Hellboy and capeshit

Since all this money is being put into and getting made by capeshit, why isn't Hellboy and the Mignolaverse getting its own cinematic universe? The material is better defined than most Marvel and DC shit, there's no decades' and decades' worth self-contradictory canon to worry about, no different interpretations of the characters to consider. Just take some of the best comics ever made and turn them into a bunch of movies and shows. Easy money.

Ron Perlman is too old and Hellboy doesn't make the big bucks

You can cast someone else.
And Iron Man didn't make the big bucks before 2008 either. Guardians of the Galaxy were literal who's. Look at them all now.

Um, have you ever even read Hellboy? Hellboy comics are short story anthologies based on various folklores, there's nothing even remotely defined about it, most of the time mignola just re-adapts some ridiculous old tale he's read as a kid, it's not exactly easy to turn that into a series of films

Who would you cast?

>there's nothing even remotely defined about it, most of the time mignola just re-adapts some ridiculous old tale he's read as a kid, it's not exactly easy to turn that into a series of films
Strange Tales is not indicative of the whole franchise, user.
>nothing even remotely defined about it
Does Hellboy have multiple different origin stories? Does Abe? Does Liz? Does Roger? No. They're pretty defined when compared to the Big Two characters.

I don't know. Who would YOU cast?

Taylor Lautner

I've always wanted a cinematic universe with supernatural monsters instead of superheroes. I guess Universal is trying that now but I have no doubt they'll fuck it up, christ did you see Dracula Untold?

No. Will Cruise be the lynchpin of the Universal Monster shared universe like Downey Jr. was for Marvel?

Jon Hamm

Woody Harrelson! That's the man we need.

It would work amazingly well as a tv show though. Why hasn't HBO or Netflix picked up the rights yet?

>B.P.R.D. will never be on Netflix
Just frog my shit up.

if the movi is both good and successful maybe, but i doubt it.
yeah it would make a good show, but no one makes horror shows anymore, just teen dramas with vampires

Well we've got the vampire-bit covered at least.

>vampires who attack and drink from humans
>vampires who aren't sexy and troubled

eeeewww

Netflix seems to be willing to take quite a few risks lately. I mean, something like A series of unfortunate events or Stranger Things didn't exactly look more mainstream marketable than Hellboy does.

What ARE vampires nowadays?

Hunks with superpowers, I guess

I dunno, The Strain is fairly popular and basically features a nightmare version of the Blade 2 vampire. Which, coincidentally was designed by Mignola and Del Toro.

Well that's not disgusting or creepy at all.

the Strain is popular vecause it's a Zombie Apocalypse show masquerading as a vampire show