"And of course the New York Mongoloid problem is beyond calm mention...

"And of course the New York Mongoloid problem is beyond calm mention. The city is befouled and accursed -- I come away from it with a sense of having been tainted by contact, and long for some solvent oblivion to wash out!...How in Heaven's name sensitive and self-respecting white men can continue to live in the stew of Asiatic filth which the region has become -- with marks and reminders of the locust plague on every hand -- is absolutely beyond me. In fact, I'm jolly well certain that they won't continue. New York will become a vast trading-mart for long distance white commuters -- and for the nameless spawn. When, at length, the power of the latter rises to dangerous heights of rivalry, I can see nothing short of rivalry, I can see nothing short of war or separation from the union. There is here a grave and mighty problem beside which the negro problem is a jest -- for in this case we have to deal not with childlike half-gorillas, but with yellow, soulless enemies whose repulsive carcasses house dangerous mental machines warped culturelessly in the single direction of material gain by stealth at any cost. I hope the end will be warfare -- but not till such a time as our own minds are fully freed of humanitarian hindrances of the Syrian superstition imposed upon us by Constantinus. Then let us show our physical power as men and Aryans, and conduct a scientific wholesale deportation from which there will be neither flinching nor retreating."- H.P. Lovecraft

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GZDl_R8Zp2E
youtube.com/watch?v=fgeygahSn-M
youtube.com/watch?v=y7jp1CT1h6c
youtube.com/watch?v=9Ao7GD6R7Y8
youtube.com/watch?v=yC0Gqt8VRKk
youtube.com/watch?v=nEfk5KAOOwo
hplovecraft.com/writings/texts/essays/nwwf.aspx
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>In the matter of politics—I don’t go much with the younger crowd. I’m more interested in keeping the present 300-year-old culture-germ in America unharmed, than in trying out any experiments in “social justice”. Smith, to my mind, is a direct exponent of the newer-immigration element—the decadent & unassimilable hordes from Southern Europe & the East whose presence in large numbers is a direct & profound menace to the continued growth of the Nordic-American nation we know. Some people may like the idea of a mongrel America like the late Roman Empire, but I for one prefer to die in the same America that I was born in. Therefore, I’m against any candidate who talks of letting down the bars to stunted brachycephalic South-Italians & rat-faced half-Mongoloid Russian & Polish Jews, & all that cursed scum! You in the Middle West can’t conceive of the extent of the menace. You ought to see a typical Eastern city crowd—swart, aberrant physiognomies, & gestures & jabbering born of alien instincts.

ayy lmao Was he autistic?

>ayy lmao Was he autistic?
Yes

The so-called Jews of today are either Carthaginians or squat yellow Mongoloids from Central Asia, and the so-called Christians are healthy Aryan pagans who have adopted the external forms of a faith whose original flabbiness would disgust them. The day of belief as a significant factor is past—now we heed only the biological and cultural heritage of a stock as an index of its place. The mass of contemporary Jews are hopeless as far as America is concerned. They are the product of alien blood, and inherit alien ideals, impulses, and emotions which forever preclude the possibility of wholesale assimilation. It is not a matter of being orderly citizens and caring for their poor—the question is more profound than can be dealt with in superficial formulae, and vast harm is done by those idealists who encourage belief in a coalescence which can never be. Neither stock can feel at ease when confronted by the other, and Joseph Pennell the artist only speaks the unvarnished truth when he alludes in his recent memoirs to “the vague, unformulated dislike of a Jew felt instinctively by every properly constituted person of my generation”. On our side there is a shuddering physical repugnance to most Semitic types, and when we try to be tolerant we are merely blind or hypocritical. Two elements so discordant can never build up one society—no feeling of real linkage can exist where so vast a disparity of ancestral memories is concerned—so that wherever the Wandering Jew wanders, he will have to content himself with his own society till he disappears or is killed off in some sudden outburst of mad physical loathing on our part. I’ve easily felt able to slaughter a score or two when jammed in a N.Y. subway train.

Lovecraft was a grade-a sperg of the highest degree.

Thread theme:

youtube.com/watch?v=GZDl_R8Zp2E

When, long ago, the gods created Earth
In Jove's fair image Man was shaped at birth.
The beasts for lesser parts were next designed;
Yet were they too remote from humankind.
To fill the gap, and join the rest to Man,
Th'Olympian host conceiv'd a clever plan.
A beast they wrought, in semi-human figure,
Filled it with vice, and called the thing a Nigger.
- H P Lovecraft

Of course they can’t let niggers use the beach at a Southern resort – can you imagine sensitive persons bathing near a pack of greasy chimpanzees? The only thing that makes life endurable where blacks abound is the Jim Crow principle, & I wish they’d apply it in N.Y. both to niggers & to the more Asiatic type of puffy, rat-faced Jew. Either stow em out of sight or kill em off – anything so that a white man may walk along the streets without shuddering nausea.–Letter from Lovecraft to A.E.P. Gamwell, February 1925.

