Cucked by commie fucks

The more I read about our post-revolution history, the more I get depressed about this country.

I'm not talking about "LE SEWER DWELLER" memes retards spout out. I'm talking about how much this country has been continually betrayed since the revolution.

We start at 25 December 1989, the fateful day Romania freed itself by shooting the communist dictator Nicolae Ceaușescu. Did he deserve this? Sure, we can admit that. However, the betrayal yet exists... for the kangaroo court that decided to execute him didn't do so out of revolutionary spirit, but to cover up their own tracks as corrupt Securitate members. The amount of information that could have been extracted about party members such as Ion Iliescu would have been incredibly useful in rooting out the corruption in this country.

Ion Iliescu. Accusations against him include him being a member of the KGB. In spite of this, shortly after Ceaușescu's fall he takes power leading the National Salvation Front, which quickly starts reinforcing their position. This, the National Salvation Front, is the predecessor to many of the current and former parties in Romania - the PNL (current president and much of the parliament), PSD (most of parliament) and PDL (now absorbed in the PNL) can trace their lineage to this one party, founded by a KGB agent who fell out of Ceaușescu's grace before the revolution and took power in the turmoil shortly after.

Immediately, first things first - since it is impossible to stop the transition to "democracy", Iliescu starts attacking threats to his power. Of course, this wasn't complicated, since the population was still under the hypnosis of communist indoctrination. He targets the King of Romania (Michael I), continuing the propaganda that the communist regime had (for example, that the king left with immeasurable wealth, which is untrue as the king left with very few posessions (any other possessions had been confiscated when he left) and was, for the standards of a king, dirt poor.)

Other urls found in this thread:

translate.google.ro/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=ro&ie=UTF-8&u=https://web.archive.org/web/20141207132714/http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/russian/russia/newsid_3044000/3044486.stm&edit-text=
allcountries.org/wfb2008/greece/greece_economy.html
allcountries.org/wfb2008/romania/romania_economy.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Si sa nu uitam de tigani

This is what led to him being able to get elected as first (second?) president of Romania in 1990 with a whooping 85% of votes, and again in 1992 with 62% of the vote (which, if you include his reelection in 2000, he's the only president to have legally served three mandates as president - really makes you think)

This brings us to the early 90s. You might have heard of the Mineriads - or perhaps not. In any case, the first of these Mineriads happned in January 1990, as a response to protests against the FSN (National Salvation Front), and against the communism it still tried to perpetuate. On January 29, 1990 5000 miners entered Bucharest and started beating up protestors and attacking the headquarters of the opposing parties.

Further mineriads occured in February and June, against other manifestations. Another mineriad occured in September 1991, all of these mineriads serving Iliescu's motives.

Oh, and another thing - during this time the King tried to return to Romania to visit the land he was forced into exile from, and was instead turned around by Iliescu for political reasons. Great.

Let's shift forward to Iliescu's third presidency, between 2000 and 2004. During this presidency Iliescu betrayed the country by signing a treaty with Putin ( translate.google.ro/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=ro&ie=UTF-8&u=https://web.archive.org/web/20141207132714/http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/russian/russia/newsid_3044000/3044486.stm&edit-text= ) where he essentially waived away our claims to Bessarabia and excused Russia of the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact. This was followed by us joining NATO, thus essentially making the whole thing moot, as we were not at threat from Russia anymore.

You'd think the fun's over when Iliescu is no longer in office in 2004, but oh hey, here comes Traian Băsescu, Burner of Fleets and Destroyer of Hopes.

COMMIED

And guess what, it's another Securitate agent! Between 2004 and 2014, his achievements include:

* Selling the entire state-owned merchant fleet of around 300 ships (a sizeable fleet for our size, now owned by the chinese)

* Create the most corrupt system ever seen by Romania, allowing him to target political enemies and most importantly keep his own corrupt minions safe (and jail them when they revolt)

* Privatize whatever was left of our state-owned industry

* Evade being thrown out of office by having the constitutional court enact a quorum of 50% on the referendum to kick him out; even though 86% voted to impeach him, only 46% were present at the vote in 2012 and as such he continued to be president.

