He was supposed to be the "evil yoda" of the prequels

>he was supposed to be the "evil yoda" of the prequels
>his dark revelation would have been "i'm your father" tier
>he was literally The Phantom Menace

but

>George Lucas fucked up his character in the first movie and had to rushly rewrite the following scripts

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8yy3q9f84EA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

For you

Its a shame really, this character had a lot of potential and was the most interesting part of TPM

his design is too cartoony. If he was just a silly black man who turned out to be an evil mastermind, it could have worked.

I unironically agree. Saving this character would be as simple as slightly less slapstick and maybe a less retarded voice.

>has yellow sith eyes
it literally checks out

This should be one of tests to see if kids have autism

>TFW I made original "Jar Jar was the Sith and thus key to all this" posts in early 2015
>Leddit picked up this theory and it went mainstream, so I can't enjoy Jarjarposting on muh Sup Forums anymore

I always felt the opposite, one of George lucas's heroes in filmmaking was jerry lewis. Jerry started out as a goofy guy no one respected but was hugely influential on new hollywood. I feel jar jar'so arc would have been the same. He starts out goofy but becomes the best characteristics the series that everyone looks up to

meesa hopesa yous dont chokesa *force chokes u*

The worst think about Jar-Jar is that he scared off Disney from having any alien main characters

If only Lucas did make him some weakling we cared about and not an unfunny looney tune character, the revelation could have been pretty good.

Damn. why are redditors such copycats incapable of insight?

Itsa treeeson thens *WAAAHOOOOOO"

But isn't he still the phantom menace?

He is the one that proposes to give supreme powers to Palpatine.

DELLOW FELEGATES

funniest line in star wars

based jar jar

Anyone who thinks that Darth Jar-Jar video is anything except satire need to kill themselves. Seriously

I've seen this getting posted in 2013 though.

kek'd

>Reddit fan theories

I'm just gonna post /swco/ samples.

This was the line that ensured the Star Wars nerds could no longer pretend the franchise was anything but for children.

That and
>exqueeeeeeeezeeee meeeeee

That's a really strange ranking.

He's the one responsible for the empire.

>Prequel apologists and Jar Jar and Lucas fanboys

Literally go fuck yourselves to death you autistic fucking subhumans.

>that pic

Robot Chicken did this years ago

This is a legitimately good design. I love the blue patterns on his face.

I agree, it's a shame about the application of it though.

WRONG WRONG WRONG

He was supposed to be loved by everyone. THe characters, the audience. And he was going to die before anakin became vader. Padme was going to live. Vader was going to cry over his missing friend Jar Jar instead of pandamumu or whoever.

youtube.com/watch?v=8yy3q9f84EA

He wasn't necessarily supposed to be evil. There's no evidence of that. But he absolutely was supposed to be secretly hugely powerful. This much is obvious. He probably would have played a much bigger role in the series if fan reception wasn't so godawful.

That being said, what a fucking retarded bait and switch.

>lol you know that retard gunga that makes poopy noises and fart jokes? well...HE'S ACTUALLY A STRONG SUPER JEDI!!!! WIOAAHAHHHH!!!

A friend of mine talked about this when the movie came out. And even him might have picked up from someone else.

1. Multiple people can have the same idea, specially about something everyone can see like a movie
2. You think you have original ideas when you unconsciously pick up a lot of hints that make them almost inevitable, the same hints other people have
3. If you are sad about it you should have made a youtube video with exagerated language and video excerpts instead of posting on an anonymous kashmir tic tac toe reunion website

What's Jar-Jar doing during the events of the OT, is he still alive during TFA?

It would have been to obvious

Training Snoke

he was on alderaan

>His greatest life accomplishment was coming up with Darth Jar Jar
>When in fact Darth Jar Jar has been around years before what he describes
>He, in fact, has no accomplishments in life

MEESA PROPOSE

>have access to the archives for a book project
>tfw there's concept art for a gungan rebel soldier in R1

holy fuck lmao

wtf i hate reddit now

stupid frogposter

>people hate the character
>better not make him a bad guy then

?

Are you actually stupid?

>he was supposed to be the "evil yoda" of the prequels
>his dark revelation would have been "i'm your father" tier
>he was literally The Phantom Menace

but

>>Manchildren started to get triggered because star wars didn't catered their headcanon, literally spouting things like "STAPH RUINING MY CHILDHOOD GEORGE REEEEEEE-"

FTFY

>Lucas didn't have the balls to follow through because he was more worried about his toy sales.

ftfy

yes I am.

meesa one with the force
BRRRRRRRRRRT *destroys droid army*

Would have been cool, hes tall and skinny while yoda is small and fat.

>lol silly stupid manlet alien in a swamp
>He's actually the strongest jedi master

How...

>He probably would have played a much bigger role in the series
Becoming the ambassador and literally handing over power to the emperor is a pretty big role.

It would've been sweet after his reveal he was just silent and they never revealed his real voice.

this is really nice art work
but
Jar Jar is just an awful design.
Disney's Goofy if he was a rabbit lizard duck???

Maybe if Jar Jar was a guy in a costume it wouldn't have been as bad.

Watched the prequels for the first time this week, Episodes II and III are irredeemable but besides Jar Jar Episode I really wasn't that bad. There were even a lot of practical effects.

>Jar Jar silently stares at Sheev
>Sheev bows
>"As you command, master"
>Slowly turns back and walks away
Imagine the possibilities

>Chewbacca
>Yoda

They only, and thankfully, scared Disney off from having a stupid looking alien comic relief character.

>the autism in that pic