Thinking about watching The Shield for the first time. I have never seen a single episode before

Thinking about watching The Shield for the first time. I have never seen a single episode before.

Whats Sup Forums opinion of The Shield. Is it worth watching?

Other urls found in this thread:

ign.com/articles/2015/08/30/the-shield-to-be-converted-to-4k
twitter.com/AnonBabble

its great. its intense its edge its funny its interesting . its fast paced and i should rewatch it

Just watch the first episode, you won't be able to stop

One of the best conclusions to any series ever.
Now stop reading posts before someone ruins it.

Sounds like some solid responses. Ill definitely check it out

You mean how its supposed to be poetic how they can't actually put vick in jail but stick him in a desk job till he either quits or retires?

It was kinda obvious that was where the show was going to end up at the first fucking episode.

It's great

I remember the 2nd and maybe also the 3rd to last seasons losing some power, but stick around until the end. The last 3 episode are incredible. One of the best series finales to a drama ever.

One of the best Cop shows ever made. All those storylines.

>Money Train
>Vic + Strike team
>Claudette vs Vic
>Gang Wars
>Julian vs heterosexuality

Finished first episode. Fantastic. Time to start binging

The show shit all over itself and died after the money train. Hell, at the money train. As once that started it stopped being a gritty crime show and was just "the vick mackey show."

I agree that in terms of Vic and the Strike team the show goes off the rails after the Money Train, but the rest of the cast carries it well enough on their own imo. Plus tell me that final scene with Claudette & Vic isn't fucking gold after all the shit she pulled to get him stripped of his badge.

Wait a couple of months for the HD re-release

Good show, but you might consider it kind of "trashy" at first. Just let it take you in.

It jumps the shark with the money train. From that point most the drama revolves around that.

>Muh share
>Muh secret
>Muh strike team
>Muh shitty gang war plan
>Muh immunity

>was going to end up at the first fucking episode.
Yes, extremely obvious. That was exactly what I was thinking after the first episode.

Neo-Sup Forums, everyone

When?

ign.com/articles/2015/08/30/the-shield-to-be-converted-to-4k

It's okay to be stupid. No one blames you. They think you can't help it.

It contains yelling. And screaming, and bellowing, and wailing, and crying, and howling, and hollering.. If you are going to watch it, don't marathon it at one go. You will get burned out quickly. It's not a light watch for sure.

It's incredible, I'd probably put it in my top 5, top 6 for sure. I watched it last spring and I literally couldn't stop - the first scene of each episode and that JUST ANOTHER DAAAAAAAAY gets you hooked.

Im at s3e11 right now and I hope this money train shit ends this season

one of the best tv shows ever made and this comes from a guy who has 130+ finished or currrently airing tv shows on his list

Is there any show in which the first and the last seasons are so different in tone? First season is mostly bros dealing with gangbangers and getting into wacky hijinks, last season are depressing.

Why didn't Rawlings break down at the end of season4?

Hurrr I'm retarded, I meant why DID she break down.

>family meeting!

Because Glenn Close wanted to leave