/gg/ - Guitar and Bass General

Sisterly love edition.

Previously on /gg/: How do I start learning guitar?
>justinguitar.com
Suggested Practice Routine:
>i.imgur.com/yfgsTaq.png
Guitar chords and inversions
>chordbook.com/guitar-chords/
String tension calculator (D'Addario-based):
>stringtensionpro.com/
Music theory:
>musictheory.net/lessons
Hal Leonard's Bass Method:
>mediafire.com/file/sayviwqxfcxfjon/
Steve Vai's Ten Hour Workout
>mediafire.com/download/kzw6kjuocgicwks/Ten_Hour.pdf
Guthrie Govan's Creative Guitar 1 & 2
>mediafire.com/download/bn8803xzlrbds3b/Guitar1.rar
>mediafire.com/download/9uhtufuf3z9cx8m/Guitar2.rar
Advancing Guitarist - Mick Goodrick
>mediafire.com/download/cvfno10fv4lf4a8
Chord Chemistry - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/61n5op7eiifxztg
Mickey Baker's Jazz Guitar
>mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22
Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb
Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8rT5Qagf2D4
youtu.be/XFDDjXfAD5Q?t=147
youtube.com/watch?v=k3Xst2Wqrgk
soundcloud.com/samuelcfaria/jammin
youtube.com/watch?v=Dys0Uz7pGNI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First time coming into these threads, and is this just basically "snobby rich fags brag and roast people who don't spend over 500 on a guitar"?

youtube.com/watch?v=8rT5Qagf2D4

Ui is underrated as fuck.

Man $500 is such a low price point for an instrument mate. You can't really call yourself a musician if you don't think your craft is worth more than an entry level instrument. Can you imagine violinists or pianists convincing themselves they sound good on $500 chinese pieces of shit?

>First time coming into these threads
these threads are dominated by fender
...and a real squier shill from india republic of congo.

(You)

Plenty of ACTUALLY indie working artists work with just that. Last concert I've seen was a national wide indie artist and he had like an Epiphone Dot trough a Roland Jazz Chorus.
I've seen so many squiers on sizeable venues.
The normie public doesn't give a shit. It's all in the songwriting

doesn't really answer my question but okay

Epiphone Dots are actually good though

you have such a fragile ego

i have the best guitar collection here and i never roast people for buying shit guitars. i say buy what you can, better to have something to play than nothing.

first for azucat

Weren't sure if trolling or not.
If not, I don't, but I do try to stop noobs from making bad mistakes. And if that means roasting someone to save them, I'm not above it.

Indie Rock Musicians aren't really musicians though, they're more like fashion models that happen to hold instruments. If you're a serious craftsmen that intends to make music that will be heard centuries from now the least you can do is invest some money into your instrument.

lol

I know you guys hate squier and cheap shit but are their deluxe starts good? i like the daphine blue color.

fuck
deluxe strats*

>good quality
>cheap
>sounds good
>plays alright
I approve them.

Has anyone ever tried Seymour Duncan Custom Shop pickups? I can get a good deal on one.

get that snake oil
will help out that grial tone

if you're on a budget squire/epiphone work fine. they don't feel as great, they don't sound quite as nice, but they play perfectly fine. a low-end fender is going to cost you 500-1000, a higher end 1500-2000. shit gets expensive fast and difficult to justify the money.

that being said if you are a richfag, get a higher end. they feel so amazing and have so many modern improvements. sometimes it's the little things that count.

but you really can't go wrong either way.

Have you ever tried the Korean Kent Armstrong pickups? They sound like total shit man, anything is an upgrade from those.

Why not a used mim?

Fender Clasic Series 50's comes in Daphne and you should be able to find one used for about the same price or just a bit more. Squires are hit and miss, you need to check them out and make sure it's not a lemon.

mim?

Made in Mexico

This, check used guitars on ebay. You can probably snag something pretty decent for a fraction of the cost

share your dream guitar (unless you already own it, which in that case, post it here too)

pic related

First time in thread with no posts and he jumps to erroneous conclusions.

I check the last 2 threads before this.

When all you're playing is basic open chords the instrument you play doesn't really matter. This is why indie "guitarists" can get away with using cheap shit. The music I make will be heard hundreds of years from now in the outer space colonies. I couldn't achieve that if I played an uninspiring mass produced piece of shit.

genuinely interested, post some samples

>he fell for the "space is real" meme

I'm kind of a big deal, my reputation would be ruined if anyone knew I posted here. That's besides the point though, I'm just saying $500 isn't a lot of money for the object that's supposed to inspire you to create great art.

