What's the best Star Wars Episode VII character and why is it Kylo Ren, Sup Forums?

What's the best Star Wars Episode VII character and why is it Kylo Ren, Sup Forums?

he has the most character

>forgetting Maz Kanata

I thought her name was Raz Clanada

He's basically a caricature of Star Wars diehards. Like them, he is a lonely, unpleasant young white man who grew up at odds with his parents, obsessed over the paraphernalia of movies that came out before he was born. While every other major new character in the movies is just bumbling around with their own problems, Kylo is obsessed with the story of Star Wars and longs to take his place in its legend. Abrams' Star Trek movies had a similar message which essentially identified old fans with the villains, trusting that the new fans wouldn't care and the old fans would see the movie anyway just because they have to.

The movie is all about costly failures of machismo; the only male character who is broadly portrayed in a positive light (Finn) is also a weak buffoon. Much as Kylo represents the obsessive superfan who hates the movie but goes to see it anyway because it is Star Wars, the focus of his existence, Finn represents the average Tom, Dick, or Jamarcus on the street who just goes to see Star Wars because it is the cool thing to do right now. Meanwhile Rey represents Abrams' vision of the future of the fanbase, a little girl (she is almost completely desexualized and infantile, innocent figure for a female lead (hence Sup Forums's obsession with her as a sex object)) whose dreams of Star Wars must take a back seat to her real life problems.

This is also why Rey is ridiculously competent at everything she does despite never training at any of it. It's because her actions are meant to represent the kind of arbitrary imaginative play-pretend way you thought of Star Wars as a kid - you're flying the ships, you're moving things with your mind, you're fighting the evil mask guy with the red sword, you're not thinking about how incongruous that kind of fantasizing is with the world the movie portrays. Kylo's problem is he's past 30 and still loves Star Wars.

He's the only character that was new and fresh and actually had substance and an actual motivation unlike MaRey Sue.

Now Kylo has no dad or mom

It's okay to not like things, just be nice to the people who do like those things.

Give the credit where it's due - Driver did a phenomenal job with what he was given.
Imagine someone else, some Hollywood-molded pretty boy delivering those lines on the bridge. Some Hayden-tier actor. Imagine.

Damn fine actor. Can't wait for Silence, Paterson and Don Quixote.

He's the key to all of the new trilogy. Cause he's a more layered character than they've ever had before.
And despite how you feel about TFA they actually got him working

>daddy issues, the character

lolno

more like granddaddy issues

this gave me autism

Because he's actually compelling. This emo Kylo Ren meme bullshit is just spouted by retarded millenials

At least he had something going for him, some character. Not the greatest character. But better than Mary Sue or Run, Nigger, Run.

Kylo Ren is a huge faggot but at least he's better then MaRey Sue and Finndu nuffin.

Why doesn't the new cast feel 'Star Wars' at all?

I thought her name was Camp Granada

I dunno man I knew a lot of white Chads who liked him

Actual 10/10 analysis, bravo.

I honestly quite like him. They could have gone the typical all powerful big bad sith route like with Vader, Sheev, Dooku, and Maul but instead they went with a guy who wants to be bad but the light won't let him. Someone so fucked up by the confliction between the two sides that it physically unbalances him, sending him into something similar to "Sith Rage" it's actually refreshing and keeps the character interesting as you don't know what's going to happen with him next.

His design is good, is blade really grew on me, he's easily one of the biggest highlights of TFA.

I don't think finn is that bad. rey's character could've been handled better though.

He's the only character who inherently belongs in the story. Everyone else is just "there". Finn has the most right to exist after that since you know he was a grunt in the Imperial Remnants. Thing is, we didn't get to see any of that.

The new cast feels about as fresh and organic as a McDonald's happy meal.

>is blade really grew on me
I wish it was longer and he had to use to hands to maneuver it. That would've made things more interesting than a cross guard which never gets used. Also the design of the cross guard is confusing. It looks like if you sliced down it'd break. It IS a functional cross guard right?

What does RLM think about him? They think Rey is charismatic after all.

does anybody else like hux and wish to see more of him in episode 8?

I mean yeah, he has to pretend to like Lena Dunham 24/7. Of course he's a solid actor.

I thought that was Yoda and Jar Jar Bink's lovechild named Yoda.

>making another generation of children despise gingers

south park was finally wearing off too

As far as I've heard/read it is fully functional like the blade itself but it mainly exists to balance the power of the blade without the thing blowing up. As for wielding we've only seen him clash once with it and he was badly injured while fighting so I can imagine we'll see more tricks with it.

The First Order needs as much fleshing out as possible. I'd like more of him and Phasma. Not just meme scenes of them looking stupid. Episode 8 needs to be 2 and a half hours long. Sadly The Mouse would never allow it.

