youtube.com/watch?v=gsAQZahOhfE
youtube.com/watch?v=OQIYEPe6DWY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>implying that the retro-futuristic aesthetic isn't timeless

p l e b

>retro
>timeless
:|

agree with OP, they really didn't bother to continue pushing the boundaries of electronic pop music, thankfully we had YMO takeover and they did an incredible job. by the time kraftwerk reacted, it was too late and synthpop had exploded into the main-mainstream (early madonna, mj, etc.) and in japan, modern jpop. not that any of that stuff was bad.

This may be one of the worst indie bands of all time.
Their cover of Two-Headed Boy alone should have been grounds for execution.

Lol are you seriously this not self aware? You haven't noticed the barrage of synth and retro synth based sounds in the last few years? Kraftwerk is based but timeless is the last word to describe them. In 5 years they'll be a POCKET CALCULATOR joke again and some dope like you will be making threads about how timeless some shitty grunge band is.

lol Kraftwerk still gets put into dj sets regularly tho

S/t 1 and 2 plus Tone Float is their best shit by a fuckin mile anyway

Listen to Man Machine and say that with a straight face, even most of the tracks that sample it hold up

Agreed fuck these cuckboys

yellow magic orchestra aged better than kraftwerk and I'm not even weeb

Learn to read. Kraftwerk is great, everyone knows it. The point is that 90% of this worship of them is gonna die when there's another generation shift and 80's nostalgia and synth music becomes uncool again. 30 year cycle.

I'm the OP rater with my pocket calculator

thanks sweetie

so they age badly because they're only periodically in vogue? how the fuck does that make any sense? isn't something that ages badly more like something that never becomes cool or trendy again?

90s electronic rave music

edgy

weebs are the only ones who know of YMO's existence

uhh no

80s-early 90s hip-hop

idk, the phrase "good old days" still gets used for a reason.

>weebs are the only ones who know of YMO's existence

fuckin read a book m8

>Renamed their band because the name was too problematic.
Fucking nerds.

you start

really only true of stuff before like 1988 or 1989

a lot of the shiny suit or ringtone rap era stuff dropped much more quickly into irrelevance

LIFE IS TIMELESS

nice bait faggot

t.pleb

oh, the irony

Hey shut up

is this video accurate?

youtube.com/watch?v=S4PuRxz8Clc

This aged fine though, the 2017 rework of Inner City Life is barely different to the original.

holy shit

I don't know Goldie as well as I should, but "Inner City Life" is a legitimately perennial track. I can see that shit applying to the right neighborhood in Sumer.

i remember them only because of that one song with horrible lyrics

EUROPE ENDLESS

Not yet, but probably in like 10 years or so their music will be marked as badly aged

I feel like this is almost objectively true. Kraftwerk and other early electronic acts understood the equipment they were using.

By the 90s electronic music had evolved into constructing tunes by browsing cheesey digital synth presets and those awful sample/loop CDs. People were haphazardly throwing any disparate element they could find together and it still ended up sounding cliche.

Some of the squelchy acid stuff sounds alright but the rest is trash.

>the squelchy acid stuff
nah that shit aged the worst

Any disco, especially the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack, and any Village People. (Except for the song Food Fight. That will always remain a timeless classic)

>retrofuturism
>not just le post ww2 nihilism signallers for libshit students and their jewish professors

80s music, specifically the reverbed electronic drums with electric guitars stuff. Not even current 80s revivalism wants to indulge with that type of sound.

This had just dated so badly
youtube.com/watch?v=HwDTfsR6Y3w

Some of its awful no doubt. Still better than its peers.

anything unashamedly pop or out of the "SAW" hit-factory stable or any similar venture likely has an extremely limited shelf life.

They are still cool in a retrofuturistic sense

cool music ends up being used as cool soundtrack for cool movies. not saying that it's a sufficient condition for being cool but
kraftwerk would be horrible in any film because it almost breaks 4th wall by itself.

Not spliting the money between the band that tours equally isn't very punk

>aged

>campy (on purpose XD)
>implicitly homosexual
>muh functional minimalism
yep, its something from 80s

Damn what's the tune at 0:56 ?

