Take this accent test and see what part of the nation you belong to

Take this accent test and see what part of the nation you belong to.

nytimes.com/interactive/2013/12/20/sunday-review/dialect-quiz-map.html

Your way of speaking strongly reflects and influences your culture, how do you think this affects your political affiliation?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/flaghunters/Extra-Flags-for-Sup
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Gomer Pyle checking in from the other thread.

My accent reflects my culture, which is non-SJW realistic liberals with blue collar Irish immigrant culture dominating.

I had a conversation with another southerner recently about how we pronounce hog, dog, log, frog, fog, etc.

most of us say "fahg" for all of them except dog is "dawg". I feel like a total phony when i say "dahg", whereas hawg sounds like a complete moron.

AZanon here, pretty good test

what is distinctive about arizona? I used to have co-workers in phoenix and they sounded neutral to me.

no fucking clue, the test knows what it is apparently

It's less the accent and more the words you use for different things.

>Your way of speaking strongly reflects and influences your culture, how do you think this affects your political affiliation?

I don't agree with this, in general, except when people from different areas interact sometimes one will think the other sounds unintelligent.

I think Bernie would have done better in the primaries if he had a less-pronounced accent.

It is verifiable fact that the words you use affects the way you think. Your higher order thinking is a semantic network.

>It's less the accent and more the words you use for different things.

I'm surprised it didn't include "pie" for pizza. I can't stand to hear that; to me a pie is a sweet dish.

On the other hand I grew up referring to soft drinks as "cokes", which is pretty retarded.

what did they mean by this?

fugg, am I a cuck?

Looks like Wisconsin and upstate New York best reflect the dialect of whatever part of Britain you're from, I assume England.

>fugg, am I a cuck?

No, but if you ever visit america you will be welcomed in that area, and some other areas will treat you like an invader.

I have a mix of accents, I was born in Russia lived there until 9, moved to Swtizerland for 4 years and now living in UK for about 7/8 years.

Interesting. I love these kinda of linguistic tests

Some of my favorite accents are blends like that. Maybe it's because you have an accent that's practically unique.

I have a vietnamese friend who was born in america to vietnamese immigrants, and she has the strangest accent ever, but she sounds amazing.

Was it accurate?

Pretty accurate. I live about 20 minutes from Santa Ana and a lot of my family is from Michigan.

I was born and raised here in commiefornia, but nobody I converse with believes me when I say that. Most everyone thinks I come from strange parts (areas include the southern states, britain, new zealand, australia).

I just don't geddit.

Help me out my American brothers

As long as you dont call it "pop"...

Seems very accurate.

Michigander

accurate

Really seems like a lot of foreigners are basically just New Yorkers.

>questions 1
>Can't answer because there's no "yousens" option
Fuck sake. I just want to see what kind of yank I would be.

I'm okay with any result as long as it isn't related to the nigger-infested south.

>Maine and Kansas are the same

This doesn't really surprise me.

What the fuck is yousens? Is that your plural you?

Flyover reporting in :^)

I guess Boston aren't as Irish as they thought

is this good?

I'm from Columbus, Ohio. This doesn't surprise me because it's a microcosm of America. I'll say shit like "Y'all wanna pass me a soda?" The way I speak is almost ironic, but I did live in Athens, Ohio for 4 years and Alaska for a summer, now I'm in Chicago.

Yeah.

South Illinois reporting

What does this mean?

> using soda
> not calling it a pop

you brits and your butchered english are pretty fucked up

rate me

Never knew Delaware and Alaska spoke so similarly

>using pop
>not calling it soda

kys

I think it's exclusively a Northern Irish thing, to be fair to the rest of the Brits. We call "gym shoes" guddies, for example.

Midwest user who lived in Massachusetts for a year here

pretty accurate

If you call Soda, pop you might as well secede because we don't want you.

>southern CA
faggot or beaner/10

I know, it's weird.

I also picked up "the devil is beating his wife" a long time ago and still use it. I assume that's a southern thing.

I believe it

>Sorry an error has occurred
Fuck sake.

Am I a true American?

Chicago nigga.

I got pinned for a major urbanite all the same.

You mad you ain't got no culture? Do yourself a favor and get a cray-ahn, paint yourself car-ra-mel/car-mal and move to Chi-town, via your most convenient expressway.

Apparently I'm from Boston.

From the UK, never visited the US in my life.

Is the dark island to the top right...Long Island? I sound like one of those douchbags?

>that one spot in Eastern Pennsylvania

Wat? Because the Amish?

>tfw live in Orlando
>tfw eternal Florarayan
Feels good man. Only problem is that I wasnt even born in the U.S.

Forgot my pic...It was the terror of sounding like i'm from there.

Can you guess where I'm from?

i'm from dallas, kinda surprised how close this was. usually these accent quiz things are awful

i have a very bastardized accent i blame on television.

forgot pic

Represent.

>Be from New Hampshire
>Get mexicommiefornia

congrats here are you new neighbors

Pretty accurate. Amusing that half my answers were "We don't have a word for this."

We learn californian english in France apparently

Boston terminology is actually pretty Anglo derived.

Worcester

Whoa man, far out. Tubular. How do you say coffee, bro?

I know that feel.

No. your region must be relevant on the geopolitical scale.

Shit I live between Seattle and Tacoma..bretty accurate.

Interesting. I am from Argentina, so I don't really know what this means.

Is it bad?

IT'S SODA NOT POP YOU NIGGER!

other part of new york

You speak English like a New England Yankee

either this is just a way to find out where you live, or someone thinks a panther and a mountain lion are the same animal

Its pop, its always been pop.

Pepsi, Coke, Lemonade....all 'Fizzy Pop'

this one has always been spot on for me

my original map had Charlotte instead of the SC-GA border which is more accurate since I'm from Winston

Also AZ user

We should honestly force immigrants to pronounce Worcester properly before they become citizens.

Chicago here. We have no word for it either. I like devil beating his wife, though.

Here's a script/ff addon to add your state and region flags:
github.com/flaghunters/Extra-Flags-for-Sup Forums

Born and raised in New Orleans. People tell me I do have the accent

Californian English is very neutral compared to the rest of the nation, so I'm not surprised

I hope you pronounce it 'Wooster' otherwise you are wrong.

Close

devil is beating his wife

my grandfather used to say it whenever he heard any thunder regardless of situation, but I know that's what the term is meant for

Pennsylvania Deutsch. Amish is a religion.

Where do you live that lemonade is fizzy?

R8

Atlanta here

>y'all, Coke, and doodle bug

I was born in NE Ohio and raised by people from there but I grew up in central Florida. I got the same results when this came out years ago and it pisses people off who get narrowed down because they feel like the generator knows too much or something. Be jelly, predictable fags.

Lemonade is always fizzy...are you taking the piss?

>pronouncing "war-chester" as "wooster"

You should apply for a job on CNN or some other network, since you seem to have an "american" accent, rather than a regional one.

born in new england, live west coast now

Wor chester, Harry.

I'm in MI, pretty accurate, but I want to move to Portland or Seattle.

Londoner here

Test didn't work for me but I got based Michigan when I did it before