Assassin's Creed (2016)

What went wrong?

Making a video game movie. But also making a video game movie and not keeping the budget relatively low

>Silent Hill
>budget: $50M
>worldwide gross: $97M

>Resident Evil 1
>budget: $33M
>worldwide gross: $102M

The force is weak with this one.

Noone actually cares about Assassin's Creed enough

There is a reason I don't pay attention to reviewers before seeing a movie; seems most of them have lost the ability to view a movie without preconceived notions. Too much over-analyzing. Very little of what is put out these days is in any way realistic. I'm not looking for realistic when I go see a movie; I'm looking for an escape from the daily grind. I'm not a gamer and decided to see the movie since I'm familiar with Michael Fassbender and I like his work. I chose to see the 3D version, which I rarely do, and am glad I did. It was a thoroughly enjoyable movie! Kudos to Damien Walters for the stunt work--great to watch.

Despite critic reviews and reports expressing their concern on yet another video game spin-off attempt, I decided to still go view the movie on its first showing. I can honestly say that not seeing this movie in theater would be a mistake. The action sequences combined with excellent cinematography and special effects allowed for a thrilling ride from both the present-day Cal Lynch to the Inquisition-Animus Aguilar segments present in the film. Being that I have previously played many of the Assassin's Creed video games, the plot proved easy to follow, flowing from one concept to the next easily.

For those who have no background on the franchise, any confusion that might result from the movie's plot can be cleared up by a quick brush-up on the story-line of the Assassin's Creed games. This possible confusion that might result due to a viewer's inexperience with the story-line is the only reason this movie does not merit a 10/10 review. A word of advice that might help to clear up confusion centers of the Animus. The purpose is not to alter the past, but rather observe it through the eyes of an ancestor in order to pick up on clues and hints which could aid in present-day tasks. The task that Sofia (Marion Cotillard)is attempting to complete is the discovery of the Apple of Eden--basically a very important artifact desired by both the Templars and Assassins. Thus, the Animus sequences that appear to lack much background or a concrete plot are intentional due to the fact that only the sequences hinting or involving the Apple are viewed. If the entire life of Aguilar (Michael Fassbender) was necessary to finding the Apple, the movie might as well have just been about him.

Nevertheless, anyone who is already familiar or is willing to take 30 seconds to familiarize themselves with the Assassin's Creed story will watch an excellent film--surpassing most of the recent releases this year.

This is true.

They should've made a Witcher movie.

Seven years too late.

I don't go to the movies during the Christmas holiday. I'll wait a week or two and then go and see it. It might pick up after this week if others are doing the same as me.

its not out in 75% of the World yet.
Chin as usual will save this. Domestic box office isnt a shit anymore.

My stepdad sucks and he wouldn't let me see it because I told him he wasn't my real dad but on the weekends I go to my real dad's house and he took me to see the movie because he's cool and he gets me whatever I want unlike my mom and it was so AMAZING! I didn't really like the beginning with all the talking and the story was weird with all the stuff I didn't really get and that was pretty lame but the end where he goes and assassins everyone and just walks away like a BOSS was so cool I literally was SCREAMING! I'm so sad because my mom won't let me see it again :( so I have to wait until next week when I go to my dad's house on the weekend. I can't wait until the number 2 comes out!

This. Popularity has died significantly.

You can't put a price on kino

I'm inclined to believe you if only because I like almost everybody involved in the film and Kurzel's adaption of Macbeth is one of my all time favorites.

nigga you gay

wouldve made at least double of that and better reviews if it was released by Disney

Just like Dr, Strange, Pete's Dragon and the BFG

Why didn't they release it two weeks ago or two weeks from now?

I never thought it would do a bill or even its budget but if they didn't release it so close to star wars I think it could have done a slightly less embarrassing 60

The bfg, I never heard anything about that after it came out. What went down?

>What went down?

Ticket sales hue

Yeah.. I should have seen that response coming.

great game but even more niche and unknown than asscreed

It was made 7 years too late.

holy fuck I didnt read the thread yet. Glad some posters are as smart as me.

Honestly I don't know, the actual source material isn't that well known to Americans I guess and I'm look at what it released against and there wasn't that much competition yet it only barely beat the Purge overall, must have just been one of those weak advertising moments.

Getting too goddamn complacent in their cashcows probably.

Didn't it win game of the year by most critics/websites/etc? I have a lot of normie friends who've never previously heard of Witcher that loved Witcher 3. I guess that still doesn't invalidate it being more unknown though, seeing as how Ass Creed is pretty much a household name

>BFG isn't well known to Americans
Wrong. Every single kid who grew up in the late 80s, 90s, and early 2000s--when kids still read kids books--read The BFG.
It flopped because none of those former kids were interested in seeing this kids' movie and kids today don't know who Roald Dahl was.

Witcher III is the most well known game right now

a video game movie about a series that has nearly 20 entries at this point, and thus all hype is dead due to overexposure in the yearly vidya market.

>Every single kid who grew up in the late 80s, 90s, and early 2000s--when kids still read kids books--read The BFG.

But if the first two had grown up on it you'd think they'd at least take their kids to see it, but maybe that's exactly what they were counting on and it didn't pan out.

Ah well.