Reminder that U2 literally invaded everyone's iTunes in 2014

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z6gPSSYxex0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

and it killed their careers

i thought vertigo did that

>using itunes

what career?

Vertigo killed their credibility, but it was a fucking huge song. It would have gone #1 if Billboard had counted iTunes downloads at the time instead of just CD singles and radio play.

The kicker was following it up with No Line and that horrible shit "Boots" single (which debuted with an embarrassing Grammy performance 9 years ago today).

They were still a huge live act (360 Tour is the highest grossing of all time), but nobody cared about their new singles/albums anymore outside hardcore fans. So they pulled the iTunes thing and it backfired majorly.

>what career?
Well they formed in 1976, had a string of critically acclaimed albums, hold the record for highest grossing tour of all time (set at the start of this decade), had a fair amount of Top 40 charting/pop radio play/MTV heavy rotation hits from the mid 80s to the mid 00s, sold over 100 million albums worldwide.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z6gPSSYxex0
The pinnacle of U2

Why does Bono have titanium legs now? What happened to his real legs?

he broke his back in like 2010, had a bike accident in like 2013, and then had some near death experience in 2015.

so one of those

at least nobody will ever need to hear him play guitar again

> used that album as my alarm for a year because I didn’t have an iTunes account since I moved out from my parents

Awful. I still here that one shitty intro in my nightmares “WOOOOAHHH OOHHH OHH OHHH AHHH OHH OHH OHH”

how many people listened to even a single track off that album?
such a fucking god awful cover art too. i might have given it a chance if it was something decent but i just wanted that thing to get the fuck off my ipod

and yet they remain the most literally who band of all time

Not Gen X.

not really

What's wrong with Vertigo?

>1 2 3 14
Memes aside, that song is fucking terrible. cf. Maddox's review of HTDaAB

I liked it when I was younger. I guess I'm a pleb then

have you been living under a rock your whole life or are you just underage?

I could easily name off 10+ U2 songs that were all over pop radio and MTV back the day.

That's the Beatles

Shut your filthy whore mouth

Bono just can't accept that the days of them pulling big albums are over.

This. He's trying too hard to make them relevant.