He has the potential to be a pop culture icon grander than Vader. I know the general populace is short-sighted in terms of thinking towards the future, but I for one believe they're shaping Kylo up to be even greater of an entity than his grandfather based on the trajectory of his character arc.

Based Domhnall

Yeah id say hes the best. He's definitely the most fleshed out character, has a properly established motivation outside of 'muh moral compass' or 'muh destiny', and a backstory that im genuinely interested in
Adam Driver is also a pretty good actor, and that scene where he had a tantrum and the stormtroopers walk away made me laugh pretty hard

He used the crossguard exhaust to break the bladelock he was in with Finn by burning Finn's shoulder with it, forcing Finn to retract his lightsaber.

>I'd like more of him and Phasma

It was criminal just how underused Phasma was. Her design is a solid 8/10, perhaps even a 9.

it does

Why does the general in charge of the First Order look like he's 12?

better than mary sue.
Which the movie focused on him instead of literally rerunning the first film.

I legitimately like the first order and it's characters bbetter than the resistance.

Also why is the resistance named the resistance when they're the establishment?

Because he isn't that much older and the FO are just wehraboos that get their funding from Andy Serkis and take their roleplaying waaaay too seriously.

because they shaved off his beard

>blade really grew on me

I still hate it. The cross guard looks awkward.

Was this character supposed to be like a SPARTAN II from Halo? Are stormtroopers supposed to be inspired by her presence in the battlefield? Is she supposed to be stronger and faster and superior than every grunt? Was she kidnapped as a child and genetically enhanced through futuristic steroids and shit? She was such a pussy in the final product that I feel that no matter what they do with her in the sequels it'll be too little too late.

>Gets cut with saber.
>Cut looks like he was cut with a thin knife.

Wew lad.

She existed to sell action figures m8.

Fair enough, it's like the double bladed saber where some like it and some don't I personally have always hated it

This, i don't get it, why it seems that nothing has changed since the originals?

>77
Star Wars was released in 1977

>What's the best Star Wars Episode VII character and why is it Kylo Ren, Sup Forums?

He is the biggest fucking pussy in the entire Star Wars franchise

>Throws tantrums like a little baby

>Has no identity of his own and is just a Vader fanboy

>Ugly as fuck

>Gets beat by a LOL girl the first time she picks up a saber

It's easy to say he's clearly the biggest pussy in any film ever and the worst "villain" of all time.

That's explained. Leia tried to enlist the New Republics help in taking down The First Order but it was deemed no real threat and dismissed which forced Leia to build up her own "Resistance"

>General Leia's resistance

Well I guess they killed off the wrong character.

Also considering the first order completely destroyed some of the republic's biggest planets before the resistance could do shit.... I guess they really failed.

I bet you liked Darth Maul too.

To be fair to them there is no way anyone could prepare against a super weapon that drains the power of a sun to power a cannon capable of wiping out multiple planets at once.

Because a flawed character is more interesting than a perfect character.

He's inevitably going to become good in the end, isn't he? Why can't we have a story that isn't about redemption, we already saw that with Vader

I want this guy to fully embrace the dark side and die a genuine Sith, but surely Disney won't let me have that

he go good
she go bad
and they will be siblings
pottery

One thing I really liked about him was that the choreography of his lightsaber fighting was really well done.

t. fuckin dork

stop insulting my husbando

I really like and trust Adam Driver

If he accepted to portrait Kylo Ren it means that he like the character, so simply turn good might be somehow less probable for Kylo.
And even if it's just that, then all the process will look much more credible thanks to him.

Fucking Hayden

Why does Kylo wear the mask? There's literally no explanation for it. He's not a walking corpse on life support like Vader. It serves absolutely no purpose.

maybe to hide that he's just a simple young man, who doesn't look intimidating at all, without it. also, it probably makes him feel closer to his grandfather.

> No one cared who I was until I put on the mask

the Man has spaken

He's the least awful.

But then why does he take the mask off anyway whenever he talks to anyone or does anything?

The only problem with Finn is that it's hard to believe someone would go through all the brainwashing and training of a stormtrooper and then have second thought about it and pussy out in his first mission. Other than that he's a guy who wants to run away and survive, but ends up involved in some important shit because he's fond of his new friends

Rey is just an inexplicably powerful girl designed solely to adhere to the strong womyn narrative

Only to talk with Rey, cause he clearly felt a connection with her (for whatever reason you prefer), and with his father

> Everyone

The best one from all this clown fiesta.
Has flaws and perspectives. It will be interesting to watch him overcoming his flaws and becoming gr8 sith idk. Actually it's so hard to talk about TFA characters, cause they are all completely bland and retarded.
I know one thing for sure. What are we going to see in reys character? How she becomes even MORE stronger? She will become the starkiller base in flesh? Looking forward to ep. 8!

