What do you think about them?

i think they are pretty fucking bad

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ma9I9VBKPiw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They were pretty good in their earliest years, now they're mediocre as fuck

i think alex is pretty fucking hot

Their early shit was great

Their first 3 LPs are pretty great and solid. Suck it and See is enjoyable, AM is a mess.

literally whomst

yeah i think they are basic as fuck """"alternative indie"""" music for normies. they haven't done something slightly interesting in a long time

Great band, always changing their sound from album to album.
Also check out The Last Shadow Puppets, a duo by Alex and Miles Kane.

As a drummer, I admire Matt a lot. The fact that the fucker wrote The View from the Afternoon and other similar songs at 17-18, and being self.taught, is impressive as fuck.

Literally who? Please give some context when posting a picture of a bunch of completely average dudes named Matt, Josh, and Tim

I always felt bad for that guy that played bass on the first album and then got given the shove

The bass on the first album is the best

good band A.M wasn't that great though, only contrarians have a distain for them.

Yeah , you tell em guys!! they're basic as fuck , they don't make interesting alternative avant garde music that you will approve of ! Making music for a more mainstream audience?? FUCK THEM...
I'm not even close to being an Arctic Monkeys fan but the level of entitlement around here is pretty fucking high

they aren't bad because they aren't avant garde, but because their music isn't really interesting for what it is

They're fucking terrible. They're from my home city so I have to put up with them often, it's like a city-wide pride thing, you HAVE to like the Arctic Monkeys. I genuinely hate them with all my heart and hope each one fucking dies a slow, long, painful death.

Alex Turner's a decent lyricist, so I wish he'd follow the style he adopted for the Submarine EP more with the Arctic Monkeys.

I kind of feel like they've fallen victim to their own development; they went from being basically a lightweight, childish version of The Libertines, to a really inconsistent songwriting-heavy band, to finally a super stylish, "GQ-core" band where it's all style and no substance or actual songs, so the songs are shit.

I love this song, though:
youtube.com/watch?v=ma9I9VBKPiw

Is that Drake Bell and his band?

turner is actually a breddy clever lyricist but he started to dumb himself for the plebes.

They’re ok I guess. I like the last shadow puppets better.

I wasn't that into AM either but I think that many people around here are way too judgmental and pretentious

I hope their new album turns things around.

yeah sure, but don't yout think that a big amount of it is just bait ?

If they just released a few albums and then pulled a Strokes Sup Forums would suck their northern cocks.

They got too popular and now the contrarians have convinced themselves that WPSIATWIN isn't better than the majority of noughts indie rock.

Their first three albums were great, fourth was shit and the last one meh.
Alex remains a great lyricist and vocalist and I look forward to their next album. I hope it's more fast paced like the old stuff yet with an AM vibe to it.

This. Since they've blown up in the USA they're suddenly too mainstream to like because 16 year old girls like them as well.

Or maybe they just don't fucking like them? The quality of their work has objectively gone downhill since their first projects.
The first album was great, the first eps were pretty good, the second album was pretty decent. The rest is kinda meh for the most part for me

People who dislike bands for getting popular are such faggots, i remember before A.M. came out everyone was saying Arctic Monkeys are pretty good especially praising WPSIA, then they get popular and popular in the US (They've always been popular in the UK) then all the faggot contrarians come out of the wood work denouncing everything they've ever made. Main point being is that 99% of you faggots loved them before A.M., Must just be a demographic change of Sup Forums since the people turning 18 and coming on the board have grown up with Arctic monkeys being incredibly popular.

sincerely not even a big Arctic Monkey's fan.

>inb4 faggot
>inb4 nice blog post

nice blog post faggot

Favourite Worst Nightmare> Whatever People Say That's What I'm Not> Humbug> AM> Suck it and See

It's not because they got famous it's because they watered down their sound and became bland as fuck

Fucking brainlet

he quit on his own. he fucked himself, he'd be rich and famous as fuck if he just stuck it thorugh

i hate them
their music isn't that bad, but it's the effect they've had on the local music scene that proper does my nut in
every lad in a band from Northern England tries to sound like them and it's boring now desu
when i was at school there were no less than 3 different bands that sounded exactly like Arctic Monkeys

yeah how is this so hard to get ? nobody has a problem with them being famous, it's because their music just isn't interesting anymore. it's just standard bland indie rock

Btw they released festival dates this morning, so new music is likely to be released soon

that's the reason i made this thread. was pretty disappointed, because i really wished for mbv and/or slowdive

first album is pretty good

i think the first one and humbug are pretty good, thats it tho

First two albums are what the smiths were in the early 80s and the libertines in the early 2000s for the late 2000s.

The rest is buttrock.