Long tremolo passages are fun to play. Surf or MellowDeath. (Actually, ClassiMenco too but a man can only have so many masters.)

You mom gay.

2:27

youtu.be/XFDDjXfAD5Q?t=147

What are the most essential pedals? (Apart from tuners)

My best work was written and recorded on a guitar I picked up from a garage sale for $20. That said, I'm also saving up for a made in germany model B.

Will playing a gibson turn me gay? I've noticed most gibson players are complete homos.

nice trips, but your mom won't get man because you post here. She's already disappointed.

Overdrive, compression, and delay/reverb unit. Everything else is a meme.

I'd add eq perhaps but this is totally on point

5/10 made me reply

>tfw no gang of jews to start a band with

youtube.com/watch?v=k3Xst2Wqrgk

>white Tele

Literally the worst color. Might aswell dye your hair green

lol why not
post your dream guitar

>posting a shirtless homo to prove me wrong

Real good critical thinking pal.

Really good, I don't mind the clicking.

then you're already gay

It literally came to me in a dream

no but promoting squier on a nomad emirates forum does.

the Dorito pope is proud of you.

i like that bridge
soundcloud.com/samuelcfaria/jammin

Dorito Dream

>no green triange on the headstock
>no black pups
You tried.

what's the guitar equivalent of a glock

Where do you live that Doritos are green?

I just created what I saw in the dream

That’s because Stellas are actually awesome.
For a budget guitar, they are quite inspiring.

Chicken and egg problem, really.
Faggots know their own and attract each other.

Who makes that? I've been looking for something like that (Les Paul alternative with bigger body and what looks like a 25.5 neck)

He makes great guitars but good luck getting one.

youtube.com/watch?v=Dys0Uz7pGNI

Dommenget

>Where do you live that Doritos are green?
in my dreams

Dommenget is a German luthier. $$$$$

Cool thanks, I figured they would be expensive..

probably a rick toone´s

nice nice nice nice

>when people spend thousands of dollars on 2 pieces of wood glued together
It's all an elaborate practical joke, right? None of you guys actually play on WOOD, do you?

I get that not everyone can afford something basic like a titanium instrument, but you at least have a graphite or carbon fiber instrument, surely?

kill yourself

in what way

does my Ovation count?

I hate this hideous piece of shit.

Explain why you have the instrumental equivalent of playing football with a sheep's stomach first.

Don't open chords make guitar quality matter more? That's the full sound of the instrument

very wild and good for headbanging. I like the imperfections, but I'm sure you didn't mean to stumble on the wrong notes

>Doritos are green
its the dorito pope in reverse see the dorito pope promotes doritos and mountain dew.

this way you avoid a lawsuit

explain why you need to spend thousands of dollars to play the pentatonic scale through a line 6 over and over

>very wild and good for headbanging
cool, didnt think that was possible
i didnt hit wrong notes tho, did miss a few, but no wrong frets

>
>I hate this hideous piece of shit.
Count me in this camp.
It looks like a xylophone took a dump and this is what came out.

I thought you like progressive metal, where is the progressive metal?

The problem there is more that guitar designs and companies have utterly stagnated, which means that there isn't anyone in china making a knockoff guitar out of pot metal.

I can understand your perception, but you've been fooled by ever lowering prices of absolute crap. 50 years ago, a guitar would have cost you a month's wages, now it costs you a day's. If you extrapolate out for inflation, paying a few thousand for a guitar is actually just normal.

I wouldn't pay 100 dollars today for a 50 year old appliance, and I don't know why anyone would pay 100 dollars today for a 50 year old design.

Oops

Yet you still use wheels.

lol

>That's the full sound of the instrument
It's the difference between a fret wire and the nut.

i can see the other dudes lawnyard over that fingerprinted riddled gloss finish.

>6k for that thing

It's pretty neat. There's no way it's worth anywhere near that much though.

take that pickguard plastic off

>riddled
overridden*

How are mij strats from the 90s?

Fantastic. Any MIJ/CIJ Fender is fantastic

Depends on the model. Honestly MIJ strats that aren't reissues or similarly high end are pretty shitty. They made some shit tier low end guitars so you have to be careful.