Doctor Who General - /who/

Jenna will never be the companion again or your girlfriend Edition

Previous

Good actress, shit character.

And what really bothers me is to think of those people out there who don’t see him as a person.

And if anything would ever happen to Cloister, the world can kiss my ass goodbye. Cause if anything ever happens to him, I'm jumping off the nearest fucking building.

I don’t care what anyone says, I love Cloister. And if anything ever happens to him, if he ever commits suicide cause of a fucking idiot video, I mean, because of a fucking idiot mongo, I will kill myself too.

Reminder that 5 is pretty comfy.

Can we rename "Doctor Who General - /who/" to "Doctor Who Jennaral - /who/" in honor of Jenna?

Watch her slowly disappear.

It's been over a year, user. Time to move on.

>tfw you show the lads you just had your eyes shut all them years and they piss themselves laughing

It happened too slowly for my liking.

She will fade off and end up back in a soap.

>you

>when she sticks out her tits just before she gets hit

Hot.

She's the main star of a series that recently got renewed for a second season.

Simon fucking Cowell, man. They deserved to win.

>she

Makes me hungry for some pancakes.

Why do we never talk about Sidney Newman in the same way we discuss Roddenbery and Lucas?

I don't know anyone who watches that historical soap shit.

Because she didn't sink her mits into the franchise and drag it down to mediocrity like those fucking hacks

Because Newman had almost fuck all to do with Dr Who except get it going. Almost none of his ideas stuck into the actual series and he contributed nothing after that.

Because he didn't really do much other than kickstart the show and people like Verity Lambert had a bigger impact anyway. Besides, if he got his way the show wouldn't have made it past its first year.

Why did I make him a woman?

You make all men women, mentally

We should be talking about John Wiles. Not really but I think I'm the only one who hasn't been called Cats at some point. If you can't beat them, join them.

shut up alt-right fucker

>them

This. If anyone, pic related should be regarded as the real "creator" of the show since she had the most input early on.

We should talk more about Andrew Cartmel desu, he showed the most intelligence and forward-thinking creative vision out of all of them.

I don't know m8 I think John Wiles was pretty clever and Based

We all know it's you, catto

Nah Verity is as overated as fuck, too.

Very few of the creative ideas came from her. Practically none. She was a very good producer in a management capacity who drove the production along but as far as the fiction goes she contributed very little indeed.
MacDonald had most of the show in place before he arrived. He was totally erased from the comedy drama to make Verity look better.
Then Coburn, Whitaker, Nation, Lucarotti started defining what Dr Who could be.

Doctor Who is kind of weird in that the first version of it isn't the """definitive""" version. I might prefer if it was, but more people regard the Hinchcliffe or RTD eras as the essence of what the show should be.

>Mongo is false flagging as Cats and then calling himself out so it looks like Cats is still here

Look at the post times lads.

The only early who person I really know by name is Whitaker as he wrote the best dalek episodes and help define them better than nation did

He is the first script editor.

>faceless doesn't know shit about Classic Who

:) noob

Yeah I kinda admitted that in the post

We've met the Doctor, and the Master (Missy).

So when are we going to meet the Bachelor?

Or for the matter, the Associate?

she looks like talller, prettier Emma Watson

MONGO EXPOSED

AHAHAHAHA

See, that's the thing I feel sets Who above any other SF series - there isn't a "definitive version", so much as an endlessly growing and mutating bundle of ideas. It doesn't need to be about adventures in time and space, sicne you've got three years of earthbound Pertwee, it doesn't need to have the Doctor in it for more than a few minutes a la Blink, it doesn't need anyone BUT the Doctor in Heaven Sent, it doesn't even really need to be a TV show.

>MONGO

>Adam is mongo
Would explain why his Twitter became so quiet. He spends all his time shitposting here now.

Actually he's too busy fucking his girlfriend. She's another who fan he met hanging out at the studios.

How do you guys feel about the purple/red jacket? I'm personally not a fan

Do they look for food in the garbage together?

No, they don't enter your place of residence, cats, remember?

>girlfriend

Thanks for making me piss myself laughing more than the time I remembered Davros just had his eyes shut all them years.

>they
>your

Oh I'm not Cats. I just wanted to trigger you, Adam. It's pretty easy

It will annoy many /who/ers reading this but Adam actually goes out of his home and meets lots of people including women on a regular basis.
He actually has more chance of pussy than most of the shut-ins here.

Why not Alfred Enoch?
They want somebody young and full of vim, so he'd do. He hasn't got a very urban accent, either — he sounds like your typical posh Englishman.
He's an alumnus through his father, too.
Can you fucking imagine it? If William Russell survives to 2018 we can have a special where Alfred's Doctor meets Ian again and it'll be father and son. Can you imagine based Russell turning on the telly on Christmas Day to see his son playing the role that his best friend and mentor once played over 5 decades ago? The smile he'd have on his face?

