Just saw this, I dont get it. Explain anyone?

Just saw this, I dont get it. Explain anyone?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nyW01TOyEKI
youtu.be/u2cZFvRqlp0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Under_the_Skin_(novel)#Plot
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This cunt has such an easy life.

>can't talk for shit and sounds retarded
>probably boring person IRL
>virgin
>gets jobs in TV and film cos he's a deformed drongo with a tiny heed

she was an alien, hope this helps

>>virgin

kek wut she has a kid

it's about beauty, apparently

youtube.com/watch?v=nyW01TOyEKI

She was a space spider disguised as a women that ate humans but then started to get human feels and then she wanted some cake instead of sucking humans dry and then some guy tried to fuck her in the pussy but she didn't like that then she got burned by a rapist

It was to provide the director a jerk off material. Why else would you hire scarlett johansson, put her in tight jeans and film her ass as she walks by?

Ah, I get it now

>she didn't like that
More the fact that her humansuit wasn't built with that function in mind. There was nothing there to stimulate her.

I just graduated from film school: the movie

It's a story about rape with the genders reversed

>>virgin
Scarlett probably took pity on him and said..."you're such a kind man, how would you feel about getting your dick sucked by a Hollywood a-lister?"

why do we even assume peope that are handicapped are always good people`?

Affirmative action. They're shoving chinks everywhere now.

You're a fucking idiot dude: the poster

The novel it was based on was a satire of the meat industry and capitalism, instead of a coal-black humanoid the protagonist was a female member of a species of carnivorous quadrupeds who vaguely resemble deer. These protag and her cohorts are abducting and butchering humans to sell as food. Imitating a human required the protagonist to undergo agonizing and possibly not totally reversible surgery, a sacrifice she has made due to the lack of opportunities for a lower-class female in her ruthless society.

probably hurt her cloaca or something

I know that guy, we visit the same vidya shop in croydon

dude was asian?

>pretentious: the flick

Why?

when she hiot the guy drowning in the ehad with a rock was that because she had observed people doing that to fish they fished up out of the sea+

I've seen him in documentaries, he seems a bitter cunt obsessed with beauty privilege, although lookign like that I don't blame him tbqfh

women are evil. men like pusy.

UK Croydon?

the ayylums are bon-vivants and didnt want to eat that deformed fag

no, she was an ayylien made android

maybe people see handicapped people as children, that they are pure and innocent for some reason.

>Unironically posting that fugly moron Stuckman

lol

tried to rip off actual kino shots from alien and the feel of 2001 a space odyssey but it's content wasn't up to par

plus it was lazy in how it didn't explain anything, probably cause it wasnt thought out all the way through but then people think that this is somehow 'genius'

it was like someone painting something for the sake of being called art instead of something of substance

Maybe he was kind to Scarlett because he appreciates real beauty, and talent.

>it didnt explain anything

Dude, it's cinema, art, not ikea instructions.

no west africa croydon

world ain't fair, at least he has legs and a dick, at least he isn't a down syndrome retard. I don't understand how these shitty people can't get past that

I suppose it's an element of sympathy, you got to feel for the guy, but I imagine it's hard not to become bitter when you look like a fucking demon

what's so bad about being "bitter" exactly?

this movie sounds pretentious as fuck

Same thing.

thread theme

youtu.be/u2cZFvRqlp0

This guy's hard to look at

>plus it was lazy in how it didn't explain anything, probably cause it wasnt thought out all the way through but then people think that this is somehow 'genius'

You praise 2001 but deride this for not "explaining" anything? 2001 is a hundred times more abstract, and this movie has a pretty clear character and emotional arc to follow. I really don't get the complaints.

Cinema seems to be the only art that gets widely shit on for like that. Nobody would say an author uses too many words or a musician too many notes with a straight face, but for some reason people expect every movie to be spelled out for them and have a reason for being like it is. Any artistry is pretension, any abstraction is "making it up" to some people

It's just how he seems to be, there was some show where he was sending models into restaurants and then going in himself, and showing the different reactions, eg the models got preferential treatment and nice seats in the window, he got sat in a dark corner, he seems resentful of his lot in life, which I understand

Do you know Omaree the Lucozade thief?

UNDER THE SKIN
UNDER THE SKIN
DARLING IT'S BETTER
DOWN WHERE IT'S DARKER
TAKE IT FROM ME

I don't think that happened in the novel

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Under_the_Skin_(novel)#Plot

>movie isn't capeshit
>Sup Forums calls it pretentious

every time.

didn't know Maggie Gyllenhall was in this

>movie is babbys first """"art""""-house
>plebs love it

every time

holy shit? that guy wasn't in makeup?

>I dont get it.

Then read the book, you illiterate retard.

the cgi when one of the guys got fucked up in the black liquid was top tier

Mica Levi's soundtrack for it was phenomenal, big part of why i liked it,

What needed to be explained?

Did you need a scene of aliens eating people to realize they were being harvested?

The reason for the abductions isn't even important to the story.

Stay pleb.

I didn't even say I liked it, but I'm glad you outed yourself as a retard before I even said anything to you.

it was an okay movie, the best compliment I can give it "it was worth a watch"

I just wouldn't call it pretentious. I wouldn't call any movie pretentious because I don't need to sink to bargain basement criticisms like "pleb", "boring", or "pretentious"

What a salty pleb retard

>it was lazy
>no substance
>it wasn't as good as these movies that people consider to be all time classics

only on Sup Forums does some post something like this and expect to be taken seriously.

