Just a matter of time, I suppose

Just a matter of time, I suppose...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5oltd-Jsi2I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

For you

I think Zack Snyder is one of the worst directors in Hollywood, and that's purely from a technical point of view.

However there's something about Watchmen that is so gripping. Maybe it's the performances. Maybe it's the aesthetic that's straight out of the graphic novel. Maybe it's the tone, the music, the politics. It's actually such a good movie I'm almost mad that Snyder directed it because it could've been one of the best films ever made with a more competent director.

Oh well.

It's a joke. It's all a fucking joke.

DU DOU DU DOU DU DOU DU DOU

TUNUNANUNMNUANUANUNUM

It was an " unnmakeale" movie no studio wanted to touch for 20 years. It was only made because it was attached to Zach.

Hate him all you want. Some of the hate for him is sound... But not for this movie.

Still not as good as the actual comic

Although he did a really good job and as as supplemental film it is pretty good.

Maybe he shouldn't have ignored character defining costumes in favor for a joke but overall I don't think anyone is really saying he did a bad job.

*leans back*

WELL

HOT DIGGITY DAAAWWWWWWGGG

The ending was batter the the graphic novel and the only reason anyone ever shitted on the movie was because a bunch of fat neckbeards were pissed they didn't get to se a retarded nonsensical CGI vagina squid monster that would have aged like shit.

This is fact

>Maybe he shouldn't have ignored character defining costumes in favor for a joke
What?

>I think Zack Snyder is one of the worst directors in Hollywood, and that's purely from a technical point of view.
Please explain further

The idea to bring it back to the characters and replace the alien with a blue lightning attack was a good one

But the execution was fucking terrible.

The whole movie snyder masturbates to gore like in the outside fight scene with silk spectre and night owl and dr. manhatten explosions exploding blood and gore everywhere and Rorschach butchering that one guy with a meat cleaver over and over again.

But then when the comic was actually violent with the destruction of new york the movie basically skips over it. We only see some blue light and some people vanish in it

Its the exact opposite of how you should do it

So yeah he gets one point for the idea and loses two points for the fucking execution

And you sit back down you little pleb. Because you are too stupid for comic book discussion.

Ozymandias costume in the comic sort of looks Egyptian because he is a big Autist obsessed with that shit and that is why it was gold and regal looking.
In the Snyder movie Snyder wanted to mock the Batman and Robin movie and gave him a rubber suit with Nipples as a joke.

>It's a joke. It's all a fucking joke.

He's talking about Ozymandias' costume and how it has Batnipples.

>Ozymandias costume in the comic sort of looks Egyptian because he is a big Autist obsessed with that shit
>password is Rameses II
The smartest man alive indeed

>In the Snyder movie Snyder wanted to mock the Batman and Robin movie and gave him a rubber suit with Nipples as a joke.
I think they were trying to draw more attention to the fact Adrian was gay while disregarding something so cartoonishly over the top like the Egyptian theme costume and the Comedians gimp clown suit

>So yeah he gets one point for the idea and loses two points for the fucking execution

The execution was fine and going over board with the violence wasn't imperative to the story and probably would have killed the pacing considering he's in the middle of a scene with Nightowl and Rorschach

And you sit back down you little pleb. Because you are too stupid for comic book discussion.

no u

You can't even quote properly
Fucking hell user.
Back to plebbit
Right now.
You have been a bad boy.

Daily reminder that Ozymandius did nothing wrong.

>Maybe it's the aesthetic that's straight out of the graphic novel.
except zak snyder shits the bed on that one. sure it looks like a passable film. but it also looks like a zak snyder film™, not like the work put forth by gibbons and higgins

KaptainKristian is that you? Or are you just regurgitating something you saw in a YTP vid?

youtu.be/5oltd-Jsi2I

How would you adapt their weird coloring?

suck my dick

I don't know.
Are you the guy who said that taking the alien out was a good idea.
IF so you are clearly moviebob I guess
Remember no one on Sup Forums can have opinions on anything if someone else said similar things on youtube

You do realize that people who make these videos regurgitate what complains they find online?
Fucking underage on Sup Forums is getting rampant.

