It's time to admit that Attack of the Clones is good

It's time to admit that Attack of the Clones is good.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=44H0MVjBDtM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not as good as ROTS but way better than the TPM

Nice video game cutscenes, Lucas.

Nah. Its worse than TPM because of the romance shit that cuts into the interesting faux neo-noire obi-wan stuff

True. It's honestly the most consistent prequel even if it lacks some impact. The Dooku fight was perhaps underwhelming all around. Some of the dialogue was arguably uncomfortable, though I'd disagree for the most part. Everything else was good, this coming from someone who watched it as a film and not a Star Wars entry

TPM was shit. The romance was well paced and looked beautiful even if the dialogue got clunky

I believe you mean Attack of the K I N O S

Only redditors hate the prequels.
True patricians realise that OG trilogy is trash and prequels are the only kinos in this franchise.

You're out of control tonight, aren't you? How many attention-whoring threads are you making today?

>OT
nice puppet show Lucas

Someone get this hothead outta here! This is a kino-posting thread son, chill out.

This

II>V>III>IV>VI>I>VII

once you get over the fact that tpm was the bigger letdown, then you'll realize that aotc is in fact the worse movie

search your feelings, you know it to be true

Memesters like you invalidate prequel defending. Leave it to the cinematically literate please. There are things to defend, actually do it

it's the worst Star Wars movie with TPM right behind it.

5>6>4>7>R1>3>1>2

stop

It's a good looking movie, but this is a terrible grid
>7 above anything
Maybe better than TPM, the only truly bad prequel. And 4 that low? Bad look f.am

Switch Rogue One and Episode 7 and that's exactly the order I'd put them in

What Dreamcast game is this?

Literally what is wrong with this? Of course cgi ages. Would you rather have real stuff distractingly mixed in? There were tons of sets built for the prequels, and I'm not defending their darkness but I am saying there's a consistency to its looks that is far preferable.

>TPM, the only truly bad prequel

I like how you don't even have the defense of being underage anymore. You're just retarded.

The grid is a joke

It's so dense every single image has so many things going on

It's almost like pottery

I will never admit this. Even as a retard kid I hated this movie

I'd rather watch phantom menace three times than this movie. I'd rather be punched in the balls than see this movie. I hate it

*fakeness not darkness

This is a good fucking list but swap 7 and rogue one

>Move all quadrants to sector 515.

Exactly. As a new tiny Star Wars fan, I liked it. Then as a retarded kid, I fell for the prequels are bad meme that got drilled into my head. But now I can watch them as movies and block out the nostalgia. The fans' necessity for these movies to meet their expectations brought about their poor reception. AotC is a good movie and RotS has good parts

Defend this.

i would if R1 had any good characters.

>6 is better then 4

mfw

I'd like to defend Attack Of The Clones but the only nice thing I can say about this snoozefest is that the ending was pretty good

Yoda finally kicking some ass onscreen put a big smile on my face and really surprised me, I always figured him as more of a pacifist or simply a force user

i'm biased because i grew up around the forrest where they shot all the Endor stuff.

What a witty comment. You should do stand-up.

It looked like shit when it came out. It has since been surpassed in every way by a zero budget television show. Then when it got a point where it even could've been impressive, the fog rolls in so they don't have to actually render anything, because apparently what was being shown before was too expensive to keep rendering.

t. George Lucas

Pleb detected. The end and everything involving fighting Dooku is the only real complaint to make about the movie. Snooze fest? It was the longest Star Wars but it was paced so well it hardly felt it.

That explains. Still ewoks saving the fucking galaxy.

It might just be the time period that it came out, but I've got a bit of nostalgia for AotC that I don't have for either of the other prequels, even if it's the second worst SW movie overall. I really don't get why people would rate TPM over it at all. The Anakin/Padme romance is awkward, sure, but Obi Wan playing detective makes up for it as far as I'm concerned. TPM commits the sin of being painfully boring from beginning to end (aside from pod race and Maul), and can be skipped without losing much of anything to the overall story.