Except for the minimalist part, it seems you're describing the 2010s, not 80s.

wrong. electronic music is here to stay and kraftwerk always will be relevant.

cuz 10s are mostly 80s revival (00s were 70s and 90s were 60s)

>00s were 70s
How? I thought 00s were 80s too.
But nah, 2010s are nothing like the 80s, sadly. 00s weren't either.
Neon colors and vaporwave isn't really what the 80s were like, as much as gen Z think that way.

Aphex Twin

dunno, i just put it in there to fill continuum between 90s and 10s. i only listened to afx during 00s desu

Their music is definitely run-of-the-mill, but I don't think they're that terrible. They're easy to hate on Sup Forums because of the politics they embody; just look at the replies to your post.

Do people just use “edgy” to describe anything they disagree with nowadays? Like how is that opinion edgy? It’s becoming one of the most retarded over used words on the internet. Like why even take the time to reply and just say edgy?

Lol no

youtube.com/watch?v=13HM-bmKW2U

I used to listen to them everyday for like 4 years, they didn't age like milk.
Granted I listen to acoustic music only these days but they are still great I think, probably.

It would have been more tolerable years down the road if ska fans weren't the worst. The genre sucks, but the fans make it even more intolerable.

They really need to stop. It's sad really, they used to be my favorite band. But they kept existing. I feel like Rivers barely cares anymore, and the other members just follow him for the paycheck.

Anytime a band goes past 5 or 6 albums, it's usually asking for trouble. Weezer should have stopped at red.

nibba what?
this

>they used to be my favorite band. But they kept existing.

b8

this desu. nostalgia is the only thing that keeps this godawful sound alive

all those neo-80 songs that got released after Driver and Hotline Miami

I wouldn't say it aged like milk, but it's definitely yeezy's worst release so far. Especially Stronger and Drunk and Hot Girls. Why would I want to listen to those when I could just listen to Daft Punk and Can?

Living In A Box

youtube.com/watch?v=mHzfhU8t5i8

Get off the fucking board you dirty contrarian

This band is still contemporary.
Ya blew it.

They’re still popular but I predict all three Brockhampton albums to be swiftly forgotten in a year’s time.

Living in a box-Living in a box in an album titled Living in a box

10s is far more 90s revival than 80s revival. Take a look at vaporwave. It's Windows 95 and 98 with seinfeld shitposting.

some new unreleased kraftwerk, 8th album i beleive

youtube.com/watch?v=dNgz2zBvmLU
>kraftwerk will never make new music
feels bad man, they could really fit in with the modern sound
I would love a kraftwerk album that sounds like this
youtube.com/watch?v=gsAQZahOhfE

i know this threads prolly gonna die soon but the thing I really like about ymo is the fact that they matured as a band. If you listen to the live versions of tong poo in lik 1980 when they were first touring is sounds so different from when they last played it live in 2012. They definitely grew and matured as a band, whereas kraftwerk has been doing the same exact fucking live show for the past 20 years

Not that they were ever decent but it continues to be shit

what are you even talking about. kraftwerk were well-respected before the 80s revival fad. and their style isnt even popular in that scene anyways

i like saw stuff and similar 80s pop

>10s is far more 90s revival than 80s revival
Gotta love the big beat revival and the grunge, jungle and britpop elements in vaporwave.

No way. Oscillators4lyfe

youtube.com/watch?v=OQIYEPe6DWY
Surely you mean aged like wine

And also gothic metal revival, hip-hop gangsta revival, faggy neon behaviour being shunned and totally not promoted by indie musicians everywhere.

Fucktard.

Can't think of anything to be honest.
That's my contribution to this thread.

Kraftwerk's drums haven't aged well, but their synth sound is far warmer than what came afterward in the 80s and on forth (at least in the dance field, guys like Aphex or BOC messed with warmer sounds.) Not only that, dancey synth music didn't start layering warmer synths like Kraftwerk again till more recently with a couple synthwave artists that do that, too not most. It's that warmer layered synth sound that still makes them worth listening to.

>kraftwerk
>timeless and classic
Take your Vitamins.

>at least in the dance field, guys like Aphex or BOC messed with warmer sounds
I fucking hate people like you with only a surface level Sup Forumscore version of music history. Read around the subject before you talk about it as if you know something you pleb

>It's that warmer layered synth sound that still makes them worth listening to.
and not their drums and basslines too? are you kidding me?

No, they’re easy to hate on because of the pure distilled soycore they produce