Yfw Luke is killed off in Episode 9 and Rey becomes the new face of the franchise because Hamill doesn't want to be in...

>Yfw Luke is killed off in Episode 9 and Rey becomes the new face of the franchise because Hamill doesn't want to be in Star Wars now that both his friends have left.

Why would that bother him, exactly? He didn't have any scenes with them in TFA either.

remember force tree?

>now that both his friends have left.

Fuck, I never thought of it that way. Poor Hamill's all alone ;_;

What's wrong with that? Passing the torch is a good thing.

>killed off in episode 9

So two more films then.

Force tree looks like dagobah 2.0

>you don't hang out with coworkers on set

its like youre as dumb as a rat but you can type

He still has Chewbacca and C3PO.

honestly I feel like this should just make him want to stay on board with it to till end even more you know?

he really is their last hope now

Is he not friends with the guys who play Chewbacca and C3-P0?

pretty sure the OT trio will be killed off by 9. ford wanted out since empire, mark wanted to do EU before there was EU but george didn't want to.

pretty sure carrie was killed off in viii before she actually died, and mark will die in ix. rey technically is the face of the franchise right now, but who knows, she might get to do what mark didn't, getting to continue her character in x-xii.

They were on completely different sets, and Luke's 1 munute of scene can be filmed in a day, dumbass. They weren't filming together.

I doubt they'd kill of Luke. He's the face of the OT. They'd likely just relegate him to some Yoda role.

Also, at the point Luke should be astronomically more powerful than anyone else. Killing him off in a way that doesn't feel forced will be difficult.

What are they going to do with his character anyway? He runs into the same wall that killed Obi Wan. He's an old master and the chosen one, among the most powerful Jedi who ever lived. The fuck is the main character supposed to do with him around?

I mean, they could put him on a bus like they did with Obi Wan in the prequels I guess. Have him do B plots when not training Rey?

Idk. I'm not seeing a bright future for Luke.

>Hamill was totally on set apart from his half a day of filming on a random island with Rey on the other side of the world from the other filming locations

>They'd likely just relegate him to some Yoda role.

You're kidding if you think they won't kill him off just like Yoda.

>Hey Luke we're shooting star wars with your old friends but DO NOT come to set on the day they are working WE WILL FIRE YOU

t. retarded as fuck

>ford wanted out since empire
Ford wanted out of everything since forever yet he keeps doing it. He secretly loves it

But maybe the young cast can be A New Hope?

I wish we could have had a male protagonist though

why does it matter?

because I relate to a schlub like Luke better

also having a woman in danger feels like a cheap ploy to emotionally manipulate me

Kylo Ren will kill Luke in VIII to show that he is now hot shit after conpleting hod training with Snookie.

Screencap this

His training*

>Hamill
>face of the franchise
lmao

that sounds more like a personal problem.

ikr

it probably is, but you have to admit she's not a great actress

No way. Disney is greedy as fuck, but they aren't stupid. There's no way Kylo can beat Luke when even Snoke is afraid of him.

Disney has been hyping up Luke and Vader in their new canon comics and shit. Pre-ESB Luke is now strong enough to shake an entire Star Destroyer with the Force, albeit enraged and unwittingly.

My guess is that they're gonna give us a big scene in VIII where Luke just straight up destroys everyone like Vader in R1.

based luke

Isn't Luke some fucking God-tier force wielder? Like isn't the nigger able to meld directly with the force and become a being of light or some horseshit? People have described him in combat as fighting with 30 light sabers at once using the force.

He's absurdly fucking overpowered. Gaylow Faglord would literally shit himself if he attempted that shit.

>cant open the image

fucking australia

I'm still holding my breath for an adequate explanation for why Luke didn't just fix the Kylo problem as soon as it arose.

Pacifism? Fortune telling lead him to an unconventional conclusion? What?

Kill yourself.

He was probably not there when his students were killed. I assume he just got depressed, said "fuck this shit" and left.

There's absolutely no way Kylo can defeat Luke if he cant' even beat Rey. Yes, I know he wasn't at 100%, but still.

There were leaks a while back that said Luke left to search for some ancient Jedi weapon that could defeat Snoke. It was probably bullshit though.

>I'm still holding my breath for an adequate explanation for why Luke didn't just fix the Kylo problem as soon as it arose

Because Kylo's his nephew and the son of his sister/best friend, he's not just gonna mercilessly euthanize the little faggot.

Luke didn't kill his dad who was an evil robot responsible for untold galactic carnage, I'm not sure why you think he's going to kill his angsty teenage nephew.

So he had the same opportunity to visit his friends that he's had for almost 4 decades?

The issue is that the scene was so good in R1 cause Vader just rampaged and came across as a menace in an almost horror film sort of way. I don't think it would suit Lukes character unless he gets really pissed off.

They need to kill him off or he'd have to be one of the main protagonists. Just like every other 'Yoda role' (AKA Kenobi role, AKA Solo role, AKA reformed Vader role)

As soon as things get a little difficult, Jedi fuck off.
Just look at the prequels. Both Yoda and Obi wan did nothing for roughly 20 years after the Emperor got power.

Killing Kylo doesn't change anything, his students are still dead and his nephew has embraced the dark side.

Maybe he's trying to bring him back, to prove that if he can reclaim Kylo then there is a reason to continue being a Jedi Master. Otherwise the reality is that even if 1/100 Jedi become Sith, it's still too many.

Is Luke asexual as fuck or what? He wanted to fuck the Princess for a while but now he's just some old lame fag on an island?

I cant think of a good way to do this though. What could the weapon even be without it just looking stupid.

Except that it's a completely different context when you're back on a film set shooting the franchise that made you all become friends?