No one is interested in this forced meme, cats.

The thing is, I don't actually care about Adam, Cats or whatever "internet personality", I just want to talk about Classic Who and the books from time to time. Do people here just spend all day rehashing fan drama?

THIS IS WHY I'M SAYING HE'S THE ONE

MAKE IT HAPPEN CHIBNALL AND EVERYTHING WILL BE FORGIVEN

Seems that way. That was pretty much why I stopped posting

I'm really not Cats, and I really don't see it as a meme. The only abnormal thing about Enoch taking on the role is his skin color. Besides that, he's a good actor, he isn't too well-known, he's handsome, and I think he's got a very "Doctor"-y aura about him.

>She

It's just Mongo. He shitposts constantly and even gives himself (You)s () so it looks like people are falling for his shitty bait. It's been about a year of shitposting now and he still hasn't recieved a permanent ban.

Every once in a while you get a brilliant, well-thought-out discussion and it's just fucking fantastic.
But sometimes — very often, actually — the /who/ drama breaks out and it's just not fun to look at. It can last for entire threads and it's just a pain.

Just report him and move on. The jannies will give him his seventieth 3-day ban and we will have a brief time in which actual discussion is possible.

Shouldn't be too long. Janitors have started deleting posts mentioning Cloister or having his iconic green picture of a woman hiding behind a 11 Funko Pop figure. It's only a matter of time.

Matt Lucas @RealMattLucas Dec 25

@AdamOrford1 Thank Adam, wishing you a Merry Christmas xx

They truly are friends! He totally doesn't just pity him!

You are so jealous!

>Matt Lucas sends Adam kisses

Oooh! Adam and Nardole like candy!

Faye!

I reported a huge bunch of shitposts earlier and nothing happened. Janitors are lazy as fuck.
I wish they would just range ban Mongo.

Kek I missed that.

Who is that? She looks like a boy.

remember that time the master did an awful thing and the doctor didn't really seem to care that much

>implying there is something wrong with two men being in love

Fuck off Fake Immigrant.

Oh noes I've been found out! Shite.

Probably because they weren't from mongo himself. Some people just like to ride along you know.

>train
that's a bus

How about we actually talk about Doctor Who? I don't want Faceless to disappear again.

What's your favorite missing episode and why?

He's a bit retarded, you see.

What is your favourite, cats? Get the ball rolling.

77777777 is approaching, ready your rarest Sylvs

>your

I like The Savages but nobody here ever seems to talk about it. It feels really contemporary for a Hartnell story, as is usually the case with Innes Lloyd's era.

Evil of the daleks. Often go back and forth between it and power over which I like more but now that we kinda have power I'd say that one. First off I like the basic ideas behind it it's 3 different stories in 3 different eras. The civil war is a great idea and the doctor is shown as the chess master a role he does a few episodes but it got fazed out rather quickly

Marco Polo would be next choice

The next Doctor is here to tell you that bowties are cool.

Shona, and she's a qt and does not look like a boy.

I keep getting Savages and Smugglers mixed up - it's the one where Steven leaves and the whole twist is that the supposedly "civilized" guys behaved more savagely than their enemies, right?

The Myth Makers is pretty dope.

Come up with a Big Finish story in which a modern Doctor meets a classic Doctor.

I think the 12th, 4th and Leela would make a beautiful trio.

I always forget about smugglers as I fell asleep during the audio recon of and never went back to it.

Savages seems like it has some really cool ideas plus it's one of 2 times the doctor is aged that kinda explains his early regen

Real next Doctor here.

It's literally The Time Machine again. Morloks feeding on Eloi.
A better riff on The Time Machine is The Daleks by Terry Nation.

Will I be accused of memeing if I say The Daleks' Master Plan? I'm a sucker for space operas and big scale stories. I love the alien delegates too, or at least what we can see of them with the surviving footage and pictures. The giant chess piece is especially good. They should bring it back in an alien crowd scene sometime.

Isn't this a really goofy story like he romans until the last episode where it gets crazy serious and dark? Great choice plus it has Vickie leaving

No. I can't fucking stand this guy. I don't know what it is, but I just do not like him or his voice. Alfred 4ever.

OK Dimmeh if you say so.

>1776
There should be an American Revolution story that expands on the time Ten said he hung out with Ben Franklin. Or would that be considered unpatriotic in Britain?

It's because he's a shit actor

Looks literally retarded.

I got an iTunes gift card from someone who couldnt be ass'd to even try to think of a present so I spent it on the audio recon of masterplan. I love it due to the meddling monk showing up just when it's starting to run out of steam and he gives the story a nice shit in the arm

I can't fucking wait for this.

>a nice shit in the arm