Will there ever be a good videogame film? After the failures of Assassin's Creed and Warcraft...

Will there ever be a good videogame film? After the failures of Assassin's Creed and Warcraft, i think the only possible route is animation. A animated Zelda movie would be amazing.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vbMQfaG6lo8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>hes never seen the pure kino that is Postal

pleb. kys.

>Will there ever be a good videogame film?
yes, and it was called Resident Evil

wasnt there an animated ratchet and clank movie that no one talks about?

>A animated Zelda movie would be amazing.
No it wouldn't you manchild. The problem with these video game adaptions is that video games never have a good story. A good atmosphere and world maybe, but the plot to these games is usually garbage. It's just one excuse after the next to get to the next McGuffin Temple. So you have to make up a completely new story from scratch, and it ends up being generic mediocrity every time.

Not to mention that you had the stupidity to suggest a franchise with a silent protagonist. Why would that EVER make a good adaption? I mean, if the story sucks, you would want to pick a franchise with interesting characters, but Zelda doesn't have a single one. Not to mention that a silent protagonist for a kids movie is a disaster waiting to happen.

You just like Zelda and want to see it adapted. But it wouldn't work and never will. If you disagree then go ahead and embarrass yourself trying to piece together a coherent screenplay for it.

sorry mate
youtube.com/watch?v=vbMQfaG6lo8

>a 4 minute remake of the game's opening trailer constitutes a good videogame film

It's not a videogame film, you fucktard.
It's just the proof that you can do something good with animation and a videogame.

Ass is Red hasn't even come out yet

All my points are still valid, you just skirted them by posting something only 4 minutes long. There's still no interesting characters or story.

If you say there isn't interesting aspects of a Zelda game to use for a movie you just don't have any imagination user and it's just sad for you.

You don't have to use the linearity of the temples or the step-by-step repetitive gameplay of a game. You use the main plot/story, the main threat, etc., and then you develop on the adventure Link have to face.

For example, take Majora's Mask.
You make Young Link wandering in the lost woods and the you make the events of the prologue occur. Then Link appears in Termina. You expose the threat of the moon and the fact that he has three days to save the world, by "healing" the four territories of Termina from the curses of Majora. Then the movie becomes a travelling adventurer doing some cool stuff in a swamp, in the mountains, in the ocean and in a deserted valley. Or you can rewrite that part for it the be less annoying or repetitive but with the same goals aka restoring balance in Termina/saving the giants. Then shit goes on with the moon and the giants and the final battle with majora.
The end.

You're fucking stupid user

I don't think so, vidya plot has become even worse than before. It went from silly fiction/b movie plot to rejected young adult dialogue.

Nobody in hollywood will treat vidya as anything other than easy cashgrab. People like Uwe Boll is one of the few directors out there that really wanted to make decent vidya adaptations, but unfortunately he sucks, and yet still managed to make a great Postal film.

There are vidya universes perfect for original scripts, I'm thinking Fallout, GTA and Deus Ex just to name a few; however I doubt any producer would want to spend money on a vidya name instead of associating it to more popular franchises (in GTA case, Fast and the Furious).

>fast and furious
>liked by anyone except for mexicans and fucking white bogans

Bro, I love Majora's Mask more than my immediate family, and I think this is a terrible idea.

Don't get me wrong, MM has a very resonant, eerie and occasionally thought-provoking story to it, but a movie would still be a bad idea. It's not quite as important to determine how to make a movie adaptation, as it is to determine why a movie should be made in the first place. The game is fine as it is, and the story works brilliantly for that medium. If you think a movie is a good idea, I view that as a passive admission that the game is not good enough as it is, which I vehemently disagree with.

Games are art, famm. They don't need to be turned into movies to be justified as such. Stop seeing movies as the default art form.

>GTA
>liked by anyone except for mexicans and fucking white bogans
literally the same audience

This, but only the first one. After the survival horror spoopy zombie shit of the first one, it seemed to just go to some weird action packed scifi movie. I don't know how to explain it clearly but you probably know what I mean if you've watched a few of them. I only made it halfway through the third.

1v1 me at Clock Tower midnight three days from now. I'll fuck your shit up nigga. I played the fuck outta that game.

Heh, the timing is almost perfect too. Look at the date.

San Andreas was vidyakino though.

Not denying it, GTA V and Vice City were also pretty good.

Majoras Mask is one of my top 3 fag games of all time and I agree.
The major part of the adventure that is Majora's Mask is living it.
Being the one to save individuals or help a random person is what gives the tragic story life.
A movie wouldn't give you that feeling.

Games are fundamentally a very different medium from movies in that they're interactive. What made Majora's Mask so memorable was the player's involvement in the storylines of some two dozen characters largely via observing and participating in the events of their daily livesby being in the right moment at the right time... this kind of immersion is something that movies can't replicate because they're entirely passive: a story is told which the audience just watches. Naturally, the kind of plot that makes a videogame good won't make for a good movie, and vice versa.

>le interesting story meme

Top pleb

I sincerely hope they never try to make a Spyro movie.
Gateway to Glimmer is the peak of dragonkino.

Fuck I need to replay 1-3 soon.

I think you could approximate something like that in film. One thing I thought about with a Majora's Mask movie is Link returning to a place he's already saved only to see it back to the way it was before. For instance, in the ranch storyline with the alien abduction, the little girl gets taken or brainwashed if you don't help her out. I would have Link meet/help her in one cycle only for him to realize later that everything resets and rush to the ranch to find her gone. Show him getting burned out and depressed that nothing he's doing is really changing anything.

Will it ever be topped?

>franchise with a silent protagonist
pokemon