> admit freely enough that, by careful breeding, supervision of environment and education, extending over many generations, it might be possible to make an appreciable improvement in the stock of the American negro, for example, but I must maintain that this enterprise would be a ridiculous waste of energy, for there is a high-caste white stock ready at hand, and it is inconceivable that the negro stock, however carefully it might be nurtured, could ever even remotely approach it. The educated negro of today is a failure, not because he meets insuperable difficulties in life, but because he is a negro. He is, in brief, a low-caste man, to the manner born, and he will remain inert and inefficient until fifty generations of him have lived in civilization. And even then, the superior white race will be fifty generations ahead of him.

>Started writing stories
>Became addicted to writing stories
>Couldn't pay bills because he refused to do anything other than write stories
>Wife had to work to carry the burden of his sperg story writing tendencies
>Died in poverty
Yes.. Yes he was

[Hitler’s] vision is of course romantic & immature, & colored with a fact ignoring emotionalism … There surely is an actual Hitler peril–yet that cannot blind us to the honest rightness of the man’s basic urge … I repeat that there is a great & pressing need behind every one of the major planks of Hitlerism–racial-cultural continuity, conservative cultural ideals, & an escape from the absurdities of Versailles. The crazy thing is not what Adolf wants, but the way he sees it & starts out to get it. I know he’s a clown, but by God, I like the boy!–Letter from Lovecraft to Donald Wandrei, November 1936.

Anyone else hearing Johnny Rebel singing this in their heads?

He was too redpilled for his own good.

it kinda sounds like the god emperor

Lol based Lovecraft BTFOing the Yellow Fever shills

Inb4

>but muh rooftop Koreans are Trump supporters and their daughters aren't campus SJWs

>tfw society will never be free to write such unfiltered truths again

It's almost disturbing how much contemporary SJWs attempt to crucify him (a man long since dead,) merely for his ideas, even though he never initiated violence or acted out on his views.

It's almost like we're re-entering the Victorian Era.

man sounds like a genius. or what the leftist call (((racist)))

And then he married a jewess with whom he lost his virginity.

The Victorian era was more respectful towards different cultures and their valleys, which is why it produced the forebears to so much adventurous fantasy and science fiction like Lovecraft and Robert Howard.

>valleys

Meant values

I used to be a hide-bound Tory simply for traditional and antiquarian reasons—and because I had never done any real thinking on civics and industry and the future. The depression—and its concomitant publicisation of industrial, financial, and governmental problems—jolted me out of my lethargy and led me to reëxamine the facts of history in the light of unsentimental scientific analysis; and it was not long before I realised what an ass I had been. The liberals at whom I used to laugh were the ones who were right—for they were living in the present while I had been living in the past. They had been using science while I had been using romantic antiquarianism. At last I began to recognise something of the way in which capitalism works—always piling up concentrated wealth and impoverishing the bulk of the population until the strain becomes so intolerable as to force artificial reform.

Letter to Jennie K. Plaiser (8 July 1936), quoted in "H.P. Lovecraft, a Life" by S.T. Joshi, p. 564

Every time until you stop making these threads.

Awwww

Very romantic

Based

youtube.com/watch?v=fgeygahSn-M

No, he just saw nonwhites as completely alien, and realized there was a definite relation between how white a town is and how civilized it is.

I do too, and growing up in Philly was scary. The average Italian looks like a desert raider. The average Jew looks like a bat person. The average black quite literally acts like a chimpanzee that has learned basic English.

He admitted that capitalism was bad.

It says nothing about race.

This is because capitalism is harmful to white people as a whole.

The capitalist system failed to properly reward his talents and he died sickly and poor, so he was justified in believing more liberal reform was necessary in his time. His insights on race still hold though, and "liberal" was not synonymous with race-egalitarian faggot in his time, hence he is still very Sup Forums-tier.

