So a Corvette PUSHED a Star Destroyer into ANOTHER Star Destroyer and they BOTH crashed through the shield...

So a Corvette PUSHED a Star Destroyer into ANOTHER Star Destroyer and they BOTH crashed through the shield? Did I see that right?

Other urls found in this thread:

sendvid.com/nwv8hh2e
youtube.com/watch?v=4W9pmT6JTO4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Does anyone actually FLY these fucking things?

yes

Somebody explain this to me, dammit.

a Corvette PUSHED a Star Destroyer into ANOTHER Star Destroyer and they BOTH crashed through the shield

If enough force is applied to something in a 0-g environment, then yea, shits gonna move in space, no matter how big it is.

God dammit. Okay then. Thanks.

Agreed, but a Star Destroyer isn't inert. It's a ship, doesn't it have steering? Stabilizers? Something?

Yes I saw that. I dont know why it went down with the ship. I assume there was a scene cut that showed them either stuck, or their reverse engines disabled, or some other crap

maybe the force of the corvettes engines hitting it from that angle were enough to overwhelm it's maneuvering abilities

it got hit with a bunch of bombs like 30 seconds before this. the engines had failed and its orbit was decaying

It was dead in space because they fucked it up

the rebels must have considered the success of the mission to be a greater importance than preserving the corvette

The one that got pushed had all its engines and shit damaged, so it couldn't thrust back.
The question is though.. would the inertia from both the ship pushing + the dead destroyer be enough to knock a working destroyer into the shield?

Got hammered by ion cannons which shut the guns and engines down. Same thing happens in ESB, just with a land-based cannon instead of ones on Y-Wings.

Star Destroyer was disabled by a Y-Wing squad dropping ION bombs right onto it.

What was bullshit was the Corvette not blowing up when the two Star Destroyers hit.

Same Principle as Running a shopping trolley into a wall. Sure the Trolley is going to get banged up, but you are going to get fucked up too.

If you think a ship, even a fully functional one(this one was probably pretty damaged by this point), has stabilizers powerful enough to resist the full thrust of that corvette I don't think you know how physics works.
5/7 bait m8

I just wondered if I missed something, all of a sudden Star Destroyers were falling out of the sky like fucking leaves or something, well not like leaves but yeah. OK. I'll watch it again when it comes out on HBO and pay closer attention.

>77
Star Wars was released in 1977

YOU ADD FAGGOT REDDITOR
A MOVIE MADE FOR FUCKING CHILDREN
IT WAS DISABLED FOR ALL THE BOMBING

Whoah those numbers

A tugboat pushed a cargo container ship into port? Wut?!

>33
Adolf Hitler was appointed Chancellor of Germany in 1933

Oh shit, I guess I did miss that. I must've been distracted by all the female pilots.

honestly this is just updated space physics for movies.

if you've played EVE online you'll get the concept right away. The smaller in mass an object is, the easier it is to accelerate through space.

Giant hulking transport and destroyer class ships? Those things take MINUTES to turn and they have to build power for a long time just to start moving the mass.

Suck a cock, you little fatboy.

One of these guys.

LOOK AT ALL THOSE

>FUCKING WHITE MALES

thw working star destroyer, got its deck ripped out, so no controls whatsoever

Usually the container ship allows this to happen.

Only because white men can build empires.

Yes in concert with the tug. But a container ship cannot produce lateral displacement to the degree a tug can. A big vessel with full taps open can be steered by a tug left/right while it chugs forward.

I'm starting to think Star Destroyers are absolutely fucking worthless in combat.

kek

What's the problem with that?

Those trip dub trips say white slavers all over them

Star Destroyers are more like aircraft carriers, not so much like battleships.

when Vader arrived with the Devastator the rebel alliance got his shit pushed in

Yes it was stupid. Even with all engines down it still had momentum and mass. If the corvette had come in slowly and nudging with full burn for like 10 minutes, sure. But then new momentum would've been limited by corvette's engines, it would've been real slow.

what happened to his personal super star destroyer

>Shields don't cover the external, exposed shield generator

he got the executor after episode 4

Wasn't in service yet.

Have you seen the OT?

>YFW SLOW ZOOM ON SOME BLACK SMOKE, ONE BREATHING SOUND EFFECT
>RED LIGHTSABER

SHIEEEEEEEET

yeah
why didnt he have a bigger ship, did he spend all his allowance on the lava castle?

