Is this the greatest film of the 2000's?

Is this the greatest film of the 2000's?

Other urls found in this thread:

theyshootpictures.com/21stcentury.htm
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

7th best

Children of Men (2006)

[citation needed]

theyshootpictures.com/21stcentury.htm

77777777th best

what is 77777776th?

I liked The Piano Teacher but this one went over my head.

Nice I just bought this to watch it this evening

Not even Haneke's greatest film of the 2000's. I still really like Cache.

Good shit. Fav Hanekino.

Someone explain the ending scene please.

There is no singular universal answer.

Movies aren't puzzles which you have to put together in a certain kind of way to "get" them.

That elevator scene was tense as fuck.
Brilliant use of shot composition and framing for maximum effect.

But calling it "the greatest film of the 2000's" is a bit of a stretch.

What did it mean to you?

Boyhood

Idk about that but it sure is a masterpiece.

Just thinking about this film gives me goosebumps.

Das Leben der Anderen

Heard it's too similar to The Conversation (1974), is it true ?

>Is this the greatest film of the 2000's?

Yes this unimpressive low budget hipster shit will eventually be remembered alongside Apocalypse Now and The Godfather.

You could at least make a better impression of pretending to know what you're talking about

I haven't heard the word "hipster" in quite a while lmao

So what else is in your top 5 there? Green Room? Synecdoche New York? Jake Gyllenhals filmography? Cool.

>La Republique Cuckuese

If we are talking after what will be remembered after 2000's

City of God
No Country for Old Men
Pan's Labyrinth
Children of Men
The Assassination of Jesse James

Cute, but you still are the retard who hasn't seen a film and tries to take it down with dumb hoping-they-are-right buzzwords.

I've seen it. It's ok. I've seen plenty of other movies too. If you wanna pretend this is the best of the 2000's because it is a left-field choice then you are trying way too hard.

Cache is a trite little story that desperately wants its bougie festival audience to feel uncomfortable with their lives and their choices which are inevitably a microcosm of brown people who get fucked over by said choices on a daily basis, at least according to Haneke's finger-wagging race-baiting anti-western parables. Pretty much all of his movies are like this, at least the ones people give a shit about.

I didn't even care about the story, I admired the execution and the characters.

Haneke's static camera choices with smart framing were serving the narrative perfectly in this movie, while in the rest of his work similar choices felt forced and called attention to itself.

Yes.

I don't think it's best of the 2000's, but that first post is obviously by someone who entered the thread without having ever seen the film and wanted to shitpost.

Code Unknown utilizes the static, unflinching camera and the claustrophobic characterization in a superior way. It's really Haneke's only perfect movie (perfect for Haneke at least).