His essay on dogs vs cats:

Between dogs and cats my degree of choice is so great that it would never occur to me to compare the two. I have no active dislike for dogs, any more than I have for monkeys, human beings, negroes, cows, sheep, or pterodactyls; but for the cat I have entertained a particular respect and affection ever since the earliest days of my infancy. In its flawless grace and superior self-sufficiency I have seen a symbol of the perfect beauty and bland impersonality of the universe itself, objectively considered; and in its air of silent mystery there resides for me all the wonder and fascination of the unknown. The dog appeals to cheap and facile emotions; the cat to the deepest founts of imagination and cosmic perception in the human mind. It is no accident that the contemplative Egyptians, together with such later poetic spirits as Poe, Gautier, Baudelaire, and Swinburne, were all sincere worshippers of the supple grimalkin.

>RACE WAR NOW
t. Howard Phillips Lovecraft

And then they got a divorce, he was in shambles and so poor he survived on crackers and mayonaise (a habit that probably killed him)
Then the jew got together with a negro that hated lovecraft's racism so much he burned the hundreds of letters he sent the woman in a field, ruining a FUCKload of ingisht into Lovecraft's personal life.

Fuck that son of a bitch. You don't burn writing.

Yes, because Hitler was a laissez-faire capitalist.

For anyone that's remotely interested in Lovecraft's view on minorities, read "The Street" and "The Horror in Red Hook".

Irrespective of his views on race and politic, his writing so damn compelling.

OP, I think I'll read my first Lovecraft book tonight.

Thanks for the random droplet.

What are you going to read? A lot of his stories are actually pretty bad.

Just a Mel Gibson of his day, people should have listened, now fuck off JIDF

I'm scouring the website dedicated to his works for non-fiction that looks interesting. Not really looking for something particular.

Fool everything about him needs to go into the memory hole

I don't know any non-fiction lovecraft books. He wrote essays and private letters, but no books that I know of. He wasn't politically active, he spent most of his time travelling and writing weird fiction.

Actual excerpt from "Herbert West, Reanimator" about a nig boxer who the Dr. tries to reanimate.

>He was a loathsome, gorilla-like thing, with abnormally long arms which I could not help calling fore legs, and a face that conjured up thoughts of unspeakable Congo secrets and tom-tom poundings under an eerie moon. The body must have looked even worse in life—but the world holds many ugly things.

Then I'll set aside a couple pdfs from the site entitled "Scientific Articles"

I always thought he wrote almost exclusively fictional material, but essays and miscellany are mostly what I'm interested in anyways.

>unspeakable Congo secrets
Lovecraft confirmed for predicting AIDS and Ebola

Shadow over Innsmouth is probably the best place to start. It has one of the best action sequences in any of his writings, it's pretty impressive really

>Listing human beings and negroes separately

I never got why people don't like the dreamquest stories. I loved it and must have read it like five times by now.

>I never got why people don't like the dreamquest stories.
I always thought they were OK, personally though I've had nightmares (while detoxing from alcohol+coke+opiates) that were way more insane.

That is subjective as fuck, A LOT of his stories are 10/10 tiers as there had not been such a great writer of his genre and hi was a pioneer, whether it was cosmic horrors with the Old One mythos, or with mind travel with his dream quests. Just because you didn't like Call of Cthulhu doesn't mean you're right.
That an At the Mountains of Madness.
Oh but people DO like it, but that is not why Lovecraft is know for, and for all the good reasons. Imagine if the Dreamquest stories became as mainstream as Cthulhu? That would be a nightmare.

Guy had a lot of extreme views but he was a great writer. So great was he that people still think that his mythos are real, and writers still try to copy his elder unknown horror write style.

>arms which I could not help calling fore legs

>Trump is Hitler and Lovecraft is alt-right NEET.
Kind of sobering.
Favoring cats kind of lends weight to the NEET idea of him. Cats are selfish cunts but it makes sense for him to put them on a pedestal as the old saying goes, if you can please a cat, you can please a woman.

>he survived on crackers and mayonaise (a habit that probably killed him)
Fuck. Replace that with ramen and it could apply to most of the people here.

>if you can please a cat, you can please a woman.
Then you are doing it wrong.

Posting H.P shit people will like.

youtube.com/watch?v=y7jp1CT1h6c

>he actually said this

Though Jews don't look like whatever a Carthaginian is or Mongols. Pic related, his wife.

Are you fucking serious, dude? I've read ALL of his works multiple times, read a lot of his non-fiction stuff, discussed them with many people and listen to people discussing them every day I go to and get back from work. I got REALLY invested in him the last couple of years. Don't come to me with this "you've only read his mainstream" bullcrap.

A lot of his stories are OBJECTIVELY bad. As in bad writing, bad style, over-complicating concepts and so on.

