 minutes, they are very repetitive and ultimately uninteresting and forgettable.