Best Death Grips album?

at the moment

undisputed

all of them

Niggas on the Moon/Powers That B

The Money Store

my fav is TPTB...but in all honesty, how the fuck does everybody have such varying opinins about each album? Most of their songs are 3- 5 min, have hooks, are agressive, have abstract lyrics...like I get personal preference, but tell me why some of you for example, completely shit on BP and TMS and call exmilitary the pinnacle of music? How can people opions on albums that aren't even that different(GP is the exception, and BARELY)?!?!??

(put this at the end of the paragraph)*vary so much!!?!??

What did they do new on this album that they haven't already done before? Nothing.

Its just catchier
I think about spikes three bedrooms in a good neighborhood and eh
alot

Wrong. They did a whole lot of shit here. Punk x electronic fusion. Not even it. Don't discredit BP you fucking mongoloid.

Objectively.

Always hard for me to pick a favourite with them, the only thing I feel like I can now confirm after this many years of listening is that NLDW is their weakest release.

They kinda already did that with Jenny Death lol

I like both

best: gp
worst: bp

I'd say Fashion Week is their weakest

The penis album. God-tier. They tried so much shit on NLDW it will always be regarded as their best and most versatile album beside BP.

Best: NOTM
Worst: Jenny Death

Wasn’t counting any instrumental albums but yeah I’d say they’d be at the bottom, as much as I do still enjoy them.

No Love Deep Web is their best.

Fuck no. Exmilitary argues with itself. Songs don't sound like they belong with each other. Listen to Klink, then listen to Blood Creepin'. There is no resemblance. They should not be on the same album.

No. No. No. Too screechy. Not as bad as GP in terms of this, but still pretty fucking bad.

NotM is good. JD is not.

TMS is overrated. I'd say second best.

>Too screechy
I don't agree with this at all. But I understand where your opinion stems from, as BP is very noisy compared to their other albums.

>songs need to sound the same to be on the same album
What kind of trash opinion is this?

The Downward Spiral

>Exmilitary argues with itself.
An album doesn’t have to be completely cohesive to be better. Blood Creepin’ does not come directly after Klink. You can explore different aesthetics within the same album and it doesn’t mean it’s any worse artistically.

I didn't say that. NLDW is all over the place, yet it stays in the same general area. Exmilitary does not. Exmilitary sounds like a bunch of unrelated sounds sewn together. Exmilitary is fucking Death Grips Frankenstein.

It doesn't. But they are on the same album. They don't belong on the same album.

Yes it is. I do not like noisy albums. It is unnecessary noise.

THEY NEED TO SOUND LIKE THEY BELONG TOGETHER YOU FUCKING MORON. YOU CAN'T JUST TAKE ANY TWO SONGS AND PUT THEM ON THE SAME ALBUM. THERE IS A REASON ALBUMS EXIST. DIFFERENT AESTHETICS.
BRAND YOURSELF LIKE A COW.

>But they are on the same album. They don't belong on the same album.
That’s your opinion, and a shit one at that.

if interview 2016 and steroids were somehow conceived as one project it would be their best album

Fucking retarded. It is just my opinion, but it is fact that they are not cohesive together. An album should only consist of songs that fit together.

It’s a mixtape you fucking moron. There is literally no reason for it be cohesive other than to appeal to autists with terrible, uneducated opinions such as yourself.

This. I am expecting their new album to be flavored similarly. I really like the stuttering percussion and the compelling electronic sounds. Interview 2016 was amazing, and Steroids is Interview + Ride + Gabber. 10/10.

Well it depends on the artist and album. If it’s not a concept album, most albums are usually just a set of songs written during a set period of time. Correct me if Im wrong Im big dumb idiot

I'm sure you're very intelligent.
It's more the opposite. Albums that don't have a specific sound or concept are called compilation albums. You have to specify.

Can someone explain the Jenny Death hate to me? It's probably my favorite thing they've ever done but whenever I see people talking about it it's usually overwhelmingly negative

I honestly have no idea because it’s easily one of their best.

So the two types of albums are concept and compilation? There is no intersection or union of these? Surely if that’s the case than compilation albums are more common, correct? Sorry me big dumm foo foo face

Nah. It's not exactly black and white. There's intersect and shit. I'm just being general.

Bottomless Pit

Death Grips EP is an EP that they threw together very quickly and it is very coherent. What is your point. Full Moon was thrown together in a day, and is more coherent than Exmilitary in it's entirety.

My point, for about the third time, is that it doesn’t need to be a singular, cohesive concept to be good. A mixtape is many times not going to be that way at all. They burst onto the scene and wanted to show everyone what they could do, doesn’t hurt the quality of the project whatsoever in this case.

YES IT DOES, YOU FUCKING MORON. THEY COULD'VE SPLIT THE WHOLE THING UP INTO 3 COHESIVE EPs AND IT WOULD'VE MADE THEIR DISCOGRAPHY BETTER.

Fuckin contrarian. Get some taste faggot.

That’s the stupidest shit I’ve heard in a while. You don’t even understand what a mixtape is supposed to be, please stop posting and consider banging yourself tonight.

***hanging

NO. THEIR DISCOGRAPHY WOULD'VE BEEN BETTER IF IT WOULD'VE BEEN 3 COHESIVE EPs, YET THEY DECIDED TO RELEASE A SHITTY-ASS MIXTAPE. MIXTAPES ARE NEVER GOOD FOR THIS REASON. FUCK YOU. (Jokes on you, I fuck my own ass every night, so I will bang myself. Good job spelling "hang".)

How am I contrarian you p l e b e i a n.

Death Grips is garbage! The new CALassic is the best album of all time.

>ExM
>SHITTY-ASS
Why are you even here?

notm/powers that b

not all original albums are concept albums. compilations usually consist of hits, artist selections or unreleased/b-sides.

nigga exmil is a mixtape. It doesn't have to be concise.

Jenny Death is my favorite too. you need to realize there's 2 camps. one loves the abstract experimental albums more, ie. NOTM, Steroids, GP. the other prefers more lyrical albums like JC, ExM, NLDW. not everyone falls into these camps obviously but a lot do. JD is bashed on here way too much as NOTM is praised endlessly.

That's why it was released as a mixtape you fucking aspie

all DG is trash

Best: Norm
Runner up: Exmilitary

If you're so mad about it, just split it up into 3 EPs yourself and listen to them all separately.

Yeah, and show us what you come up with that you think would be so much better than the format it’s currently in.

Nothin personnel kid.
***TELEPORTS BHIND UR SHITTY PODCAST***