From old thread: tell everyone else how much they suck, as follows:

from old thread: tell everyone else how much they suck, as follows:

Take this accent test and see what part of the nation you belong to.

nytimes.com/interactive/2013/12/20/sunday-review/dialect-quiz-map.html

Your way of speaking strongly reflects and influences your culture, how do you think this affects your political affiliation?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/flaghunters/Extra-Flags-for-Sup
knowyourmeme.com/memes/regional-dialect-meme
youtube.com/watch?v=wAITudG7U00
youtube.com/watch?v=lTaVxTmB5k4
youtube.com/watch?v=P8Vjd_hdYYw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1st for ketchup hate

Fry sauce is GOAT

i really don't understand that. ketchup on a hot dog?

i think the false flaggers are getting out of control

CHICAGOOOO NIGGAAAAS WHUDDUP

LETS SHOW THESE GOOFIES

github.com/flaghunters/Extra-Flags-for-Sup Forums

go get yo colors

CA MASTER RACE REPORTING

MUSTARD A SHIT!

>Fucking yanks, you give them a perfectly good language and they have to fuck it all up.
Our dialect/accent is actually closer to what we spoke in the 1600s than yours is.

>It was around the time of the American Revolution that non-rhotic speech came into use among the upper class in southern England, in and around London. According to John Algeo in "The Cambridge History of the English Language" (Cambridge University Press, 2001), this shift occurred because people of low birth rank who had become wealthy during the Industrial Revolution were seeking ways to distinguish themselves from other commoners; they cultivated the prestigious non-rhotic pronunciation in order to demonstrate their new upper-class status.

In other words, the way you talk is literally the result of tryhards attempting to seem posh. So shove it up your ass, limey shit.

Reminder that we Americans are superior to Nigel, Harry, and Mary.

I didn't save the map but apparently I have a New Jersey accent. But I come from Long Island which is close enough. My dad talks just like Tony Soprano too.

i'm warming up to this idea of fry sauce. going to try it out next time.

wtf you guys?

Wasn't there another name for it? Like none of the ones they showed?

>you guys

what is val accent supposed to be satan?

Real American coming through.

No idea, but let's call it "you have to go back".

Why do I have a NY accentc (the oder big red is saint louis)

im literally from minneapolis

shut it down

Valley

>yinz

Oh, that's really not a thing aside from a few stupid white women.

>Say these words: Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught

knowyourmeme.com/memes/regional-dialect-meme

I say "aunt" like "taunt" and "data" like "day-ta". I also spell it "theater" and "pajamas". This triggers bongs.

What's yinz, my unknown friend.

You watch too many American films.

yep, they got me. I'm from LA

pittsburghese

Philly I think

I would accept all hollows' eve

1 post by this ID

I's thuh Texanist, purrntly.

Apparently its true that NOVA is an unholy abomination of Yankee and Southern.

this is just niggerspeak

It all eventually gets appropriated by whites. Accept it. It makes you more cultured.

Pretty accurate, NYC here.

>the wolf is giving birth
>grin.jpeg
>the devil is beating his wife
>mfw

Forgot my pic

Considering I have a really conservative accent, you can probably tell I'm very conservative. It's strange how I lived in the states for 5 years, developing a perfect American accent, and came home and picked up my old accent again, while people like pic related never moved out of Canada yet speak more American than me.

My accent is like
youtube.com/watch?v=wAITudG7U00
I'm told it's like a west country accent mixed with a Scottish and Southern American accent.

I'm from a small fishing community. Everyone is mostly uneducated; I dropped out, but I still like to read and research.

Well this seems pretty accurate

It knows! When people hear me talk, they have no idea where I'm from. Apparently there are ways to tell that are too fine-grained for most people to pick up on.

What blows my mind is how many things I didn't have a word for. I never thought about the night before Halloween, I mean why would anyone? Caddy-corner? Who cares!

breh

I literally say "How are ye"
Hehe.
Some people say "How em ya". One chinese fella came to school and said "Teacher, what does 'Howemya' mean". Of course, she didn't understand, being from outside the community. She said to him "Use that in a sentence". And the Chinese fella replies "Well, I was on my way to the lockers, and my friend says 'Howemya?". She realizes "Oh, you're friend means 'How are you?' ".