I always see OG niggers posting this video but none of them have EVER said what's wrong with it.
You guys are really grasping at straws here.

youtube.com/watch?v=44H0MVjBDtM

Fuck Plinkett
Fuck redlettermedia and their reddit-tier faux humor unfunny bullshit

>5>6>4>7>R1>3>1>2

Nah.

4>5>7>6>RO>1>3>2

>Snooze fest?

>mass produced clones with no personality are going to fight mass produced droids with no personality and no character that even could matter will never be in danger at any point

Yes, snooze fest.

Literally the worst romance I've ever seen in any movie. Completely obliterates any watchability the movie might otherwise have

the prequels are literally reddít user...

It's almost like Lucas wanted to show a scene of them aiming the weapons at the ship, and he had no idea what the dialogue in that scene would be, so he blurted out some technobabble bullshit that no one questioned him about and it got into the film.

How the fuck does one move a quadrant to a sector?

I mean for fuck's sake, it could have been something like "focus all available fire on that starship!" with Yoda simply ordering them to "Attack the nearest starship before it flees!"

I don't have a problem with ewoks and actually like them. Basically it follows the same troupe as Tyrion from GOT in that never judge a book by it's cover.

yeah like under a parsec you faggot.

I honestly cannot tell if all the prequel defending is just high level memeing or you contrarian faggots are actually starting to unironically defend these awful movies.

You literally missed the fucking point then. I swear people hate the prequels because they can't into politics. The war wasn't one we're supposed to feel for, the point is it displays the rift in the galaxy. The collapse of peace at the hands of Palpatine, and the hypocrisy of the Jedi order

There's some logic to the idea hyperspace travel is completely blind, thus shaving off distance means taking more risks

Poe's Law

THe ones complaining about CGI scenes are probably 12. It's about what those scenes represent, not just their face value. Understanding this requires a level of maturity and level-headedness that these people lack.

don't get your pants of shit in a bunch girl.

>The war wasn't one we're supposed to feel for

>lets devote 90% of the movie to it!

>starting to
I've always unironically defended AotC and lots of RotS. They're decent films that have been memed as some of the worst films of all time. They're not even much worse than the OT if you look at them as films and not the objects of a fan boy.

thanks for making my argument.

>It's about what those scenes represent

>some toys shooting other toys

The only way your argument can be made is if you can figure out how to move a quadrant into a sector.

Case in point.
You are incapable of looking past the graphics and actually thinking about what the scenes are about.

When was the last time you watched the movie?
>Padme and Jedi introduction and developement
>detective kenobi
>Romance
>Kamino
>Visit to Tatooine
>Geonosis and arena
>THEN some war
>Dooku fight

>Star Wars
>politics

sure, let's take a series that's literally based on pulpy adventure serials of Lucas's childhood and shove in boring as fuck and nonsensical politics for absolutly no reason but also put in a fucking cartoon nigger rabbit jiving all over the place and have the main enemy be a bunch of retarded stick figure droids so our unlikeable protagonists don't have to kill anyone! sounds just fucking swell!

No people will never stop bitching about the stupid shit.

5>6>3>4>1>2>7>R1
There I said it.

Also preferred watching order:
New trilogy to be added when complete.

Hey man, TPM sucked. But you prove my point that people liked the way the OT was driven by a character arc and then couldn't handle the PT dodging their expectations and being driven by large movements and intricate political interactions. They were neither boring nor nonsensical, just not what you wanted to see

terrible taste

>intricate political interactions.
>They were neither boring nor nonsensical

>starting
it's been like this since tfa released.

It's ok I guess, but my least favorite Star Wars film

I agree. 6 was weak, and 1 was by far the worst of the six.
Acceptable ratings would be:
4/5>6/2/3>1/7

You didn't need to spend hours showing the clone wars for people to understand it was a proxy army against a proxy army. That point is delivered on the ocean planet.

The fact the movie then delivers the point and then jumps into a solid hour of pure padding is just beyond hackery.

Disgusting. Watch them as fucking films and not some beloved nostalgia driven franchise.

Interplanetary politics is a really cool idea and it emphasizes the differences between all the cultures and species in Star Wars.

The problem is Lucas just stuck with what he knew. Instead of crafting a new, unique system to work with the setting, he just made it a senate. Instead of Naboo having something unprecedented, it was just a monarchy.

