Blade Runner 2049

Is it worth getting at all hyped for the new blade runner? Are there enough reasons to believe this won't go the same way as other recent franchise releases?

Other urls found in this thread:

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/825641.stm
youtube.com/watch?v=lCiUtRnG-bg&list=PLIWd-ha17vEmYUE5o_b4WDK_4bSoA4tNj
youtube.com/watch?v=en-HmMPpze4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Versions_of_Blade_Runner#The_Final_Cut_.282007.29
youtube.com/watch?v=wC16FJTI6XM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They show an aged up Deckard. It's already gone to shit.

So far I've got that there is a decent director and cinematographer attatched, as well as ridley's production company financing it so the final cut won't go to shit. The original writer of the screenplay is co-writing this one too. Decent actors. Is there anything more? as far as I know the composer of the soundtrack is fairly no name and syd mead isn't attatched to the concept designs of this project?

deckard was never a replicant, i do agree though that giving a definite answer about it is dumb.

>using LEDs instead of neon lighting
I'm not sure how I feel about this.

completely pointless movie and i wont be watching it. the original is overrated to all shit anyway

Oh shit lol I didn't even think of that, maybe they're going to switch it up and he actually isn't a replicant or something? Or maybe the replicants were built to look like they aged naturally?

He was a replicant ridley has confirmed it. It's also super obvious if you watch the final cut

replicants aren't robots in the BR universe

they age and bleed just like people do. they're just usually retired before the former happens.

no, ridley hadn't even thought of it until he heard of the fan theory later and said that he liked it more than what he had originally planned. doesn't make it canon.

>Bringing back Ford, when Rutger was the best part of BR1.

>Rutger died in the first movie
>Ford didn't
Really had to use the old noggin for that one

On a related note is Edward James Olmos gonna be in this one?

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/825641.stm
I'm pretty sure the director of the film confirming it makes it canon

Does it ever outright say it in the film?

Rachael was modeled after Tyrelle's niece.
Roy must have been modeled after someone. We could have seen the old version of whoever that was.
Just throwing this option out there. I don't actually think they should do it.

Was she? Or was it just her memories?

Either way Rachel was a special one and not indicative of mass market ones like Roy or Priss

If you've seen the final cut it's fairly obvious even if not directly stated

Robin Wright looks very similar to Pris, I wonder what her role is going to be

At worst it will be a decent remake sequel, probably will be better than usual shit out now, hopefully big dumb shithead cgi action scene with building he falling down, I wonder if nor is old people get mad if a movie doesn't have a building falling down and stupid obvious dialogue?

Not bringing back old man Rutger for a cameo is shit, especially if Ford saw him and shit himself.

I'm just hoping they don't try and make it too accessible. I can see some cinema goers these days getting bored of the original

>No Vangelis

Yelp

This feels like the film the aesthetics interests of the decade and Gosling's career have been building towards if it can be pulled off properly. You can see why they decided to release this

Johan is based kino

youtube.com/watch?v=lCiUtRnG-bg&list=PLIWd-ha17vEmYUE5o_b4WDK_4bSoA4tNj

It has demented DUDE WEED LMAO xD Harrison Ford who has been phoning it in for the last 20 years and that mongoloid autistic potato head Gooseling in it.
It will be garbage by default just because of those two shitstains.

Vangelis has been shit for years though

>listening to an old, demented fuckhead who is way past his prime and hasn't made a good movie in two decades and has made one of the worst movies of the past decade

The screenwriter of BR said Deckard is not a replicant, Harrison Ford said Deckard is not a replicant, Philip K. Dick didn't write him as a replicant.
Suddenly oldass pants shitter Ridley gets into a 2deep4youmang phase in his 70s and starts portraying subhuman, stinking unibrow hairy muslim sand niggers as noble and good people and Christians as filthy barbarians, retcons BR, parroting that Deckard was always a replicant and goes on to make Prometheus with Lindeloff "you see it's like 2001 it's so deep and full of ideas like Jesus....Jesus was a space jockey BAM MIND BLOWN right?!"
He shot his entire load with The Duelists, Alien and Blade Runner. Everything after that was Reddit-tier imdb trash.
He is a senile, old fuck and needs to eat shit and die asap.

It's gonna suck. Harrison Ford didn't even bother to wear a costume. He doesn't give a fuck anymore so we shouldn't either.

