Frank.

+ You forgot Italian.

>make frank territory great again
>genocide germanics tribes
Hmmm

Frank

He was Germanic

Wh*tes try to act like they're diverse. How cute

France and Germany didn't exist at Charlemagne's time, it was one big country that contained all of France and a part of Germany (and then he conquered the other part)

Beside we don't know where, in the Frankish Empire, he was born, so he isn't really French or German, but still a founding father of the two countries, which is why he is widely used as a symbol of cooperation between the two nations (from SS divisions to a European union price)

Dumb nip

>symbol of cooperation

disgusting tb h

We are diverse people
Respect our culture

He was Luxembourgish

Μέγας Κάρολος was a Greek

Stop lying sneaky albanian subhumans

he was a subhuman

he was probably some sort of gaulish frankish mix like most people in that area back then and today. the idea that anyone at that time was just 1 thing as if they were totally isolated and appeared in a vacuum separated from everything else on the planet is dumb. it's like how the english have more native celtic briton genes than they do anglo saxon germanic ones - because newcomers in history almost always mix in with the local inhabitants. the same thing happened with germanic franks settling into celtic gaul lands

read

What were the people who lived there at the time?

Weren't they mostly mixs of Celts and Germanic migrators?

Have i found a good middleground?

Sahala Mamadou was Malian

They were Latinized "Celts".

More or less what i meant.

>Charlemagne
>Charles le Magne

Hmm

this

He hated the Germanic peoples more than anyone else and considered himself separate from them.

He destroyed their religion in an aspects, fucked up the Irminsul, etc. etc. I think he thought of himself as better because he adopted Roman culture.

A Romanized Frank is probably the best answer.

>people STILL dont know Carlo Magno was italian. shaking my head to be honest family.
this guy knows what's up though

His kids would often go to what is now Germany to perform massacres and raping sprees for fun.
Not even a joke.

He looks a bit like Varg.

French obviously , do you know that French is called frankreich in german

Carol cel Mare was romanian from moldova

I thought Frank-reich is a vestigial name of a time long ago where there was a German group called Frank's who got absorbed by y'all.

The association with the geographic region remained well after the fall of the Germanic Franks

Carlomagno was a visigoth refugee born in the imperial city of Toledo.

>born In the province of Luik where the Frankish language was spoken
>moves the capital of the Frankish Empire to Aken, a few km's from his birthplace
I think he was a Frank who spoke the Frankish/old dutch language.

And why is Germany called Alemannia in french?

He was a German that became the first French.
Yes Germans invented France now end of story.

/Thread

He was Dutch/Belgian.

Obviously an Ashkenazi from Magneza.

Dutch are Germans tho.
Come back ins Reich.

He spoke old high german

>He spoke old high german
not really.
The old Rhine-Frankish was a lower German dialect.
Closest to it is modern Dutch.

He was Frankish of Gallo-Roman descent.

That's not Charlemagne, that's Louis Cachet

The last time you tried didn't went well. We don't want to be a region without any purpose, like Hessen. Don't forget that the map of Europe would look very unaesthetic. You have the land, we have the seas.

He was a pure-blooded Gael like all emperors.

there's a region called franconia (Franken) in Germany (dark blue) and several frankish dialects (the coloured parts)

we are brothers, you and i

One thing is sure, he will always be remembered as Charlemagne or Carolus Magnus.

>Was he French or German?
He was shqiptar

Nah, like the rulers of brittain, the visgotths in spain and nowadays morroco they were a germanic elite that ruled after having conquered those roman dudes/celts.

But in the end they got assimilated like the mongols did in china.

So he was a latinised germanic dude ruling over romano-gauls which allready had started to mix.

>Trigger warning.

unironically this, he was from Lotharingia

Romanised Frank, yes.

Karol Wielki was Polish.

True, they assimilated their frankish ruling class.

>He hated the Germanic peoples more than anyone else

He didn't, according to Einhard Charlemagne ordered to create a grammar of his mother tongue (which was Germanic as we know) and to preserve old Germanic songs. You are equating paganism with Germanics which is complete nonsense since many Germanic tribes were already christianized.

Karolus Magnus was a Roman. Hence Holy ROMAN Empire.

>killing a few thousands saxons who were raiding your shit
>genocide

Charles the Great did nothing wrong