Dunno man why can't you find a picture of the Empire State building in 1830?

I got a force boner. I admit it.

what so your telling me super star destroyers only existed after a new hope? Isnt there only like a week between ANH and Empire?

>Isnt there only like a week between ANH and Empire?
Sources are always sketchy on the time.
Its anywhere between 6 months and 1 year between ANH and ESB, it's more likely the latter.

It was a year or so I think. I assume the Executor came into service sometime in that year and was probably being built and worked on during ANH and obviously Rogue One.

sendvid.com/nwv8hh2e

Watching this out of context this is actually terrifying. Star Wars Slasher Horror film when?

Aesthetic as fuck.

The Y-Wings disabled the Star Destroyer with ion torpedoes so it was basically just floating in space.

Does he stab a guy through the gut and open the door with his saber? Fucking purest of kino.

well it was heavily damaged and the engines were not even running anymore at that point

ill give it a pass

John Williams absence is painful.

>when your efforts are still singular.

>directly above a planet
>0-g

he was absolute shit in TFA though

I will maintain that Vader hunting the team of expendables would have brought more meaning to their deaths.

Hell, he could have even left a wounded Krennic to die before boarding his shuttle to leave the planet--which would also explain a bit of ANH if the Rebels had a ~15 minute head start.

>The Empire is a white supremacist organization
The Empire had a middle eastern man working for them as a cargo pilot and they didn't bat an eye when a mexican disguised himself as a imperial officer.

why is disney ruining kotor

Corvette Summer was some Mark Hamill kino

youtube.com/watch?v=4W9pmT6JTO4

>you need to play eve to understand F = ma

It pushed an ion bomb/torpedo disabled Star Destroyer into a working one the collision FUBARED the working one and they both crashed, flaming wrecks, into the shield. God damn did you watch the fucking movie?

>So a Corvette PUSHED a Star Destroyer into ANOTHER Star Destroyer and they BOTH crashed through the shield? Did I see that right?

yeah

pretty lucky they were close enough that the corvette could even do that but I'll give it a pass

honestly I'm just happy that this time they had fucking Y-bombers instead of nothing but X-wings for their fucking BOMBINGS RUNS

TFA can suck my dick

RotJ established that weakness.

x-wing is a figher-bomber dipshit.

Uh, you don't get to bring shields.

Look at this white male

I loved seeing Y Wings do shit too but they were late Clone Wars holdovers, no reason for them to still be in service decades after Return of the Jedi, the design would be around 60 years old by then.

this fucking guy, he had the stones. Man actually talked to vader as if he were damn near his equal, literally uses vader as the complain department
"He asks the impossible, I need more men!"
"Then perhaps you can tell him when he arrives"
>terror in voice
"The emperor is coming here?"

One of the best and most effective ways to create fear of a mostly new villain who'd only been seen in holo before. So brilliant I bet GL had nothing to do with it.

But the Empire is a white supremacist organization. The Rogue One write said so.

I never really paid any attention to it before, but how does the crew in the pit get in and out? A door we cant see from any of these shots, or maybe a little step ladder?

Reminder that ramming is a perfectly valid and historically proven naval tactic given the circumstances.

Know what I miss from the original trilogy? These glorious motherfuckers right there. Even back then we barely even got to see them on screen.

Remember the Empire are retards that built a Giant moon sized device with one point of failure.

No argument there, my initial question was regarding the physics involved. The little Corvette pushed the fucking things around and crashed them. I'm still a little skeptical.

yep, it was cool seeing a new TIE design that had turreted lasers shields and missiles though

Didn't he call it a Hammerhead Corvette? Probably was designed to do so

Shame a bunch of his stuff was cut out of the movie.

The only retard here is you, as you've obviously not seen the movie.

I was just thinking about them today. I actually had one, it was fucking sweet.

BOOB GUN

Why didn't they just ride the eagles past the shield?

Fucking hell, next time watch the movie before you comment on a thread about the movie

The ship is a reference to the KOTOR video game series, meaning the design is literally 3000 (three thousand) years old by the time the movie takes place

No, the question is why didn't the working ship that saw the other ship drifting towards it and had time to react not immediately go to warp?