Not that guy but you almost verbatim say the same thing as KK when criticizing the alternate ending. All the other posters said was that he liked it. I have no idea what bob had to say about it.

But I said I liked the idea of the alternate ending just didn't like the execution

I am watching the video right now and he is only making the same complaints about the execution

That is only half my point.

Especially the Rorschach and Robber fight scene are things everyone complained about.
I didn't even mention the chainsaw because I don't remember. I just tried to find as many examples from memory as I could. If my opinion came from that video I wouldn't have missed some.

I'm not arguing that changing the style was the incorrect thing to do, all i said is that he doesnt get the aesthetics straight out of the graphic novel.

personally i would've liked to seen a rotoscoped watchmen movie, like a scanner darkly or waking life

The fucking Achilles-heel of Watchmen that brought it all down, was the soundtrack.

Holy shit.

The movie starts as the comic starts, with the dramatic murder of the character known as The Comedian. Shot very well, very stylish. Soundtrack: Unforgettable by Nat King Cole. Hmm… The ironic use of a touching old-timey ballad to contrast with the disturbing on-screen content. It worked when Terry Gilliam used What a Wonderful World at the end of Twelve Monkeys, but the dramatic effect of this technique has lessened ever since. But, fuck it, it’s the beginning of the movie, I’ll give it a shot, fine.

Next, opening credits. Song choice: The Times They Are A’Changing by Bob Dylan. In its entirety… Ok now. This is getting kinda Gumpy. Please tell me this isn’t going to be one of those Time Life soundtracks where they use blatantly iconic songs from the 20th century in a lazy attempt to give weight to the scenes…

That’s exactly what the entire movie was.

Every time I would be digging the film’s many awesome qualities, they’d plug in these tired movie music clichés.

IE:

Sound of Silence – Simon & Garfunkle: during a wistful ponderous scene

All Along the Watchtower – Jimi Hendrix: during an intense suspenseful scene

Ride of the Valkyries – Wagner: During a war scene

Mozart Requiem: After a main character dies…

Guh… and the rest.
The absolute worst though: Leonard Cohen’s Hallelujah during a graphic sex scene. No, not one of the many awesome, sexy covers of this song. The Leonard Cohen version. Now, I love this version, but it’s anything but sexy. It made the entire audience view the sex scene as a joke. It was almost grotesque.

In all seriousness, during the moments when these songs were used (usually in their entirety!) it brought this highly polished professional film down to the level of a high school class project. They were an awkward blight that pulled a well-crafted film into the depths of banality.

Normies eat that shit up though.
I know for a FACT that if you have a wacky scene with silly things happening and you hear "TONIGHT, I'M GONNA HAVE MYSELF A REAL GOOD TIME-" then Reddit will ABSOLUTELY, FULLY and FREELY destroy the cinema with semen.

what people don't understand is that he also has to keep the blockbuster checklist in mind, like action scenes and simplicity of the plot, this doesn't always guarantees you high box office but execs sure know that a movie can still make money as forgettable popcorn entertainment even if it misses the point of the source material.

This is because you know absolutely nothing about movie-making. This film is a masterpiece because the comic was considered impossible to adapt and it had become a joke in Hollywood, nobody expected to get back the budget needed to adapt it correctly and it obviously needed changes to work on the screen so the autist fans were going to hate it either way.

Zack Snyder pulled it off and only because of that it's not the worst director in hollywood. A feat like this makes him probably one of the BEST blockbuster directors working today, regardless of the flaws the scripts he picks sometimes have

No one can deny that

>and only because of that it's not the worst director in hollywood
Jesus Christ I'll never understand how you pussies hate 300, MoS, and BvS so god damn much.

>And You sit back down you little pleb. Because you are too stupid for comic book discussion.

I read this in R lee Ermey's voice and holy shit my sides.