Why do some of you dislike black artists?

Why do some of you dislike black artists?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ccsciGmF5nI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

sick album sick movie

No one here has anything bad to say about good black artists.

Bump because I accidentally saged

I don't, without them we wouldn't have motown soul

what kinda movie is it? blacksploitation? not that I care, but love the soundtrack sooooo

>Disliking black artists

Because Sup Forums

I never did desu

youtube.com/watch?v=ccsciGmF5nI

Another fantastic compilation album of 1st wave Reggae and Ska

The 2CD version is the best

mu is like the most liberal board on this site next to lgbt, fool

i think op is referencing the current Sup Forums invasion going on

I don't. Superfly is my favorite album of all time.

Only jazz is good
Funk/soul/rnb are boring derivative pop
Rap isn't music

>taste this garbage
phew my boy, how embarrassing

1- they are overly represented

2- the whole "muh struggle" thing is getting old/cliche

3- they are being pushed on us by the industry

4- they CAN be talented, but most white artists do it better and more refined (chuck berry -> beach boys; jimi hendrix -> SRV; marvin gaye -> barry manilow; whitney houston -> celine dion; etc)

>jimi hendrix -> SRV
Holy fuck what?

oh and don't forget, 2pac -> Eminem

nvm didn't read the rest of your post whoops

I'll assume you're being authentic here.
Who's the white version of Nina Simone?

>Sup Forums invasion

you mean the average person with a brain invasion? black is the status quo right now. There are people that are always against the status quo. That doesn't make them racist or nazis or Sup Forums

Characterizing it as a "current invasion" is a bit too optimistic. This is just how it is now. Sup Forums is the most popular and significant board on Sup Forums. Every other board basically just functions to cater to the interests of dipshit racists now. /ck/ is where the dipshit racists discuss their favorite foods, Sup Forums is where they discuss their favorite games, and Sup Forums is where they discuss their favorite music. This is their little world now. Not much lost, but still a bit sad.

Not familiar, but judging from just 30 seconds of listening to her I'd say Amy Winehouse would be a good contender, if you even consider her white. Maybe Adele? idk you got me there.

>Amy Winehouse and Adele are 'better and more refined' than Nina Simone
That sure is an opinion.

If you don't like it, you have the rest of the internet to explore. Everywhere else censors /po/tards. Only here do you get to hear both sides.

Not an argument

I wasn't making an argument. I was stating you had an opinion.
Am I wrong there?

I have no grudge against them, it's just that I can't relate with their music. The problem is that if I say that out loud I'll be called racist and a thousand different names, because how dare I dislike the supreme masters of music. I also can't say I dislike Charlie Parker, Dizzy, Benson and the like but like Jim Hall, Pat Metheny, Gerry Mulligan etc, because HOW DARE I? Jazz is black, whites never made any contribution whatsoever, and my cracka ass better worship at the altar of black artists.

I have also literally been called racist for saying I preferred classical over jazz(even though I mentioned jazz artists above, what I like about them is that they don't have that trademark jazz sound - which I don't like -, to my ears at least)

Nope, and I was stating you had no argument. Am I wrong there?

music is the one thing black people do well

I suppose not, no.
I guess we're at an agreement then.

Sad!

We don't have an agreem if you're talking Nina Simone not having a better, more refined white counterpart. But we are in agreement about neither of us having an argument either way.

>But we are in agreement about neither of us having an argument either way.
Splendid.

Indeed. What about the other 75% of my post? Do you refute any of this:

>1- they are overly represented
>2- the whole "muh struggle" thing is getting old/cliche
>3- they are being pushed on us by the industry

?

>Marvin Gaye < Barry Manilow

I’m baited you fuckass

I liked funk for a short while, but then got quickly bored. I never liked rnb and soul, it ironically seemed souless. But hey to each his own
I unironically like some disco though

>trademark jazz sound
>Gerry fucking Mulligan and Pat Metheny
fucking lol

Your taste is utterly pedestrian

I don't really have stats to refute it so I technically can't say you're wrong.

That's a nice ass resolution bro.

Logical Fallacy Alert: Ad Hominem

Current score:
Me: 1
You: 0

>1- they are overly represented
>2- the whole "muh struggle" thing is getting old/cliche
>3- they are being pushed on us by the industry

Agree. Your artist comparisons were never much down my alley anyways

>overly represented
By what? In GOAT lists? In sales? This is meaningless out of context
>muh struggle
Crazy that people who still suffer due to things they can’t control may incorporate that into their art
>pushed by industry
you know nothing about music history, from King to Stax to Motown to Def Jam. Fuckin’ lol

I will say that this IS above average bait.