>The screenwriter of BR said Deckard is not a replicant, Harrison Ford said Deckard is not a replicant, Philip K. Dick didn't write him as a replicant

I didn't know that, but I would still say it's not confirmed either way then

On the other hand though even if you don't see it as complete blade runner canon that Deckard is a replicant, in ridley's final cut version at least he inarguably is a replicant

>Denis Villeneuve
>Ryan Gosling
>R-Rated
>Mid budget indie film
>Almost no green screen

It's a project that has passion behind it

I trust

No, and no. There is no reason for the original film to have a sequel.

Maybe he was just waiting for Blade Runner 2 to create another Magnum Opus

>Mid budget indie film
what?

Villeneuve said that the studio keeps reminding him that they gave him lots of money for a independent project

Use Google and you will find it. It's recent interview.

No, Ridley Scott isn't an auteur, he was just a hired hand, a stylist without a personal vision.

The Final Cut is referencing the fan theory, but the original film contains no such idea, and it would be dumb if it did. The point of the relationship between Deckard and Rachel is that a human can love a replicant, which is lost if Deckard is replicant who doesn't know it.

Again, it can't be said often enough, Blade Runner was a neo-noir with a futuristic gimmick which got repackaged as philosophical SF when the 'director's cut' was released in a last-ditch attempt to turn bad money good - and it worked. The original film, which is far more interesting than any subsequent cut, gives no support to the Deckard replicant theory.

No, it's confirmed that it was never the intention.

Think about why fans might have wanted Deckard to be a replicant. Spoiler: it's because they have autism.

>Kuedo not making the soundtrack

youtube.com/watch?v=en-HmMPpze4

one job

>Ridley Scott isn't an auteur, he was just a hired hand, a stylist without a personal vision

he's been pretty lucky with some of the projects he's been involved in then

>but the original film contains no such idea

Wrong.

Deckard had Gaff's implanted memories.
Gaff was too old to go around retiring replicants so they placed his experience into a replicant's head.

That's why Gaff oddly shadows Deckard around (with seemingly no purpose) and apparently knows about his dreams.

Deckard is NOT a fucking replicant. That's just a handful of shit Ridley Scott pulled out of his arse after the fact. How could he be? Every single one of the replicants he comes up against out-smarts and out-fights him even though he's aware and armed and they're not. The theory makes no sense. Deckard is so emotionally distant and fucked-up that he is effectively dehumanised and less human that the replicants is the point I took. Scott is a sentimental hack now who lost all sense of restraint and his burblings should be discarded.

Major pleb opinion please don't crucify me.

I recently watched Blade Runner for the first time and while it's certainly a fine film, I just didn't think it was anything amazing? Is it one of those cases where an old classic has been aped so much that the original thing feels simplistic in retrospect?

watch the final cut if you didn't
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Versions_of_Blade_Runner#The_Final_Cut_.282007.29

Well in the book Deckard at one point is tricked into second guessing himself as a replicant so I guess that's where Scott might have gotten the idea

The point is that it was never clearly stated and should be left ambiguous instead of going full retard like Ridley and retcon the entire movie, because his Alzheimer's brain feels like that now. That way everyone can just think his own part and be happy. It leaves the film on a nice "or did they?" uncertainty and is also part of the reason thils film has been open for discussion for more than three decades.

Old shit for brains is currently fucking his Alien legacy up the ass because he just can't let go. He went full Georg Lucas Special Edition.

For me it just has so much re watch potential and it's the subtlety of the atmosphere, themes, acting, set design etc. that make it so good. Not to mention the score. It's a film you definitely have to watch in the proper format and not just some shitty stream on a laptop

do you want a medal or something?

HEY GUYS WHATS THE BIG DEAL ABOUT THIS THING THAT EVERYONE LIKES I DONT GET IT

It's being directed by Villeneuve so I'm cautiously optimistic

Nothing about the original screamed "this needs a sequel", though

>muh symbolism
>muh imagery
>muh cyberpunk
>muh 87 different versions
>muh unicorns

Is there a more overrated sci-fi flick? Worst fanbase, Marlel/Shit Wars tier.

>Is there a more overrated sci-fi flick?

there aren't that many good sci-fi films anyway compared to other genres, if you're a sci-fi fan and don't like blade runner it's kind of weird

tfw prime burial isn't doing the soundtrack
youtube.com/watch?v=wC16FJTI6XM