4th gen Texan.

Pretty correct

Northern VA is literally Standard American

Yea that seems right.

From Massachusetts.
Its pretty accurate

Lmao, just noticed the darkest part inside Texas is where I was born.

Never set foot on on US soil. Learned British English in school

Boston accent.

It's called mat night

Who /Masshole/ here?

I kek'd on that one too.

Probably a cali hippie fag thing.

i'd say terrace

Anyone else not from Philly call a Hoagie a Hoagie? I be from Baltimore

>spicy hole pleasure
>jewgle chrome

This meme I like.

>oh wow your from florrreeeeeeddddiiiaaahh
faggot detected

Congratulations, this is what Boston people often sound like. It's accurate to say that swears are filler words.

youtube.com/watch?v=lTaVxTmB5k4

Dude, it's a sub.

It thinks I'm from Kentucky.

Not too far off.

finally finished my quiz too, Arlington is close enough for me to be pretty impressed

I've also lived in the UK for two years so I guess that has affected my pronounciation as well.

I do, but my dad's from philly.

When you say water, is it WAH-TER, or WUH-TER?

WAH-TAH

How do you pronounce any of these words?:

Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught

Apparently I should move to Corona in Cali but I live in Virginia.

sup fellow Minneapolis Sup Forumsster?
>you betcha

Aughnt, root, wahsh, oil, theatah, iahn, samin, carmel, fiyah, watah, shoah, data, roo-in, crayahn, toilet, New Orleahns, Pee-can, both, agen, probably, Alabama, Loyer, Coopon, manaise, seerup, pajamas, cot

youtube.com/watch?v=P8Vjd_hdYYw

>quiz just uses the location on your phone or computer
>fag thinks 'oh wow, this quiz is dead on!'

this

Are you retarded? The source explains how this works. Different Americans in different regions use different words and pronunciations for the same thing.

I'm in Leaveland OH

It told me i belonged in syria ?

except blacks took ya'll with them when theey spread out and now suburban white kids all over the country use y'all to imitate the cool black rappers they idolize

Your pronunciation seems kind of ugly but I keked heartily at the vid. If it's cool in practice, it's cool. Now that's American.

Nigga you oregon.

Ant
Rowt
Wah-sh
Oi-ill
i-urn
car-mel
fi-ur
wa-tur
shur
day-tuh
roo-in
kray-yawn
toy-let
new or-lins
pee-can
boe-th
ag-ain
probully
law-yer
koo-pon
seer-up
caut

nigger speak largely came from scottish/irish settlers

Am I the only one who's noticed white liberals talking like southern black women now?

I can attest to this. I'm in Portland and non-natives here unironically say "folks" and "ya'll".

I'm a student.

Hahaha! I wonder why, Ahmed.

In Massachusetts the liberals have the standard American TV accent, everyone else has at least a slight Massachusetts accent.

just use a VPN to test your theory then

Midwest? We have a similar accent.

/o:nt/
/ru:t/
/woʃ/
/oil/
/θi:tə/
/aiən/
/sæmn/
/kæræml/
/faiə/
/wo:tə/
/ʃo:r/
/deitə/
/ruin/
/kreijən/
/toilet/
/njy: orliənz/
/pi:kn/
/bouθ/
/agen/
/prababli/
/spiting imidʒ/
/ælæbæmə/
/loiə/
/ku:pən/
/meijəneiz/
/sirəp/
/pədʒaməz/
/ko:t/

>inb4 americans who don't know IPA

Nope, it detected my accent is Californian, but I currently live in Alaska.

NW Virginia

Thank fuck I'm not from fucking Texas.

Wow that's neat, im actually from and living in Louisville. We use half southern and half midwestern terms for everything. It's a weird place.

you accent is faggot

Pretty accurate b/c I'm from Vegas.

civilized folk incoming

also

>how the fuck do you pronounce "mary and merry the same, but marry different

mary and marry are clearly the same, but merry is different

Looks about right.

Agree, want to know who pronounces mary and merry the same and want them out of my country

eat shit, cunt. California is the 6th largest economy in the world

The first time I took it, I got all southern Florida cities like Miami.. Now I took it again with different questions and get California.

>6th generation Texan

oh yah eh?