Daily reminder that despite technological advances and related academic curriculum...

Daily reminder that despite technological advances and related academic curriculum, all popular music post-1900 is tired, ignoble and redundant rubbish devoid of any musical or artistic merit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O5b7tgkdFH0
youtube.com/watch?v=qjGEIXZH-Qg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>popular music before 1900
>not being tired, ignoble and redundant rubbish

But music only began in 1910

Meh anyone past Bach was just doing the same shit with new instrumentation. If youre going to pull the elitist card just end the conversation at Bach. No one touched him not even your edgey indie artist Ludvig van B. At least Satie intended his music to be trash and boring.

furniture music > classical era

fucking pleb

Not really.

youtube.com/watch?v=O5b7tgkdFH0
>1935

You have poor reading comprehension so Ill use a similie. Bach is like eating a stake, but sometimes we feel like having your mom. We know she is a gross pig and we enjoy defiling her for the novelity. There isnt need for muliple forms of steak. We have Bach and when we feel like just ruining someone we got your mom and satie. Got it?

>Bach
refer to this post in the other thread: The fact that you even think this is ridiculous as it's nowhere even being close to true.

Nah, especially post-WW2 popular music actually finally found its niche in terms of being energetic, aggressive music that delivers a visceral intensity that art music can't. Popular music before the 20th century couldn't stand up to art music in any way, shape, or form.

>technological advances and related academic curriculum
wew lad.

>ah yes
>reeding compreehenshun
>stake
>ahhh yes mm hmm

stings a bit?

>WW2

Oh great, it's that ass hole making THIS thread again.

Redpill: You can't compare a late Beethoven string quartet to a pop tune. It's retarded. They live in different dimensions, serve difference purposes. Art, pop and traditional music are useless to compare between each other. What you could and in my opinion should do however if you want to be some kind of music enthusiast is give every sound on the planet a chance and understand the context in which it was made. Listen to 80s hip-hop, listen to Alexander Scriabin, listen to sacred medieval European classical music like Hildegard, listen to traditional music by Mande peoples etc. Music is a universal language that is both ugly and beautiful, both fun and depressing, give it all a shot and stop shitting on people for enjoying different music and stop masturbating to your own interpretation of "the highest art" and actually contribute something. You're not trying to educate people, you're trying to make yourself seem cultured and intelligence but you're just a massive asshat. Oh, and I could make a case that Godorowsky pisses all over your Beethoven, if I wanted to. But I won't because I understand the different contexts their music was made in.

In conclusion: OP is a faggot.

Edison killed music

Recording killed music

Production killed music

Technology killed music

intelligent* fuck

But don't get me wrong, I think most popular music is shitty and people should listen to more art and traditional music but this is not the way to convince people.

Music was fine until WW2 desu

daily reminder that OP is a faggot

this is idiotic

the lack of sense? Yes.

>Being this far up one's own ass

Get this through your pleb skulls.

Literally all classical and jazz are shit-tier. The exposition is the part that actually takes genius then the rest is filler at best, wankey at worst.

Can't believe it took the creation of popism to put an end to that junk.

In pop the whole song is supposed to be interesting. There's usually at least two great ideas, a verse and chorus. Or on the experimental end you have many interesting sections. In classical and jazz they just wank over the one or two good ideas they had at the start. Jazz is the worst for it since the development isn't even supposed to be good in itself, it's them trying to make up something good on the spot which is incredibly stupid since good stuff takes time and effort and doesn't come spontaneously.

Poptism saved music.

Literally.

/thread

I respect the fact that you can spew your opinion everywhere, but that doesn't mean i respect this opinion of yours. You gotta read up on your classical bud.
>anyone past Bach was just doing the same shit
NOT TRUE IN THE SLIGHTEST I REPEAT THE SLIGHTEST
Wikipedia is probably helpful for ya ;')

>Get this through your pleb skulls.
>an opinion even more pleb and retarded than OP

>pleb skull
stop projecting brainlet

Get a load of OP thinking he's cooler than the room for listening to 200 year old music.

Get out the way while I blast my 800 year old music...
youtube.com/watch?v=qjGEIXZH-Qg

that's just foolish... in the 1700s people said tempered tuning destroyed music. either you allow progress in music or you deny it completely. In my opinion synthesizers open a completely new vast space for composers which has been explored only to a tiny amount today

You mean Prokofiev? Shostakovich? Ravel? Emerson, Lake and Palmer? First four albums of King Crimson? The latter two are the real neo-classics.

>Emerson, Lake and Palmer? First four albums of King Crimson?
underage detected

Explain yourself.
>replying to bait

>devoid of any musical or artistic merit.
How is this measured?

what the fuck do Jazz and Classical have to do with each other faggot

entropy

>good stuff takes time and effort and doesn't come spontaneously.
user...I....

>In pop the whole song is supposed to be interesting. There's usually at least two great ideas
you have no fucking clue about music, have you?

and more than that, recording as a plastic medium that permits manipulation

did you see the part where that poster got BTFO

get tested for ADD/ADHD

>referring to bogposter

I've seen this exact bait before.

Does music innately have any musical or artistic merit? I'll let you decide.

But the answer is no.

This is good bait copy pasta. I've seen it before.

I'M ON SOME ROB A NIGGA SHIT