>cite parsec as technobabble
>someone justifies it
>SEE U PROVED MAH POINT

... you're going to have to key us in on your thought process here.

99% the clone wars could've been in the fucking title crawl without losing anything.

OH WAIT, IT FUCKING IS IN RotS!

Instead of anything remotely unique, it was just galactic UN.

ok buddy

Reminder that these are the same people that unironically defend BvS.

>having this much shit taste

kill yourself

I find that 1 actually has a pretty eerie ending when you have the whole story in perspective and then see the last scene, there's a feeling of a doomed future that makes me appreciate it a little more. The rest of the movie has shit moments but overall I like it more than 2. R1 was a totally unnecessary addition to the set so that's why I put it last.

oh yeah because people were totally taking about that walking out of the theater.
I guess my military service allows me to understand that CW scene better than you.

The only good thing about episode 2 is all of the good vidya and comics and stuff and spawned.

swap 5 with 6 and R1 with 3 and you got a deal.

No. Snyder is a hack and his defenders are memesters or plebs easily impressed by pointless visual allegory. Lucas put far more thought into these movies, his universe than that, and people write everything off as though he just slapped these films together
If 1 could have ended with Qui Gon burning st the funeral, that would have been fantastic. But then it's has that stupid celebration with stupid music and a fucking cgi orb

>calls RI unnecessary
>likes TPM

audible kek

When people start talking about walking out of a theater, they aren't saying "oh I was enjoying the fuck out of the movie until he said to move the quadrants into the sectors, then suddenly i was pissed and needed to leave and pace!" No, that was a point where, after slogging through the previous hour of suffering, watching obiwan hug a 50s short order cook alien and learn from him longnecked niggas were making clones on a completely different planet, then all that shit in the arena, then all that shit with the robots shooting the clones, and sending in the clones, one of them spouting some idiotic unnecessary technobabble was final straw tier.

I, personally, did not walk out of the theater. I tried to fight the boredom and awareness of abject incompetence. But then it ended and I just never wanted to see anything star wars related ever again.

>people write everything off as though he just slapped these films together

that's exactly what he did. you can't deny this.

To add, 1 was not irredeemable. It did have an overall story that added some to the prequel arc and the more subtle things like hypocritical Jedi. But far worse than Jar Jar was kid Anakin and it's cgi just really isn't defendable. Not a good movie

I could practically feel lucas resisting the urge to namedrop with obiwan's first lines.

I meant back when SW was showing. im not talking about waking out during the movie.

So, when did AotC became more hated than TPM? Is "I hate sand" really worse than kid Anakin and Jar Jar?

well if it didn't include all of those scenes with Anakin and Padme it would pretty much be the best of the prequels and maybe even a decent movie in its own right

>You literally missed the fucking point then. I swear people hate the prequels because they can't into politics

HURR LET'S SHOEHORN A POLITICAL MESSAGE INTO THIS STORY ABOUT A SPACE PRINCESS WHERE SPACE COWBOYS MINGLE WITH SPACE SAMURAI DERP DERP

Stupid shit like that is one of the main reason people (rightfully) hate the prequels.

Its pretty telling you chose to focus on a bit of text you misunderstood.

Yes, when I was watching the movie, in the theater, I felt the strongest urge to just leave and do anything else I've ever felt. But I stuck with it.

after TPM lucas was all like "okay I'll tone down jarjar," so that got my ass in the seat. Then the entire movie was the worst slog I've ever experienced in a theater.

>I don't like sand, its coarse and irritating
>not like you! You're smooth and nice!

brillaint george, just brilliant

It's still low on my list. I didn't say R1 was bad just that I could have lived without it since it didn't really expand on anything. Sure the prequels expanded on certain aspects in questionable and often shitty ways but it was still adding to the story.

Shoehorned??? It's literally the driving force behind all of that. The politicization of the Jedi and their resulting complacency and hypocrisy, the maneuvering of Palpatine with the senate and with Anakin, it's all vital, and it's the heart of the whole trilogy. This wasn't the case with the OT where it was just what you greentexted, and people didn't like the difference