BUT ME NO LIKEY
I WANT A BUBBLE WHILE I ACCUSE THEM OF LIVING IN A BUBBLE

Sup Forums is literally a right-wing safe space lol

I didn't say they weren't jazz, I said they didn't have that "trademark" aka black jazz sound. If you can't notice the difference in playing between black and white artists I don't know what to tell you.

And I couldn't give less of a shit about being pedestrian, I listen to what I like

Friendly reminder that the right will never understand music

>By what? In GOAT lists? In sales? This is meaningless out of context
It's the opposite of what black people mean when they say they are "under represented". Now what does THAT mean? That's anyones guess, but it comes up a lot.

>Crazy that people who still suffer due to things they can’t control may incorporate that into their art
I've got no problem with this, but when black people in america do it excessively, it gets old

>you know nothing about music history, from King to Stax to Motown to Def Jam. Fuckin’ lol
not an argument
And you know nothing about me. Another ad hominem. I could be the head of RIAA for all you know.

good effort my boy, you get 2/10 grammy nominations

>I've got no problem with this, but when black people in america do it excessively, it gets old
Lol spoken like a true whitey

Not true, it's targeted by many leftist shills, which are allowed to post all day and all night. Anywhere else on the net censors the opposition, and the opposition is always right wingers.

>calling anyone with a dissenting opinion a shill
Loooooool classic Sup Forums

honestly it was bad wording, I'll admit. When ANYONE does it excessively it gets old. It just so happens that black artists do it the most, by a staggering disparity.

What Sup Forums lacks in mental capacity they make up for in (unintentional) humor

They literally diluted black jazz in a much more safer, bland way, but okay then

Look at a greatest albums of all time list and tell me what the break down is between white and other races; welcome to the representation gap

>just honky things
>not an argument
Black music is and was on the fringe CONSISTENTLY and it took decades for each style to catch on time and again, so shut the fuck up

>Look at a greatest albums of all time list and tell me what the break down is between white and other races; welcome to the representation gap

That's ONE way to analyze the distant past. Which leads you to the logical fallacy of cherry picking. What about what's happening now?

Yesterday had zero white artists nominated for AOTY. But I'm not even bitching about that. I'm bitching about the fact that none of the races were equally represented. Where were all the latinos? They constitute a far greater percentage of the population than blacks, yet they were largely ignored? You gotta admit it was a majority black show. That is over representation propagated by a racist media machine.

I agree to an extent but Pat actually made good music and is a good guitarist, what are you on about?

>"STAHP ANSWERING THE QUESTION THAT THE OP ASKED, YOU RAYCIST!"
-You

Your false concern for other races is solely due to your position of bias since it seems convenient

Pat’s fusion is pretty meh next to other people who pioneered it and perfected it. Best album of his is the one where he’s basically just joined with Ornette Coleman’s band

>Your false concern for other races is solely due to your position of bias since it seems convenient

My bias is irrelevant and just an attempt to attack my character, which has nothing to do with the validity of my argument.

If a person who was totally batshit insane told you that 2+2=4, would you disagree with him too? By your logic (or lack thereof) that would completely reasonable.

Shit or get off the pot my boy. Refute my argument or don't. Protip: you can't.

>2+2 = 4
>a fact

>your opinions
>equal to facts
lmao

Doesn't it seem to you that is, like, your opinion man? Funny you're pointing fingers saying people who disagree with you are ignorant about music history and what have you when you are the smug cunt telling others their taste is shit.
In no moment I said black artists were shit, I said I didn't relate to them. And ironically enough you made exactly what I said early on the thread: WHITEY DILUTED THE BLACK MOJO
I could say that non whites are diluting classical music every time they play it(mainly considering none of them got close to European composers), but I decided not to be a cunt. I guess that's not something you're worried about.
Get over yourself.

It’s your shit taste, not mine, loser. I mean, you’re being holier than thou on Sup Forums, so think about what’s going on in your life

Can I ask you something? Not judgmentally just trying to figure out something.
You say your main reason for disliking black music is not being able to 'relate' to them and then citing mostly jazz and classical music.

How does that work? Most relatability comes from lyrics and you chose instrumental genres.

You prove me right, so I don't have much to add.

Or maybe I relate to instrumental music? It's just the way it feels man, some stuff feels right while others feel wrong. But there are different kinds of right and wrong, and it's not necessarily like it brings up a memory or something, it's just the feeling itself, it doesn't rely on me linking it to something else. Tbh I became much more sensitive to such things when I stopped listening to "noisy" stuff(was a metalhead growing up, my ability to notice subtlety improved a lot since I started listening to different stuff)