Good aesthetics, good soundtrack, definitely clear themes involving sex/gender but it's approached ambiguously so anyone can really interpret specifics how they want to.

I'd say it was pretty good. Not amazing, but a few really solid moments and a god tier soundtrack.

A less ambiguous plot would have made it worse I think, you can't do something like this without being vague. Any film that really tries to analyze sex in our society is going to feel forced and cringey to most people, so making it into visual representations and metaphors is the only way to do it.

No, they were drawing parallels between that and the way humans stun cows and other livestock (a blow to the head, usually with a captive bolt pistol) before killing and butchering them.

>kino

>alien
>not trash
pleb, pls

>scarjo is an ayylium
>supposed to seduce and capture humans or some shit
>starts to get feels instead
>doesnt give pussy to random guy
>gets burned alive

thats pretty much what i got from it

Best horror movie 2014.

The ending and baby scene stayed with me more than any other horror movie ever has.

You're exactly right. I take it to be more of a story on rape and attitudes towards sex, and if they played it 100% straight with a human male protagonist nobody would pay attention without rolling their eyes. But you make it mysterious and vague, have an inverted male gaze stare at men like a predator watching prey, and show a literal dehumanization after a rape happens to her, and I think it's much more powerful.

yea good psychological horror is always scarier. it's why people like Lynch

>Best horror movie 2014.
that's Babadook, faggot

nightcrawler wasnt even horror but did a better job of scary tension

I'd also say it portrays the difference between male/female rape.
She wasn't necessarily "raping" her victims in the traditional definition of the word, but she was stalking them like prey and coercing them into her car/home.
The depiction of male rape was much less meticulous/calculating, it's like an animal attacking in the moment, not a spider leading insects to a web

this is terrible

why? it was just a psycho/sociopat.
it's on same level.

The gimmick of the film is that every single one of her victims were literally picked up off the street and asked if they wanted to be in a movie.

No he is dark haired bongese. He has a identical twin bro without the disease whose a 7/10

A movie analyzing human nature with literal alien eyes.

They nameless woman lying prone and crying at teh beginning is mirrored by Johanssen's face mask crying is one of my favorite kino scenes.

This is actually one of the more accessible art films, in that there is a straight forward sci-fi story you can follow. The symbolism and recurrent themes are there to accentuate the journey of the alien transforming from a predator to a victim.

OP is a faggot

This is an old meme, newfriend.

>new
i wish

Overcompensating, from when people used to treat them like shit. The irony is being patronising to disabled people and assuming they're all nice people is almost as bad as being a dick to them, just because they're disabled. Disabled people can be twats, just like anyone else.

Inbetweeners did it right. Will was kind of a dick to that guy in the wheelchair, but he reacted like a right cunt.

He was in make up i have the blu ray.

used to see this geezer on the tram through croydon daily. glad hes doing well

No No. She wanted sexy time with the nice man but her human suit had started to rip and she did not want to scare him so had to stop.

Ah, I get it now.

It is not about the story as much as the feel of the story if that helps.

savage af

How dare you do a good post on Sup Forums!

What the fuck is wrong with you?

That guy is a proper cunt with a big chip on his shoulder, which is fair enough I suppose but he gives it the full oy vey it's annudah shoa because someone left a comment on a video pointing out how he's spectacularly deformed.

it isn't. stuckman is a fucking retard. the movie is beautifully shot and it's about an alien coming to earth trying to fit in. it's a very simple story with interesting visuals and main character.

also: scarlett is perfect playing an alien without emotions.

SJW Prometheus.

Beauty is subjective and the beauty in how humans treat each other in everyday life is unfairly overshadowed by physical appearance, which carnivorous aliens like ScarJo exploit for food.

>SJW
>most of the movie is about a woman manipulating and leading men into a black abyss, using sex as a tool for entrapment and stalking them like prey
>but she got raped in the end so it's SJW

>most of the movie is about a woman manipulating and leading men into a black abyss
Actually it's not even true. Motorcycle men act as superior handlers throughout the whole movie and simply use her as bait.

Patriarchy wins again

It's about cucking and club girl mentality.

I'm not joking, think about it, Scarjo uses men left right and centre when she hits "sexual maturity" as shown in the film with her coming to be, and dressing up in the stunned prostitutes clothes.
She hits the town and predatorily hunts men for "sex" and uses them while they use her. They feel empty after, and she is empty constantly.

When she encounters a genuine guy, in the form of the disfigured dude, she begins to wake up. This can be seen as growing out of the 18 - 24 year old phase of clubbing and being used by men. Her handler hunts the genuine guy down, which could be her psyche rejecting him after this awakening.

Late she finds the autistic alone guy, and with him a stable partner. After he tries to have sex with her, in the movie she can't because she has no pussy, but the subtext is that she isn't willing to have sex with him, either in fear of ruining the relationship or whatever.
She goes into he woods for solitude, but only finds a predatory man who uses her. When his advances are rejected, and he sees she's not a clubslut he murders her.

MC men were aliens too, probably sexless, same type as ScarJo

she was a robot all along!