Why don't bands destroy their instruments anymore?

why don't bands destroy their instruments anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g9zogQOmQVM&ab_channel=xClandestinex
youtube.com/watch?v=f3zRegfwEkg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

they broke

They are almost all dirt poor because everyone torrents their music and they have to record on borrowed instruments that they can't afford to break

they still do

coz its gay

it is irresponsible

/thread

its cliche and retarded

It's kind of become a cliche thing to do. So many people did it that it just got old. That and instruments are expensive as hell and most bands don't have the money to buy new ones.

wtf is this post? what are you guys even talking abt like torrenting MUSIC LOL nobody even torrents music anymore. dumb mother fucker.

It's not cool anymore, it just seems cliche, irresponsible and dumb. Plus they're all broke.

mottainai

Anyone who listens to bands that aren't over 30 years old probably torrents music. Or they use streaming sites that pay musicians jack shit. Music made with instruments isn't popular and it's impossible to make enough money to buy a guitar to destroy for every concert you play. That's like $500 a concert in addition to all the other shit you have to buy or rent just to play live.

Nobody uses the BitTorrent file transfer protocol to download music anymore. There's not a problem with torrenting music. Idiot.

Then where do they get it?

A torrent is a massive download you get for free on the internet. Notice how sharethreads always get like 300+ replies before dying. Artists make 0 money off that.

Too dumb to infer that torrenting means pirating in this context?

Completely wrong, fuckass.
>HURRR WORD MEANS SOMETHING ELSE WHEN I SAY SO DUR DUR DUR

>i'd rather get hung up on your terminology rather than address the point you were actually making
insufferable brainlet

Do you have autism or something?

>has no idea what the fuck he's talking about
>giving his professional opinion on digital rights media
Blow your fucking brains out, for the love of God.
>deflecting

It's okay to pirate if you can't afford your chicken tendies otherwise user, just don't take it out on others ok? :*

ok, daddy ^_^

The artists would make 0 money without the sharethread and less people would be listening to their music.

I () am not the guy you're replying to, friend. Consider the fact that on an anonymous forum, you could be having an argument with 6 different people without realising.
Whether the guy is wrong or not, it doesn't change the fact that you'd rather be an intellectually dishonest brainlet and address the delivery of his argument rather than its content.
I recommend you purchase the following items:
>rope
>barstool

Yep that’s some primo autism

>
Buddy, I think you're the one with autism.

how so?

ironic that you post this because paul simonon came out after this album photo was taken and said he regretted smashing that bass as he was quite fond of it

mine cost me £1000, why would I want to smash it?

i just destroy snapbacks or scarfs after a gig

ok then downloads zippy and mega files you fucking knobhead

pirates. is that what you wanted? not torrent, pirate. quit getting caught up on semantics you shitstain.

>

youtube.com/watch?v=g9zogQOmQVM&ab_channel=xClandestinex
It's lame now.

>Implying I or anyone wants to spend 100-300 dollars after every show

>$100

What do you play, Firstact?

yep. this faggot ruined it.

>Mike Dirt just like "hurr I guess I'll smash mine too
>Tray in the background just awkwardly getting up to saunter off like a faggot
Cool band.

dunno about everyone else, but i get everything off soulseek these days

But how much money do artists make from Slsk downloads? That's the point of the argument

>Why Millennial Musicians Aren't Breaking Their Instruments Anymore, Thus Ruining The Musical Instruments Industry?

>(And That's a Good Thing)

I saw a blank banshee show in oakland last year and he almost destroyed his drum machine.probably as close as you'll get these days

How the fuck do you bleed from using a fucking mixer?

not really sure. dude kinda goes hard

kek

Asking a poor band to break their expensive equipment is stupid, and it would strike everyone as stupid for them to screw themselves like that.

A major band destroying their equipment would be contrived, and it would look stupid, the same way as watching spoiled rich kids break their stuff. It's obnoxious.

It was excusable when Pete Townshend did, because he was an art fag who had all these ideas about destructive art. When he did it, it was loaded with pretension, and people got that it was something conceptual. When Jimi Hendrix did it, it was also acceptable, because he was Jimi fucking Hendrix and he could do what he wanted with guitars. But nowadays it would just look stupid.

it's a drum pad and you don't the guy must have used a razorblade on his face like a wwe wrestler

But they do

youtube.com/watch?v=f3zRegfwEkg

Pete did it because he didn't want to play encores.

Boomer wastefulness
We are enlightened now

Correct

I'm surprised you're even literate with that comprehension.
100-300, not 100.

>milennials
>enlightened
No.

How would that ruin the industry? Don't they have to buy a new one every time they break one?

Musicians aren't rich anymore. Only big name pop stars can make real livings off of music anymore, so these lesser people can't afford to break stuff.

The internet and downloading and torrenting single handedly destroyed the music industry for all the very biggest names.

>$500
>for a guitar

Nigga, that's kiddie-tier, playing in your mom's basement kinda stuff. An actual professional musician's guitar is probably $1000-$3000 typically.

Fender shills pls go

Too dangerous for today's mainstream.

I own a 2,000 dollar Japanese made Ibanez and a 1,000 dollar made in USA Fender.
What do you play?

Gross

>1,000 Fender
Shit, that almost counts as an admission. How much is Fender paying you?

God, I wish someone would pay me.

It's actually an American Special Telecaster, and I almost never play it. It leaves its case maybe once a month.

I say again, fender shills pls go

are millennials such weak pussies that pressing buttons is a challenge for them?

Get a load of this guy