Last night's maus show

anyone else go to the john maus show last night in sf? there was this bald faggot wearing a swans tshirt that kept talking about post rock and i really want to fight him online rn

also cheers to all wearing bombstrap tees love u guys

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z0LR3cjLTeo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

come to sweden maus

i would wear my bombstrap hoodie to a maus show if i only had the chance :(

Hoping like hell there's a new video or merch drop from Bombstrap soon.

Tell us all about Maus' show last night, this board is so boring even he is interesting.

I was there last night, it was really fun for the most part. I was up front, saw the bald guy with the Swans shirt he seemed pretty nice desu.

Holy Shit was so drunk. They were so fucking wasted. The drummer and bassist got off time a million times and the singer was totally hammered he dropped the fucking omnicord. Still pretty enjoyable even with all the problems so I can tell they're basically a good band, just a rough night.

John and the band were tight, very good performances and a top tier setlist. Loved John's regular enthusiasm and energy. I threw my beanie at him because it was too hot and cramped on the dance floor lol

matt fishbeck (holy shit singer) came up to me after the show and showed me a 57 minute long slow motion video of my girlfriend and i during maus' set it was really strange, their robert rental cover was so good too

also right after maus finished some drunk girl asked me to grab the beanie for her, she smelled it, and threw it back onto the stage so i dont know what that means

also heres a pic of the boys and i w maus

>smelled it
Hilarious, was it black? Because that would have been mine.

Also nice pic of John great space glasses. Would have been cool to meet him but I didn't want to wait around for too long and I was pretty tired from dancing.

yeah it was that beanie haha
this same chick harrassed john's keyboardist for like 30 mins after the show

He's playing in LA on Tuesday, should I go?

Man I guess she didn't like the smell of my sweat. Not a big deal because I literally have an identical beanie so nothing was really lost.

I can't stand people like that who badger musicians after shows, it's just not cool. I'm just so not into that anymore, if I ever was, I've spoken to everyone from NMH, Tim Kinsella, Phil Elverum, some of my favorite musicians and it's completely killed any drive I have for attempting to get in musicians faces and talk their ears off like a little fanboy.

what's the connection with bombstrap?
i really like them both i just dont know the story

yes
maus was on World Peace
ive met pete sagar, mac demarco, ariel pink, and now maus, i try to just treat them as like normal people and i think they appreciate that its always a surreal feeling though

how tall is maus?

probably like 6'3-4, he was hunched over a bit though

>i try to just treat them as like normal people and i think they appreciate that its always a surreal feeling though
Yeah definitely, the idea that to you they aren't exactly a stranger you've seen their faces plenty of times heard some of their voices plenty, but to them you're a total stranger. It's odd but mostly fun.

not gonna lie it felt pretty surreal seeing maus walk out though hes in my top 3 up there with mothersbaugh and hosono

Thank you for this Maus and meeting musicians thread, it was nice.

nice digits

is that what deadmaus looks without his mask?

im seeing him next saturday, pretty excited
what was his setlist like? I'm assuming he'll play a lot of the stuff from screen memories

>any time John, a marxist, is mentioned now it's side by side alt right comedian Charls Carroll

you guys are seriously fucking spineless retards you know that? Because Charles likes Maus all of you flock to him.

please, please fuck off. we really dont need this shit. if you're not actually going to talk about him or his live shows please don't post. we dont need to hear about your politics or what you think his are.

where to cop the devo t shirt

shut up idiot charls is hardly even political and maus is a genius, dont ruin this thread

nightchannels

I've listened to a few of is songs and was at one of his shows, while I can't say I had a bad time it wasn't memorable either, what am I missing?

>nightchannels
whoa, so many cool shirts and bands. thanks, user, i am probably gonna spend a couple of bucks now

he actually only played maybe 2 songs off of it, I remember Touchdown and Your Pets Are Gonna Die, which was an excellent closer, and Believer was a top notch encore very ecstatic moment of the night

John likes to play songs from every album usually it's great

thats good to hear, what's his stage banter like? is he straight to the point with the songs or is there any downtime

Anybody gonna see him in DC?

he never says a single thing to the audience and only pauses to adjust his vocal effect settings in between songs

God I'm so jealous you got to meet him. At the show I went to, I'm pretty sure he didn't come out to say hi to fans or anything

In Seattle the setlist was

Castles in the grave
Rights for gays
And the rain
Combine
Streetlight
Maniac
Touchdown
Crucifix
Quantum leap
Pure rockets
Time to die
Do your best
Bennington
Cop killer
Pets
(Encore)
Believer

And for some reason, Holy Shit played Bombs Away

wow thats a great set, thanks

Saw Maus in Denver last week and his show was so tight. No a single song was a waste. I was a fan but now im a lifelong fan. I wore my MDE/sesh collab crewneck and he liked it.

I was at that show too. Super high energy. Did John talk to the crowd after? I didn't stick around.

>there was this bald faggot wearing a swans tshirt
Why the homophobia?

Saying faggot has nothing to do with being gay, faggot.

>Saying faggot has nothing to do with being gay, faggot.
"Faggot" is a homophobic slur.

Too bad bitch, it's been appropriated for other uses now.

humble quads from niceposter

you're just an arsehole, it's not all about politics and shit eating

>saying faggot has nothing to do with being gay when said on Sup Forums

FTFY

this is the internet faggot, even faggots call people faggots

Shut the fuck up you gay faggot.

what did i mean by this?

What’s bombstrap? You guys got me curious

it's an homegrown domestic terrorist unit. don't worry about it.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z0LR3cjLTeo
it's strange

eric looks like he's on opiates or something just look at his pupils they're just pins

I've seen exactly one show where he closes the night by saying "I think this is going to be my last one" that's it. He's just so overwhelmed up there he can't say anything. Keeps his energy high for the songs.
I think this was the exact set for last night's show if I'm not mistaken. Great set though so I'm not complaining.

>matt fishbeck (holy shit singer) came up to me after the show and showed me a 57 minute long slow motion video of my girlfriend and i
lol wut

thanks doc

it was so weird hah i was kneeling down while john signed my poster and he comes over totally smashed, pulls out his phone and shows me this vodeo he took zoomed in on us and then he asked my name shook my hand and walked away