Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me>Mulholland Drive>Inland Empire>Blue Velvet>Eraserhead>The Straight Story>Lost Highway>The...

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me>Mulholland Drive>Inland Empire>Blue Velvet>Eraserhead>The Straight Story>Lost Highway>The Elephant Mant>Wild At Heart>Dune

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J_NRfPI6ABU
youtube.com/watch?v=mWq15lDh8yM
welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/twin-peaks-missing-pieces-fanedit/
youtube.com/watch?v=wmIa7B3SXjI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump

>cunny threads get 300 replies in 45 minutes
>david lynch thread gets archived with no replies except from op trying to bump his own thread
/film/ when?

as soon as you put Lost Highway above Inland Empire and MD over FWWM you piece of shit

I can actually agree with this.

I can accept MD over FWWM, but Inland Empire is a masterpiece of hyperlink cinéma and Lost Highway is a jumbled, disconnected mess.
And Patricia Arquette a shit.

Lost highway is a masterpiece

>Elephant Man not the best or one of the top three at least
>IE over Mulholland Drive

I saw Mulholland Drive in a cemetery while doing coke with a qt, was a good time.

dune is his best work, actually, then first season of twin peaks excepting a few eps

Then blue velvet.

Rest is junk and eraserhead/elephant man are depressing see it once films.

>IE over Mulholland Drive
You blind, bro?

>dune is his best work
defend this specious claim

Fuck me, I meant BV

I maintain my dissatisfied bane-cat meme

>dune is his best work
Maybe if you are retard.

>dune is his best work

Now this is shitposting!

Lost Highway is indeed a mess, but it sticks in my memory more than any of his other films. The whole first act with Bill Pullman and Patricia Arquette is pretty much flawless. The rest of the film is marred by some bad performances, and watered down by Lynch's half-assed attempt to frame the whole thing in some kind of narrative. But the raw emotion of the whole thing, and the power of the central images, makes up for the weak connective tissue between the great moments.

I'd be reluctant to recommend this one to normies, but when I think of David Lynch, I think of Lost Highway first

This
MD and EM are flawless in every respect

objective rating coming through:

best to worst
Mullholland Drive
Blue Velvet
Lost Highway / Elephant Man
Inland Empire
Straight Story
Eraserhead
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Wild At Heart
Dune

extra(Fire Walk With Me can't be rated as a stand alone move just fuck off):

Twin Peaks s2 final episode
Twin Peaks s1
Fire Walk With Me

I guess it makes sense to rank Mulholland Drive as the best. If you're only gonna watch one David Lynch film in your life, that'd be the one to see - it's a refined, concise, relatively audience-friendly thesis statement of his main themes and his dream-logic style.

It's also, in many ways, a weaker CliffsNotes version of the ideas he explored with more detail & power in Lost Highway and Inland Empire. Personally I'd have to put those two films in first place, at equal standing. They're messy, they're not polished and flawless like MD, but they hit you right in the gut and burn themselves into your memory like very few films do. They're just raw, unfiltered subconscious, which is really what I'm looking for in a surrealist film.

Lost Highway is all about the fine line between love & hate, the raw paranoia and anger that result from infidelity and betrayal. Inland Empire is all about "fame culture," the seductive dream of Hollywood and the punishing reality waiting for anyone that chases that fantasy. Mulholland Drive welds those two films together, with more polish & coherence, but far less raw power.

The name of Inland Empire was really spot on when you think about it. Makes me think of how long it would take to travel from one end of a massive landlocked empire to another.

why Wild At Heart so low?

I'm okay with this.

I'd also put Lonely Souls above all of s1 of TP. In fact, putting that episode against the finale, the choice wouldn't be as easy for me as it seems for most.

it's a cool fucking film
and it did what it could with the story, even getting across the main theme of how Ma'adib was manipulating an old savior myth to get his personal revenge.

Wild at Heart is really "fans only." Normies can appreciate that there's something worthwhile going on in films like Mulholland Drive or Eraserhead even if they don't enjoy it, but Wild at Heart offers very little substance in exchange for the weirdness & unpleasantness. The over-the-top performances and absurd humor don't mix all that well with scenes of familial horror and truly disquieting violence.