As you can see, our true pride. We probably deserved him.

But that's not the end, for here comes Iohannis. Famous for doing jackshit other than going on vacation all year.

Oh, and overthrowing the government by abusing the crisis of the Colectiv Fire, blaming it on the government (which was formed in opposition to the party he originates from) and ensuring that they are forced to resign. What follows is our current government - "technocrats" brought from Bruxelles who are subservient to the EU cause. Great.

Finally, let's end with some sad notes.

The pic in the previous post is the IAR-95 - a supersonic jet fighter Romania attempted to create in the late 80s to replace the outdated MiG-21s we were using. It was cancelled due to not having enough funding.

Currently, it remains cancelled, and the EU and NATO-shill government continues to ignore producing our own (cheaper) aircraft in favour of buying more expensive, yet outdated F-16s.

I hope this explains why our country has remained so shit. Our national spirit is broken; our hopes destroyed. It is not an excuse, but an explanation.

The only thing left, for us, is to try to fix it, but the way it's going, with our decreasing population and brain drain, is currently that we're a dead country.

So stop complaining, ye westerners. You have not been commied, your nation's soul has not been bashed into the ground and any last piece of dignity tarnished. Your countries may be committing suicide, but rest assured that you will never match the way ours is.

so what's your fucking alternative?

I laughed every fucking second those cringy fucks did 20k mass protests about the political class in Bucharest, hell i even went to a few of them.

You can't change fucking nothing not even in 10 years.

What's my fucking alternative?

First of all, shoot all of you fucking apathic fucks. I hate you so much, and you ARE the reason we "can't change fucking nothing not even in 10 years".

Protests don't solve shit, I agree. What solves shit is going into politics and campaigning for what you believe in. Creating plans to fix Romania's issues BEFORE you get elected (we gon be good noncorrupt bois doesn't cut it).

If you don't do that, create industry. Find a niche you can fill. Fill it in Romania, don't emigrate.

Solutions for Romania's problems?

Reverse the brain drain - subsidize the return of educated programmers and the like to Romania, even if it causes a deficit.

Stop buying expensive foreign military equipment and buy local one, even if it's slightly shittier.

In whatever party you get into, enforce strictness on corruption. Anyone who joins must go through a background check. This only works for a new party, so if there's none, fucking make one - the minimum is 3 people, and even if there's too many parties you can always make an alliance of parties to gain more votes.

As much as I hate corruption, DNA has got to go eventually. It's paralyzed the whole system. We should focus on kicking the corrupt out of office by any means and propagating that downwards rather than inflicting a reign of terror that does not even achieve its goal (and arguably is corruptly motivated too).

Seek direct alliances and economic treaties in the region. Craiova and Visegrad group are great starters. We should leave the EU and instead seek direct treaties that benefit us too - we don't even need to lose benefits such as not having an import tax.

I could go on.

Whatever. We all cucks of European Union, communism is just a meme for keeping people calm, securitate/kgb is just a colonial administration. Then time has come for EU to become open empire USSR colony was demolished from top, no one say a word, and most stubborn leaders got bullets. Gorbachev approved the hunting for Ceausescu despite he was pro USSR and shit. Now Gorbachev is living a happy life in Bavaria. Plain African tier government administrations.
Our countries never had been independent.

Romania used to be independent in the interbellic era, which is what saddens me most.

Btw, my only gripe about your country is the land we rightfully own. If you gave that to us, I would really look forward to collaborating with you.

When Western Europe gets hit by destabilisation from ethnic conflict it'll be Eastern Europe's turn to do the cucking. You should build a military alliance from the Baltic states to the Balkans.

No its not. People lived a horrible life while economic existed for profit of west europe, and especially France.
Do you noticed how expanshion of EU sudddenly coincided with USSR disappearance? Pure accident.

WE WAS ROMANS N SHIT

What is interbellic btw? Monarchy? Last time our countries was relevant is 19 century monarchies.

Go home Romania, go home to loving arms.

get triggered faggot

Thanks for pointing out all your sterotypes on me when i haven't even made a statement regarding my position.

In fact i agree with almost 90% with all you say but if you believe those things can be done in less than 10 years you're fucking delusional, and no i'm not fucking apathic.

