Why does obi-wan's body disappear instead of being dismembered?

why does obi-wan's body disappear instead of being dismembered?

because it's a prop

Vader didn't actually hit him.

Obi teleported behind him

He didn't actually exist on that plane of reality in the first place

Because the actor refused to lie down, so they rewrote the scene so obiwan vanishes

to make the 1977 audience take notice there was something strange about the way a jedi dies, so they're not going 'what the fuck why do we hear his voice now?' a minute later.

Censorship wouldnt let them cut a dude in half

The high ground wan't a location, it was a state of mind.

Because Darth was Master of Evil.

When I was younger I was hoping Obi'd be alive somewhere because it didn't look like he was killed

This was after Alec Guiness refused to be in the same room as George Lucas. He said he'd only do voice work with the audio guys from then on so he came up with the idea that Obi Wan turns into a ghost.

Midichlorians.

>Nothing personal!

Were they good chums with the audio guys?

he and Burt Ben were fast friends.

>personal

Special effects Budget.And woooo its mystical n shit

Don't talk about it.

Got a source on these claims?

Why does Vader stomp on his clothes? Like, he should know this happens. What was he expecting, for his intestines to still be there and try to coil up and attack him like a snake?

Yeah Alec Guinness told me in person

From a certain point of view.

how?
i'm pretty sure no one's died like that, even in the prequels, though i imagine the cartoons have put it out once or twice to try and make things congruent

Ben slices off a hand in the cantina and they show burning human corpses

I think cutting someone in half would've been ok

Nobody cares if you slice up some gross alien, people are another story.

it's a pretty popular rumor that Guiness hated the way Lucas directed, especially the scenes dicking around getting the props to work in the hot as fuck desert. Peter Mayhew confirmed Obi Wan was not supposed to die on the Death Star originally.

rumor also states that while he hated the story Guinness wanted to improve it as much as he could while simultaneously never speak to Lucas again so he came up with the idea of force ghosts as a compromise. Lucas agreed because he was pressed for time and losing Guinness on set was one less pain in his ass.

Was Alec the first man to realise Lucas is a hack?

Disappearing on death is part of the technique Qui Gon rediscovers to let him become a force ghost. At some point Obi Wan and Yoda perfect the vanishing body trick under his guidance.

woah

So what you're saying is, humans are naturally racist?

Why didn't we heed his warnings?

Not taking the prequels into account, but even then, I'm sure it's something that he's heard about. Obviously not all Jedi vanish upon death, but surely he had overheard that it is possible to concentrate and will yourself into the force when you die.

But then again, maybe he didn't. Probably wasn't enlightened enough to even be told about it.

Oh, well there it is.
I gotta watch some cartoon or read some pulp book to know that one?

*raises paw*
*teleports behind you*
tch kisama you didnt get the meme *laughs*
*unsheathes katana and walks past you*
you just got meme'd on kid
*you get cut in half while i sheathe my katana*
*farts*

No, clearly YOU didn't get the meme
*turns 360 degrees to intercept your katana*
THIS is how you meme, kiddo
*Cuts you into 6 million pieces*
Psh, nothing personnel

It's mentioned somewhere in the EU novels that most Jedi don't vanish upon death and those that do have become "one with the force".

Vader learns of it from Sidious but it's Yoda and Obi Wan who apparently take him through the final steps of the training once he dies. Luke cremates an empty suit of armour (although I believe this a retcon).

Ah, I see.
So he technically did know about it.
But not enough to resist the urge to stomp on Obi Wan's robes just to make sure a nigga dead.

*reveal that it was merely an illusion*
Heh... not bad, kid. Not bad at all. Your meme, I mean. It's not bad. A good first attempt. It's plenty dank... I can tell it's got some thought behind it... lots of quotable material...

But memeing isn't all sunshine and rainbows, kid. You're skilled... that much I can tell. But do you have what it takes to be a Memester? To join those esteemed meme ranks? To call yourself a member of the Ruseman's Corps? Memeing takes talent, that much is true. But more than that it takes heart. The world-class Memesters - I mean the big guys, like Johnny Hammersticks and Billy Kuahana - they're out there day and night, burning the midnight meme-oil, working tirelessly to craft that next big meme.

And you know what, kid? 99 times out of a hundred, that new meme fails. Someone dismisses it as bait, or says it's "tryhard," or ignores it as they copy/paste the latest shitpost copypasta dreamt up by those sorry excuses for cut-rate memers over at reddit. The Meme Game is rough, kid, and I don't just mean the one you just lost :^). It's a rough business, and for every artisan meme you craft in your meme bakery, some cocksucker at 9gag has a picture of a duck or some shit that a million different Johnny No-Names will attach a milion different captions to. Chin up, kid. Don't get all mopey on me. You've got skill. You've got talent. You just need to show your drive.

See you on the boards...
OR NOT
*teleports behind you*
*uses chi power to send your soul to the shadow realm*
he...tooo easy