I LOVED Call of Cthulu. I didn't love The Tomb, Polaris, Old Bugs, The Street, The Terrible Old Man, The Tree, The Picture in the House, The Moon-Bog, He, The Strange High House in the Mist, The Descendant, The Evil Clergyman and most of his collaborations. They're straight up bad. He has some real gems, but don't pretend he churned out 10/10 stories all the time. He went YEARS without writing a decent story in between the times when he did.

Hi, just curious but could you summarize some of the reasons most of his short stories are considered bad? I haven't read Lovecraft in years and all I can really remember is liking the concepts and disliking the literal millions of words a page.

That said, I have recently got into Robert E. Howard in the past year or so and I've ended up liking his stuff a lot more than I ever did Lovecraft.

love that story so much. it wasn't in any of the anthologies i read as a angsty teen so, it was quite a pleasure to get to read it for the first time as an adult. great stuff.

for those who can tolerate the many pages of antiquarian architectural description, The Case of Charles Dexter Ward is one of Lovecraft's best concepts if not best stories. Contains arguably one of the most evil characters in all of fiction.

>So redpilled you can't feed your family or yourself
No

user, as someone who has a Master's degree in literature and has done two thesis on how Lovecraft changed what it meant to write horror, and how it affected the writing society of its day and today, I can say you're just taking the right side because "it's cool to hate what's cool". As I said, those stories you mentioned are classified as mainstream and you can find them in most Lovecraft modern compilations. That said, The Tomb, Polaris, Old Bugs, The Terrible Old Man, The Tree, The Moon-Bog (did a few comparative essays back in my bachelor's degree with this one_, He, The Strange High House in the Mist, and the Evil Clergyman are stories ahead of its time and their analogies and metaphors are still urivaled to this day. Maybe The Street and The Descendant lacked coherent thought but people in the literature field still considered them works of art ahead of its time. You need to do your research son.

that's the problem with the old anthologies; the chronology of the stories is not contextualized and many of the early "stories" were things that Lovecraft himself never desired nor sought to have published. half the stories you just listed were written when lovecraft was in his late teens or early twenties.

topkek never thought he was that based
youtube.com/watch?v=9Ao7GD6R7Y8

Well, fact of the matter is that even Lovecraft himself thought most of them were bad. They simply weren't up to par to the good stories he wrote. The ones he submitted that he thought were bad were never published until after his death or never sent to the publisher at all. The only reason we're able to read them is because it's considered to be historically important to his progression as a writer.

The entire paragraphs of adjectives to describe things that matter aren't what puts me off in these. What puts me off are the really in-depth descriptions of things that DON'T matter, like architecture or local residents. He does this over and over again. Most of those stories are just practice. Then there are the collaborations. He did one or two good ones, but the rest are just shit. Ruined by outside influences or plain disinterest on Lovecraft's part.

Don't get me wrong here, I like most of his work regardless of if its writing was sub-par compared to his best stories because I like to see the progressions and get why he wrote certain things at certain periods of his life. I'm just saying that from an objective standpoint, they are not good, entertaining stories. And he knew that.

Lovecraft was right about East and South Europeans too

degenerate filth

He talks a lot about science as well, he didn't just pen fiction. Just fyi to you.

Ah, that's interesting to learn. I'll have to check the publication dates for his stories the next time I give them a read.

Almost completely unrelated, and I haven't read any Game of Thrones, but isn't that "describing background elements like architecture and anthropology in-universe" a big compliment a lot of people give George RR Martin for his books?

youtube.com/watch?v=yC0Gqt8VRKk

I found out about lovecraft from an episode of Ghost Busters. Some of the stories are hard to read but the universe it built was fucking awesome. Not that I'm a toffee nosed grammar diction snob, just found it hard to read.

youtube.com/watch?v=nEfk5KAOOwo

>childlike half-gorillas
>yellow, soulless enemies ... warped culturelessly in the single direction of material gain by stealth at any cost

10/10

Imagine if he had written The Turner Diaries.

Without even getting into that he was EXTREMELY unknown in literary circles at the time, he sure as FUCK didn't get praise from his peers for those stories. The only reason some of his stories were published at all was because he had a friend inside the publisher company. After the story with the cannibalism was pulled from the shelves for being too explicit no publisher wanted to touch him. He got some recognition in the years leading up to his death, but that died off fast after he'd died.

I'm not arguing your point that he's been a vast influence on modern literature, though. That's definitely true. He wasn't a pioneer though. If you go through the stories listed in this hplovecraft.com/writings/texts/essays/nwwf.aspx you'll notice some very similar concepts. It's not like he came up with all of this on his own. He built on already loosely defined concepts, and he did it well.

