Tfw you will never hang around a bunch of negros in the 20’s and learn blues guitar while courting a tall...

>tfw you will never hang around a bunch of negros in the 20’s and learn blues guitar while courting a tall, fine negress and bleaching her bloodline with your white seed thus ensuring a strong 3/4ths white mix in your grandchildren for the 21st century

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yX908Qi-7DE
youtube.com/watch?v=oQbLBQ-0sSU
research.culturalequity.org/home-audio.jsp
youtube.com/watch?v=jyxUMEDDX8Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

"I beat my woman
Just to feel satisfied"
>actual Robert Johnson lyrics

whaaat? delta bluesmen were... disreputable? you don't say

Why do you post this in every blues thread?

I didn't say, I'm just quoting some lyrics

Someone would probably poison your drink.

The story of RJ is quite fascinating. Everyone could gain from looking into it.
p.s. I'm a fan

wow, color me shocked. all this time i thought these were men of virtue

Does anyone have any radio interviews/performances similar to this?

youtu.be/yX908Qi-7DE

Your arguing with an argument that I am not making.

you're*

i'm just concerned that the saintly robert johnson carries not the spotless legacy to which we've grown accustomed

Did you know that Robert Johnson used to beat his woman just to feel satisfied?

i do now, and i'm appalled

i didn't ask for this feel

What are you looking for in particular? Bukka White did a lot of live performances and would always talk in between songs.

Does John Fahey creep the shit out of you?

There's something smug and mocking about Fahey, his slight lip curl and grin, as if he knows something that you don't.

He knows he's a rapist. Everyone else just suspects it.

Har har har. I've read his book, How Bluegrass Music Destroyed My Life, it's very interesting.

youtube.com/watch?v=oQbLBQ-0sSU

i would also plunder the alan lomax archive if you have free time
research.culturalequity.org/home-audio.jsp

his memoir is pretty good too, "Land Where the Blues Began"

srry skip to 28:42. from that point on is a conversation between Big Bill Broonzy, Memphis Slim and Sonny Boy Williamson shooting the shit about life and blues in the south

wtf was that

It's a story from Fahey's youth about how he came upon a synagogue, went into the basement, and found it was full of foreskins. He then told this old man who was annoying him to follow him, saying that he had something cool to show him, and the rest of the story is in the picture.
The book was written entirely by Fahey and assembled by Jim O'Rourke, it's absolutely insane. He tell stories of being in a pseudo-cult as a child, where second graders would recite words from Adolph Hitler and Martin Heidegger and summon demons and things. There's another story where he punched Zabreske Point director, Michelangelo Antonioni, in Rome. I'd love to share some more excerpts if anyone's interested.

Also, this is the song that he claimed destroyed his life, and he had an entire 2 pages warning people not to listen to it. youtube.com/watch?v=jyxUMEDDX8Y

>bleaching her bloodline with your white seed
caught me off guard there OP

>strong 3/4ths white mix
>strong mix
yeah ok mutt boy