Now that the dust has settled, was this show really all that great...

Now that the dust has settled, was this show really all that great? I'm watching the AMC marathon and it just seems like a cringey soap opera tbqh.

As a Canadian there is one important factor, and that is we screen for cancer far less often because there is no profit motive to do so. In the USA you get cancer screenings left and right if you have coverage for them because it's an easy way for a doctor or healthcare facility to bilk money off of your insurance provider. Since early-stage cancers usually have no symptoms this is pretty good for catching them, and therefore treating them.

Walter White would have found out he had lung cancer but it likely would have been at a later point in the progression, he would have gotten treatment slower, and would probably have died by season 2, maybe 3.

>Canadian breaking bad
>he loses his job to a chong
>kills himself
>the end
>

It's iconic for it's thorough depictions of a bunch of people trying to cling to what little power, legacy and control that they possess. It's a near-perfect modern tragedy with landmark character development in the realm of television.

It's actually great TV for a network like AMC. A lot of people go around comparing it to The Sopranos or the Wire but this had a different goal in mind. It's not fully realistic, it's stylized to a point and actually does what it's setting out to do, showing how the method business is toxic on either side, we all know users hurt themselves and everyone around, but it also consumes the manufacturer and hurts everyone who even comes close to him.

That said the nazis were tacked on bullshit, Gus was a great villain with understandable motivation and great build up, the nazis were boring shit

Meth* business

N O · M O R E · H A L F · M E A S U R E S · B E T T E R · C A L L · S A U L · W I P E · D O W N · T H I S · S T A Y · O U T · O F · M Y · T E R R I T O R Y · I · A M · T H E · D A N G E R · I · A M · T H E · O N E · W H O · K N O C K S · Y E A H · B I T C H · Y E A H · S C I E N C E · I · A M · I N · T H E · E M P I R E · B U S I N E S S · S A Y · M Y · N A M E · B O O Y A ! · H A V E · A N · A 1 · D A Y · J E S S E ! · A · C R I P P L E D · L I T T L E · R A T A · I · W O N · L E T · U S · C O O K · M I S T E R · W H I T E · I · W A T C H E D · J A N E · D I E · R E S T R A I N · T H I S · W A N T · T O · C O O K ? · T H E Y · A R E · M I N E R A L S · M A R I E · N O T H I N G · S T O P S · T H I S · T R A I N · D O · I · L O O K · L I K E · A · S K A T E R ? · W H E R E · I S · B R E A K F A S T ? · I · F U C K E D · T E D · F R A N C H · C O W H O U S E · W E · A R E · D O N E · W H E N · I · S A Y · T H A T · W E · A R E · D O N E

Walt had health insurance. He paid extra for premium health coverage not paid by insurance and that would not have been covered in Canada.

He could've just taken the position at Gray Matter you dumb shit.

He could have gotten treatment covered by his insurance but he wanted the best and that wasn't covered so he turned into a badass kingpin to fund it.

>Thank God i found this show

He also wanted his family to be set for life.

the nazis where suppose to symbolize the chaos of of life imo. Like you can work hard to dethrone someone and get fucked right over by the next guy.

Like Tuco.

it wasn't about health insurance

he didn't even want to get treatment

it was about leaving money behind for his family when he was dead

Truly this

This, if it was just about the treatment he would have accepted the rich friends' money but it was more about him wanting to provide for his family after he dies.

Did anyone actually watch the show? He started cooking meth to leave money to his family when he died, not to pay for cancer treatment. In fact he had to be persuaded to get treatment at all.

Am I the only person here who really likes this show? Season 1 was gold, and I don't pay attention to actors "political opinions." Season 3 was okay, and it's possible the jokes will wear thin, but the writing, casting, and satire is spot on at least 80% of the time.

I hate that the show tried to make me care about his family when everyone was an unlikable asshole. Even early Marie was a cunt who just wanted to one up her sister.

If it's 'canadian' or any other european country it will be called 'breaking cuck'

>Canadian health insurance
>treatment gets paid by health insurance
>waits
>waits
>meth
>waits
>dies
>the end

Or Walter would have waited so long for treatment the cancer would have killed him

T.trump supporter claiming free health care doesn't work

A big problem with Breaking Bad was how the writers seemed to want the viewers to simultaneously HATE Walter and root for him because everyone in his family was a huge piece of shit