>Without even getting into that he was EXTREMELY unknown in literary circles at the time, he sure as FUCK didn't get praise from his peers for those stories. The only reason some of his stories were published at all was because he had a friend inside the publisher company. After the story with the cannibalism was pulled from the shelves for being too explicit no publisher wanted to touch him. He got some recognition in the years leading up to his death, but that died off fast after he'd died.

As stated before, he was ahead of its time. As for being a pioneer, he was. Prior to his writings there was only few mention of other similar genres, including The King in Yellow which was a huge inspiration on Lovecraft style, but it was not about cosmic horrors, the unwillingness of man against unspeakable things that are not in his control, the travel of other worlds through the mind backed with scientific wording, and much more.

Also, what stories did I mention that were mainstream? I listed some of his most obscure works, dude? Unless you know about a shitload of stories that any literary circle doesn't know about you're so full of shit.

Now you're just b8. Stay on topic if you actually want to discuss how great Lovecraft was ahead of its time. When you have hundreds of compilations publishing those stories they become mainstream, ie Necronomicon

lovecraft isn't even really a good writer. the metaphysical implications of his writing are what are pretty profound.

he was one of the only writers of the age, maybe along with nietzsche, to percieve the consequences of slaves unbound from moral constrictions.

innsmouth is most expressive of this. somehow he understood racial degeneration caused by distorted malthusian incentives. he lacked the precise scientific understanding but even if he didn't, it doesn't reduce the horror of his perceptions. unable to express it precisely to anyone, it drove him mad, slowly.

it's too bad. he would have made a good modern anthropologist.

Well I guess I should go and get a Masters degree in Literature if the standards are this low. Did you even look at the essay I posted? Did you even read a single story listed in there? A lot of them touch on exactly that subject. Did you do any research at all?

I don't want to discuss that at all, because I don't agree with that opinion at all. It was entirely in the zeitgeist of the time. Read my last post.

Yes I did, and in no way changes what I'm saying. 1+1 = 2.

Then why are you even wasting your time? Like I said above, just because you didn't like Call of Cthulhu doesn't mean you are right.

Did you read a word I said to you? What is happening here? This is surreal. Did I take crazy pills or something? Read my arguments you son of a bitch.

would fug

you really shouldn't. she was a single mother before single motherhood was cool

he only fuggd her because he was probably autistic

just goes to show how important good judgement is

he was right, 100 years ago, in ways people stil can't understand.

why was he right? we can prove it with genetics now. but he was just RIGHT

really frustrating. there are people today equally right, who aren't being listened to. I have a feeling china is going to correct this

The Asians are in a demographic bind, they don't have enough people breeding to think about eugenics. Maybe if they invent artificial wombs, though if they do I think the Jews will find a way to nuke them.

All that effort to wipe out their biggest competitor only for a new one to arise? Never again.

>asians
>no eugenics
you're kidding right?

they literally are the ones inventing gene therapy technology. their traditional system of marriage is eugenic, which the upper classes still practice.

also the jews can't harm them because their languages are too complex to learn, and they can't infiltrate via facial similarities. china could pretty easily eliminate israel.

as coordinated as the jews are it's obvious that they themselves aren't perfectly organized. they organize mainly by attempting to destroy christendom. they can't do anything to china because their socia lstructure does not allow it, in the same way WE can kill sand niggers in iraq, but not the ones in europe.

keked hard.

but slightly conserned I didn't notice it before it was pointed out..

This guy was pure autism.

Lovecraft was basically the child of Sup Forums, /r9k/ and /x/ threeway

Classical liberals were redpilled on the race question, but against capitalism and for bigger government, remember it was the Republicans who fought to end slavery and the Democrats that were for it. Atleast the liberals of the old days understood that the system would crash and burn if you let in hordes of negros and spics, and understood the differences between the races. Believe or not but there was a time when the United states led the world in Eugenics, incentivizing Immigration from Northern Europe and restricting it from everywhere else, as well as sterilization. It all took place before Nazi Germany when Hitler ruined everything

>Classical liberals
>for bigger government

I think its time to stop posting

a lot of those terms are meaningless, user

classical liberals such as smith opposed government, but the capitalists he wrote about often performed on government contracts, or bribed politicians for funding, etc.

Not that user, but he's right you know.

Just because you didn't like call of cthulhu doesn't make you right.

My bad, I meant to Refer to the liberals of the late nineteenth and early twentieth century who were redpilled in some respects but we're for bigger government, like Theodore Roosevelt

And Woodrow Wilson, but fuck Wilson

>Fuck. Replace that with ramen and it could apply to most of the people here.
Nice projection there, you fucking loser.

Source for all of this?

A cuck to the End user

true.