Lil B

How the Fuck do people actually like lil B? Am I missing something entirely? He sounds like a fucking joke. What am I missing? If there's anyone who actually listens to him, please explain the appeal.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qqSPNtBP_Lw
youtube.com/watch?v=e2pjxHTl2kk
youtube.com/watch?v=UXhQDb2bQBc
youtube.com/watch?v=lPDQJWU8KKU
youtube.com/watch?v=Dwf25yZoaA0
youtube.com/watch?v=bVTnsj0I-Eg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

memechildren will like anything if it's spammed enough

>How the Fuck do people actually like lil B?
I'm fairly convinced the hype around him is a giant joke I'm not in on. And if it's not irony, then his fanbase is one of the worst in modern hip hop.

is lil b still "big"? he basically revolutionized rap but i didnt know people will still followed him

>doesn't rap on beat
>sounds like shit
>instrumentals sound like they were made on Mario paint

People legitimately like him. So what the Fuck am I missing

You have to have good taste to enjoy lil b, frankly.

They are fucking with you. He's the Jake Paul of rap music.

youtube.com/watch?v=qqSPNtBP_Lw

okay I'll do my best to explain it.

He's fucking with people like you. People that take music and especially hip hop too seriously. He uses a stream of consciousness technique for his "based freestyles", where he just records whatever comes out of his mouth after he comes up with a hook. His music is a conduit for his philosophy, which is basically new agey hippy dip for the modern age. He promotes positivity, self love, and harmony with nature. His persona is just as important as his music.

Long story short he's just having fun. His fans have fun listening to him. And people that dislike him gain nothing.
he still has his fans on twitter and he's really active there

maybe you just haven't heard the good stuff
he doesn't only make cookin tracks

I mostly like his emotional stuff. Even tho the style is tongue you can hear form his voice that its really comin from the heart (he has really perfected his delivery) and he manages to be really touching even tho some of the lines are goofy as fuck...

I mean I really cry to this shit
youtube.com/watch?v=e2pjxHTl2kk
youtube.com/watch?v=UXhQDb2bQBc
youtube.com/watch?v=lPDQJWU8KKU
youtube.com/watch?v=Dwf25yZoaA0
youtube.com/watch?v=bVTnsj0I-Eg

It's definitely partly because of his status as an icon but there really isn't any alternative to Lil B as an artist that I could listen to and feel the same way I do when listening to Lil b.

thanks

Muh memes. That's why.

I am pretty sure the majority of his music is tongue in cheek. People think it's funny but they overplay the joke.

this is true but no way is it just about havin fun
shits truly emotional

Great deconstruction of hip hop. Absurd lyrics and music videos that go so well together

So essentially it's purposely bad because that was the intention?

It's beyond good/bad dichotmy. I look at it like a great form of expresion and vision since it really influenced the hip hop scene.

oh not at all, I definitely didn't mean to imply that. But those are both sides to Lil B. He's like a hindu god - multiple faces and sounds for different aspects of his personality.

no. it's purposefully based

I'd say overall he's just a very likable figure. His twitter got him a lot of fans.

black ken is legitimately pretty good

It's not purposefully bad. It's purposefully strange and odd because it's supposed to be a deconstruction of hip-hop. Of course, the longer the Lil B project has gone on, the more surreal and weird it gets. Early stuff is him just taking stupid slang, tinny repetitive beats and weird boasts to the Nth degree. Last couple of years he's kinda lost his mind. He's just a really interesting figure and some of his songs are hilarious. Plus he's been a really big unseen influence on the direction of hip-hop.