I'm guessing his story line is now cucked after Carrie.

The only time he did anything at all in TFA where he didn't first take off his mask was at the very beginning when he killed the old guy

> hard to believe someone would go through all the brainwashing and training of a stormtrooper and then have second thought about it and pussy out in his first mission

It actually the first real moment when you can have a second thought.

>husbando

A gay guy defending a gay character.

Appropriate.

>his parents were the most attractive and sexually appealing to many fans in their young days
>you got all the bad genes and end up being ugly

This is an insult desu

And when he speaks with his subordinates
And even he approches his father
And chasing Rey in the forest

And you have all his time screen

My point is that he shouldn't have any second thought at all because he's been brainwashed into a mindless killing machine. His brain should be capable of only one thought and that is following orders and killing what your boss tells you to kill

what if I told you... I'm actually a girl, user?

After taking off the mask he also talks to Snoke and Hux.

It's especially weird that he lets Hux see him without the mask. It undermines his authority over him. It's like the relationship between Tarkin & Vader. Very unclear who's in charge.

And this is exactly why his character is special and "worth" to be show.
He is a failed stormtrooper, something that it shouldn't exist. He kept his emotions even after all his training.

I mean, his character shouldn't be this hard to get.

Do you know what 12 year olds look like?

>It's like the relationship between Tarkin & Vader. Very unclear who's in charge.

Kylo isn't a part of the official chain of command and is more of an enforcer on the behalf of Snoke. The role is purposely given to him to mimic Vader and it's a role that is in constant conflict with Hux as they're both trying to gain the favor of Snoke.

hux has seen kylo ren without his mask and his clothes plenty of times before.

It actually shows how him and Hux have the same level of authority and they are both subordinate to Snoke, in the same way it was for Vader and Tarkin with the Emperor.

>Your daddy gave you good advice.

You'd think he would have tried to escape way before getting to the point where he's on an actual mission and told to fire on innocent civilians

Of course it's unlikely he would have had an opportunity as good as when Poe was captured, but still

Kylo Ren was easily by far the best part of the movie, in fact I only watch "All Kylo Ren + First Order Scenes" on youtube when I "watch" Episode 7. It makes it bearable and even kind of enjoyable.

It's still bullshit he lost the last fight. It's pretty obvious the character is built literally to degrade and infantalize white men, that he manages to be the best part regardless is hilarious.

It's complete bullshit that he lost at the end, but he only lost because that's what the jew writers say. The universe of Star Wars is bigger than the current jews who own the copyright, they don't get to invalidate the EU. So my headcannon is that he win at the end, beats Rey, but the planet cracks. His "Loss" is that Rey managed to slice up his face once. After that he lost his shit and was destroying her before the planet broke apart. Makes infinitely more sense and works far better.

they could attack them before they build a massive superweapon

> First mission
> Told to fire on innocent civilians
> Thanks to Poe you have the best chance you ever had to run away

Why are we still talking that Finn makes no sense?
His character makes completely sense, just stop hating this movie just cause hurr durr muh original trilogy

the only reason he lost, in my opinion, is that he was literally wounded with a weapon which would've easily killed another man. the movie tried to emphasize on this as well.

>just stop hating this movie just cause hurr durr muh original trilogy
Nigger why are you even bringing that up when I said absolutely nothing about the original trilogy and didn't even state my opinion on TFA

He destroys Finn absolutely no problem though

He force pushed Rey like she was a little bitch

It made no sense for him to suddenly be overpowered by this tiny girl in melee combat

> It's pretty obvious the character is built literally to degrade and infantalize white men

Don't rate Poe Dameron as white man
So Portugal, Spain, Italy, Greece, Croatia, France aren't white

Americans really mistake "white" with "anglo/saxon heritage"

Even if you count Poe as white, and I see him as more of a spic of some kind, he's an implied faggot and his character is shit. He's still an insult against whites.

Well I mean

We're supposed to believe that a weapon that explodes armored stormtroopers into dust only inflicted a moderately severe flesh wound to Ren, so why not also believe Rey is somehow stronger than him

rey is force sensitive, finn isn't

Cause it's the only reason I can find of why I have to explain to you the basic character of Finn

Of course they could but the New Republic only saw them as a minor threat, a remnant and the Resistance had no idea it had so many resources that it could build a weapon into a planet stronger than two Death Stars put together.

he lost because

1) he was shot by chewie and severely injured
2) he just killed his father and was emotionally unhinged as a result
3) he just fought finn and, although he won, he did get hit during the fight, injuring him further
4) he wasn't trying to simply kill rey, he was trying to hold her off and seduce her to the dark side

even then, he only barely loses