At what age did you grow out of metal, Sup Forums?

at what age did you grow out of metal, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nNtcoRK1y0w
youtu.be/rFyZvw84T3g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

at what age did you grow out of posting the same thread constantly, op?

fpbp

and you?

It's like the bots that post the racebait threads on Sup Forums, I have no idea what the end goal is.

there isnt meant to be an end goal idiot

Then I grew out of being a pretentious pseud and admitted to myself that a lot of metal is good when I was 19.

I only outgrew the part where I ONLY listen to metal. Iron Maiden is still the greatest of all time.

There's always an end goal.

The end goal is to make metal, along with all other "white" music, seem uncool and childish, while promoting hip-hop as mature and intelligent by spamming these threads.

At what age did you grow into Jazz?

There must be another end goal because they've already reached that one.

>be me, 23 just getting back into metal
>went through a phase from 19-22ish when I was a pretentious, plaid-shirt wearing hipster who hung out in coffee shops
>thought metal was immature and stupid
>indie folk and hip-hop are the way to go
>now realize that metal is, indeed, immature and stupid
>but its also fucking kino
Just don't be an autist about metal. Don't take it seriously. Enjoy it for the edgy cheese-fest that it is, like you would a cheesy old horror movie. Metal is fucking awesome, mate.

that never happens in these threads fuck off back to Sup Forums grammyfag

>metal is, indeed, immature and stupid

All of it? Most of it? Some of it? Most of the metal bands I'm into write lyrics based on serious subject matter and compose their music accordingly; harsh aesthetics for harsh themes.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I don't know what's wrong with being edgy in a medium of art that's built on the shoulders of edgy people.

>serious subject matter
That's the problem though. Only virgin neckbeard incel pol9k floor shitters take things that aren't about the daily life seriously.

Do you want to try typing that again without slathering yourself in hyperbole, or is that really what you believe?

Not all of it, but most of it. I know Chuck Schuldiner began writing more philosophical lyrics towards the end of his life, and the later Death albums are certainly deeper and more intelligent than shit like Scream Bloody Gore and Leprosy, but the dumber earlier shit is more fun.
>DRINK FROM THE GOBLET
>THE GOBLET OF GORE
>ZOMBIE!
>RITUAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!
Pic related is one of the most important metal records ever recorded, and it's absolutely ridiculous and goofy, and you know what? I wouldn't have it any other way.

I don't hate my parents or have trouble fitting into society. So I never got into it.

>thinking that all metal fans are edgy Disturbed and Drowning Pool fans who wear trip pants and flaming skull shirts
You know only turbo-autists do that, right? Most people who enjoy metal also enjoy other genres, like anybody else, and they look like anybody else. I have pretty long hair and I guess I fit the stereotypical "look," but I'm a pretty normal person and I enjoy all kinds of other bands. I don't listen exclusively to metal. The Cure are one of my favorite bands. I even love their poppy shit like Friday I'm In Love and Why Can't I Be You?
Not all metal fans are edgy school-shooter retards who listen to butt-metal.

>hip-hop
>mature
Yeah, no. Rap lyrics are on the same level of idiocy as metal lyrics. It’s just that most metal musicians take their time to compose, y’know, songs.

And a lot of metal lyrics aren't idiotic. A lot of rap lyrics aren't idiotic, either.

What sources do you guys use to come up with bullshit statistics like this on the dime?

I've listened to metal for over a decade, mate. While there are some absolutely phenomenal lyrics about history, and war, and even about philosophy and spirituality and the occult, for every absolutely brilliant lyricist, there's probably a hundred bands writing generic edgy shit like
>AAAAAAAAH YOUR GOD IS DEAD
>BREEEEEEEEE ALL WOMEN ARE FUCKING WHORES
>SATAAAAAAAAAAAN
>GOOOOOOOORE

Never got into it cause I’m not a faggot

Nah not really, Metal is trash, 2018 hip hop is trash, grow up.

I need something more than anecdotal evidence you pull out of your ass, mate.

>not a faggot
You don't have to be a metal autist to appreciate metal, just like you don't have to be black to like hip-hop, or some goth edgelord to like shit like Bauhaus. It's just music. Its surprisingly good workout music, and I know a lot of chads who enjoy heavy shit.
Tell me this song doesn't jam from start to finish. This was one of the first extreme metal songs I ever liked. That opening riff hooked me immediately.
youtu.be/nNtcoRK1y0w

Mate, I feel like a good 90% of every genre is uninspired trash with a few artists being bright shining examples of that genre. I love metal to death, but to deny that a majority of it is edgy garbage is just ludicrous. For every band like Maiden, with Dickinson's lyrics about war and literature, or Death, with Schuldiner's lyrics about spirituality and philosophy, there are hundreds of copycats who just want to be the "most brutal."

Mate, that's not a source.

I've worked at a record store for years, where we play whatever we want all day long, for hours on end. When you listen to so much music, and so many different styles, it all starts to blend together. Genres disappear and it just becomes "music." You start noticing elements of a certain genre in other genres. Sometimes I'll hear a fast hip-hop song at work, and think "That beat sounds almost like a Ramones beat, except on an 808." or something along those lines. I think the harsh vocals turn a lot of people off, but metal really isn't much different from any other genre. It's not all that abrasive either, especially compared to shit like harsh noise wall and power electronics. That shit makes metal sound like baby music. Some metal is downright catchy and danceable.

The beat that starts around 1:55 is a straight up "boots 'n cats" dance beat.
youtu.be/rFyZvw84T3g