I watched this film with my brother a few years ago, and he said "That was the worst movie I've ever seen." I kinda understood where he was coming from, and couldn't offer a good explanation for why I think it's good

if normies see that a movie is below 8.0 on imdb then its "the worst movie ever" everytime.

>Inland empire is junk

Opinion disregarded.

GOD TIER
Blue Velvet, Fire Walk with Me

HIGH TIER
Mulholland Drive, Eraserhead

MID TIER
Elephant Man, Lost Highway, Straight Story, Inland Empire

LOW TIER
Dune, Wild at Heart

Move Inland Empire to high tier and this is the most correct ranking.

Why does everyone hate Dune? :(
I know it's inferior to most of his work, but it's not a bad movie

youtube.com/watch?v=J_NRfPI6ABU

It has one of my favorite scenes in a movie ever but it's a piece of shit
youtube.com/watch?v=mWq15lDh8yM

I just finished Twin Peaks S1, S2, and FWWM. Had never watched Lynch's work yet

Definitely came out fascinated. Looking forward to watching the rest of his movies

I'm also appalled at reading that FWWM got such a poor critic reception. I guess that as a stand-alone movie it would be very strange, but as a prequel watched AFTER Twin Peaks, I thought it was fantastic

Start with Eraserhead, which btw stars Jack Nance (Peter Martell) and Charlotte Stewart (Betty Briggs).

Yeah FWWM is amazing, but it's such a deeply unpleasant movie I can see why audiences turned on it. The show had the same darkness, but it was balanced out with a lot of "nice" characters and lighthearted subplots. FWWM just dives straight into the nastiness

If you're on board with that movie, you'll like all of his good stuff.

No kidding. I knew I was in for a ride when the scene with Cooper and Bowie happened. I held on tight to my chair and basically said in my head "hooo boy here we go, this is the shit everyone warned me about" and from there on it was a wild ride and I loved every second of it.

Felt like a dreamworld.

>I held on tight to my chair and basically said in my head "hooo boy here we go, this is the shit everyone warned me about" and from there on it was a wild ride and I loved every second of it.
Cringe.

Ok?

Everything in this post is correct.
None of it explains why Dune is David Lynch's
>best work

I haven't watched Inland Empire since its release, it was my first Lynch-movie back then.
Nowadays, Mulholland Dr is my favorite movie.

Will I appreciate IE more now?
I'm scared it's still very incoherent without a satisfying resolution like MD or LH.

Jesus Christ Season 3 is gonna be a wild ride

>watching inland empire as your first lynch kino
s'wrong witchu?

>Extended fanedit

HOL'UP. What does that have?

Probably just adds the scenes from the Missing Pieces
welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/twin-peaks-missing-pieces-fanedit/

Yeah. It's FWWM with the missing pieces thrown in.

It's really well done

>Missing Pieces
Are there any more pieces of Twin Peaks that I don't know about? I thought FWWM was the last of it. Guess I have more watchan to do.

No, that's it.
There's the Log Lady intros, if you haven't seen them:
youtube.com/watch?v=wmIa7B3SXjI
The "Missing Pieces" were deleted scenes stitched together into one long mini-film that was released on the Twin Peaks box set two years ago

What the fuck
The torrent I watched Twin Peaks with didn't have these
Thank you user!

They were shown before each episode aired instead of the typical "last time on..."
Season 2 had them, too. They should all be on youtube.

ITT: A bunch of children, and that one 30-40 something loser who hangs around people decades younger than he is because it's the only way he can feel smart

>that one 30-40 something loser who hangs around people decades younger than he is because it's the only way he can feel smart
So that would be you, right?

Eraserhead>Lost Highway>Blue Velvet>Dune>Pure Shit>Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me>Mulholland Drive>Inland Empire
ftfy

>Replying to low quality bait
It's always the same guy with a similar frogpost

I'll have you know ive watched eraserhead 1 and 2/3s times

Wild At Heart is a masterpiece, idiot!

winning the Palme d'or does not a masterpiece make.

>!
reddit is the other way

Why is Wild at Heart getting so much hate. I fucking loved that movie, it's like bad lieutenant. These movies are genuinely enjoyable.

>Mulholland Drive

You call that a bait?

Eraserhead is his best work followed by Fire Walk With Me

Is Wild at Heart really that bad? I haven't watched it yet, but the cover looks pretty interesting.