EU is "giving" every member country a short-term benefit if you're worse than the average, after you've reached the average you go straight into the shithole.

You can't decide who is corrupt and who isn't because those who decide are corrupts aswell in the fucking first place.That's why you can't change shit before those people die.And you know what is the only thing which prevents the future people who takes those roles from getting corrupted by money and power? Education and fucking values, things we've lost.

If there's something we can do on the short-term is reforming our fucking education across the country and i mean the serious way, not removing Bibles from schools just because and somebody saw on fucking "xD leddit " how another country has more fedoras.

Ah, interbelic is a monarchy. OK then, my bad. Your country resisted so long to this republic meme. Anyway, people got their progressive democracy without property and shit, thanks Stalin.

No, I don't believe these things can be done in less than 10 years. They'll never get done if we don't start now though.

And yes, sorry for getting triggered. I am really annoyed by how many people in this country go something along the lines of "lol it'll never happen XD" and abandon all hope.

>You can't decide who is corrupt and who isn't because those who decide are corrupts aswell in the fucking first place.That's why you can't change shit before those people die.And you know what is the only thing which prevents the future people who takes those roles from getting corrupted by money and power? Education and fucking values, things we've lost.

That's why I said we should abandon the DNA. The only way to fix things is slowly replacing the system. There's things we can fix *now* however, starting *now*, and that we can only fix by starting *now*. And then again, parliament is extremely volatile.

Interbellic is 1919-1938, between the two world wars. Height of our relevancy and economic power really (in comparison to western countries). Some people try to downplay it, but the data is pretty clear that communism made us stagnate (iirc, comparing Greece and Romania in 1938 they had similar GDP/capita, right now we have way less).

>monarchy

Bellum means war in latin , inter well between in latin, Inter bellum - Between wars

if you ask my opinion replacing them with other uneducated fucks is a short-term option and not-so-optimal.

Everyone who got even the slightest idea of marxist-leninism(who created this age-gap and the contradictions in our country) shouldn't be able to hold a position in the system.Replacing them straight-away isn't really a soution because there are not so many other people with muh diplomas and shit.

On the other hand i don't thing that we should get influenced by EU or US on how to decide whether a candidate is right or not for a position in the gov.(this has been happening for so many years now)

>shoot all of you fucking apathic fucks

>being this much of a triggered cuck

>Height of our relevancy and economic power really (in comparison to western countries).

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Take your pills m8

I visited Braşov last summer.

I liked it, those Transylvanian Mountains are pretty rad. Didn't care for the vampires though.

Interbelic = The period between the end of WW1 till the start of WW2

You keep saying short-term, but I don't mean short-term replacements. Slowly replacing means we wait for them to simply drop out and replace them with better suited, noncorrupt individuals.

Otherwise I agree with you.

>look ma! I don't care about politics therefore I am better, ignore the cowardice in not changing anything

Lol, look at the fucking stats you retard. Compare to Greece, for example

1938, GDP per capita (I forget which currency, I think dollars year 2000)

Greece: 800
Romania: 700

Today, compare the two before 2008 crisis, that is in 2007:
Greece: PPP 30k$
nominal 22k$

Romania: PPP 11k$
nominal 3.8k$

allcountries.org/wfb2008/greece/greece_economy.html
allcountries.org/wfb2008/romania/romania_economy.html

Now come back with your fantasies about muh rebirthed romania with le great western influences. We're a shithole compared to what we were. Sure, we improved - but every fucking country in this world has improved since fucking 1938. It's not an achievement to lag behind so hard.

You were better off under communism even tho Ceaușescu was a shit tier leader

Unfortunately I suppose this was sort of true. The government was better, but I think free trade and capitalism did improve the quality of life in Romania.

From what i heard Ceausescu was actually a Sup Forums-tier retard. For example he imposed ban on abortions to populate country with romanian nordic master race, resisted IMF hard, etc. Poltards probably should praise him.

He'd've been great if he wasn't a commie and if he didn't take hints from North Korea.

Also, I'm sure you mean

>romanian dacian master race

Now compare the same figures during the commie and inter-war era.