Are you so fucking retarded you don't understand things? Dont answer because I know youll just lie

>I doubt they'd kill of Luke. He's the face of the OT.
That's exactly why they would kill him off.

Luke as an icon threatens Rey, it doesn't give her the room to grow.

Luke has to die if Rey is to take the spotlight

This isn't Luke's MO at all though. In fact it's pretty much his arc that he's a new face on an old religion. He fixed the old Jedi problems. Shit like running away and not actually following through with their belief system. Luke is a pacifist but he isn't a runner. He is the idealized application of the better aspects of the old Jedi code with consideration for some of the positives that got misattributed to the dark side/Sith.

I got the feeling that Luke left because he was so unbelievably pissed off that he was worried he'd fall to the dark side of he went after Snoke.

It would explain why Snoke was so afraid of him that he decided the best course of action to kill him was to build a weapon that blew up entire systems

These. Luke brought back Vader. Maybe he believes he can redeem Kylo as well.

Luke never had proper Jedi training.

Could be. I'm sure Luke realizes that if he fell to the dark side he'd be a bigger threat to the galaxy than even Sidious.

Discounting the prequels, what even is 'proper Jedi training'?

the fuck is your problem, im from straya and can open it

How about any kind of training? Luke spent a couple of hours with Ben and a few days max with Yoda.

He doesn't need to rampage, he just needs to kick ass. There's 7 Knights of Ren, right? I could see Rey rematching with Kylo, while Luke nukes the other 6.

>a few days max with Yoda
It was way longer than that. He was a man when he returned. His entire demeanor in Return of the Jedi was different.

8-9: lightsaber classes with Yoda
9-11: Why Sith are evil and should always be killed on sight.
11-12: Why you can't have any strong feelings at all and should be a pacifist
13-14: How to spot a Sith
14-15: Storytime with chancellor Sheev
The rest is walking around in the Jedi temple, talking about droid attacks on the Wookies.

It would make a lot more sense, since it would give Rey a reason to fight, lose and not, die if Luke's there to bail her ass out

>pottery

>It was way longer than that.

No, it wasn't unless you think Vader was on Bespin for months.

> He was a man when he returned. His entire demeanor in Return of the Jedi was different.
Yeah, in RotJ, not in ESB. There is a time skip between them, you know.

rip in peace

He's a white male in Disney's forced diversity Star Wars. Of course they're going to kill him off so Rey becomes the new face of Star Wars.

You're sort of right. They get paired with a Jedi Master when they're 12-13 and set off to space adventures.

reminder that luke will never share another scene with han and now leia

thanks JJ

what am i looking at here

At this point I think they might keep him around because Han and Leia both dying as complete failures is a bit too depressing for Star Wars

He led a new Order

He failed

He was already a failure before episode 7 began

Yeah but Luke can still fix his mistakes
Han and Leia can't

Rey has very little to no room to grow as it is already. She's so good she doesn't really need Luke to teach her anything she probably can't do herself.

Well, that wasn't gonna happen no matter what thanks to Ford finally killing off Han. Luke could have scenes with Leia, though.

>Han dies
>Luke will die
>Carrie actually dies
It's like he planned this to happen

Holy shit I look just like young Hamill

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

>Killing him off in a way that doesn't feel forced will be difficult.
>doesn't feel forced

No one is friends with the guy who plays C3P0

Looks like he forgot to put his teeth in

>spending your whole day cleaning out the dust from your hand
>taking it apart
>polishing the rust off and oiling it because you can't afford a glove

Since when did Luke become such a bum?

They should have made sure to keep him around regardless; rebuilding the Jedi is Luke's right and killing him off just to shuffle focus onto Rey more overtly would be lazy writing. Luke's incipient order being destroyed is already convenient and lazy, along with Snoke's entire existence and the First Order in general.

Moreover, Kylo getting fucked up and subsequently fucking up the way he does is something that feels jarringly incongruous with the Like we come to know by RotJ's end. He was demonstrated to be perceptive and empathetic in a way that Obi-Wan and Yoda--though more wise--never were. It would be even more lazy for the story to end with Luke making similar mistakes. Had TFA set up a different story with a different setting they could have afforded to kill Luke, but they didn't. Even with Leia surviving it would have been a bad move.

fake

>77
Star Wars was released in 1977

Those racists user will never listen to you, fellas.

Anthony Daniels is a cunt so no

>turning down retirement money

So was Luke just standing around on that tiny little island looking wistfully at the ocean for like an entire decade waiting day after day and year after year for someone to bother tracking him down?

What even was the fucking purpose of needing to track down Luke? Why was that the central plot point of the entire movie?

No he was living in a hut on said island and feeding the puffins.

Can't they bring back Lando?

You mean from that one comic about Poe's Mom and Luke raiding a base together. I thought I was the only one who read that.

post fece

Wow it's almost like they left some thing unexplained for the next two movies.

WOW

With Ford gone he gets top billing again. With Fisher dead he is even more important. Hamill may be behind this after all.

The main thing that would be shit about Luke dying is how little he really accomplished. The reboot decided to be gay and reset everything. The Jedi order is destroyed, again. The not-Empire threatens the galaxy, and the not-Sith must be destroyed. Luke has done sweet fuck all, Vader and Sheev might as well still be in power.

>i-it's not badly written! it's SUSPENSEFUL!

JJ is a hack who writes movies as if they were pilot episodes for a TV show like Lost.

>Snookie
keked

>Rey kills Luke
>Turns Darkside
>Kylo eventually gets pulled to the Lightside
>Kills Rey

A film set is not a place you go to hang out with friends and Mark Hamill isn't an 8 year old with no responsibilities.

This is the truth

NIGGERS