Protip: we we're better off during the commie era

Don't be so shy, my nordic bro.

>For example he imposed ban on abortions to populate country with romanian nordic master race, resisted IMF hard, etc.

Can you prove there's anything wrong with these policies?
Didnt thinks so.

There is nothing wrong, just high likelihood to get shot and have smear company in media then. Also romanian people paid IMF their hard earned money while they suffer in poverty, thats wrong.

He was definitely worst of the communist-era Romanian leaders, but still better than Iliescu & Co.

Ultimately, the standard of living plunged because of surrounding imperialist powers which forced austerity on Romania, not because of Ceaușescu

His one saving grace was his opposition of Gorbachev. Doesn't absolve his retardedness with the IMF though

>He was definitely worst of the communist-era Romanian leaders, but still better than Iliescu & Co.

The alternative being Dej and Pauker?

Compared to other countries? No, we were lagging behind during whole commie era. I'm willing to take evidence you give stating otherwise, however.

There's also his opposition to soviet invasion of Czechoslovakia (iirc), the fact he remade the IAR in the first place (was destroyed by commies in '49), remaking Dacia.

He's no saint, but he did want to do good things often enough. The issue is that he had a weird view of what is "good" and that he was often deceived by other party members. Not to mention the whole North Korean inspiration thing.

Btw, the IMF thing means we left the commie era with no debt, and we still have one of the lowest debts in Europe. Doesn't excuse the plunge standards of living had to take, but there's a good part at least.

Making Dacia* (car company)

Dacia didn't exist before communist era.

I'm also not sure it was his initiative, dunno why I mentioned it.

He made a lot of mistakes and wasn't a really great leader or thinker. But he did believe in communism and he was one of the only leaders in Eastern Europe who resisted Gorbachevism and tried to stop the counterrevolution. He paid for it with his life.

Personally, I think our problems go a bit deeper, it has to do with our unfortunate history and geographical position.

1. Dacia was one of the latest provinces conquered by the Roman Empire (and not even all of it). So there was less influence coming from that part, less structures and organization
2. We didn't have access to the Mediterranean Sea or an Ocean like many great nations did.
3. We weren't properly united. Our three biggest regions existed as separated entities for centuries and we've been "together" for something more than 100/150 years.
4. We were sandwiched between empires who didn't conquer us, but fucked us up with their own inside influence. We have the hasburgs, the russian and the ottomans to fight all the fucking time and they were meddling and buying our boyars all the time too. That's why Transylvania is a bit better than us when you think about it, because they were part of that empire and with that came the culture and development.
5. By the time we finally managed to get our shit together, it was the interbellic era and the Great depression. Then WW2 started, where again we were fucked in the ass by the nazi and then the commies for 50 years.

So you see, I think our problem just simply goes a bit in our heritage. We can blame this or that politician, but the truth is that those politicians come out of our culture and bad-luck heritage. We were never given a break, we never had time to get unified and improve our relations and maintain a stronghold. We never had economic and geographical advantages that other nations did.

And yet, despite all this, we're not that bad. We're not Venezuela, we're not Ukraine or Syria. We don't have "Gypsy History Month", we've been steadily growing economically. We could've done it sooner if it wasn't for Iliescu and Basescu being so shit, but at least we're floating.

>Michael I
Is he still alive?

>1. Dacia was one of the latest provinces conquered by the Roman Empire (and not even all of it). So there was less influence coming from that part, less structures and organization

Honestly, I think it would have been better if we hadn't been conquered by the Roman Empire; Dacia was on its way to centralization, all the conquest did was set us back.

>2. We didn't have access to the Mediterranean Sea or an Ocean like many great nations did.
Sure, but the real issue is that we never had time to focus on anything naval after the Aurelian defeat; we were always struggling just to be independent.

Otherwise I pretty much agree.

Alive and well, there was talk of him being seriously ill but nothing seems to have come out of it and he seems to be back in health.

I think it would simply be beautiful if he lived to see the monarchy restored.

Yes

I really hope that someday Romania will return to its former glory. Also, border tripoint of Hungary, Romania and Poland sounds nice only to me?