Fleet Foxes’ Robin Pecknold Calls Bruno Mars “Toys R Us Gap Band”

What the fuck is his problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3WOZwwRH6XU
youtube.com/watch?v=rblt2EtFfC4
nme.com/news/music/trent-reznor-says-social-media-created-formulaic-vegan-restaurant-patron-type-shit-music-1944709
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He's not wrong

they can't handle the vintage bleeps desu

Gap Band is pretty good, I'd take the compliment.

>Urban Outfitters Playlist band thinks he has anything to say about anybody

hmm ok den

>he hasnt listened to crack up
lmao

pleb

fleet foxes are useless never-weres who managed to vomit out the worst solo songwriter of the 21st century. i'll take toys r us any day

these

Why is it that the black legends who Bruno Mars actually gives a fuck about are praising him (one pic example), but the white literal whos are getting in their feelings?

Why the fuck do white people love getting offended on black people's behalf?

BruNO really seems to inspire hatred in these soy indie acts. I don't get it

Because they get good boy points from Jew leftists who own their souls.
duh

hahah that's actually funny enough to be okay

i'd honestly rather listen to burno mars than a snore folk rock band like fleet foxes

>bruno triggers the p4k indiefags and kendrick-loving soyboys
ABSOLUTELY BASED

>Sup Forums is defending bruno mars over fleet foxes

what happened to this board?

niggers

>Speaking as a Straight White Male music listener, I'd say, generally speaking, that the Straight White Male is the last voice of "cultural relevance” that I'm actively looking to, or sympathetic to, in this particular cultural moment. Just, who cares, you know? This obviously creates a problem for the Straight White Male artist who still desires to make relevant art - do you attempt to gentrify the landscape, White Savior yourself, and demand through inference or testimony that your voice is that of a leader for these times, when your phenotype is culturally inert if not malignant, and that even presuming to have something genuinely important to add is arguably an invocation of privilege? This approach seems like a fool’s errand to me. I instead mostly took the tack that I was using my particular set of cultivated talents to make a Use Object, something useful, a balm, something experientially or aesthetically moving, a reprieve. If you think I should be trying to muscle my way into a position of cultural relevance that I don't deserve, in a culture that is currently filled with far more interesting and sympathetic perspectives than that of the Straight White Male, then I can't really help you, because I am a little too self aware to have tried to do that. I can still comfortably and with a clear conscience make music that is beautiful and useful to people who are receptive, but I don’t do so from a sage-like position at all. You obviously care enough about music to place musicians in positions of veneration, and I do too, but I’m sooner doing so with Frank and Kendrick and Solange at the moment than I am with any straight white male artist currently in the landscape, and obviously (duh) I’m not alone in that, as they are enormously successful, beloved, and influential artists.

>implying its not because they're being conatarian

we got off the soy

>Aside from Kendrick / SZA / Jay Z nothing that was nominated was very good in my opinion, but to give it all to Toys R Us Gap Band is pretty ridic,

so you co-sign what he said? 'muhhhh they're superior b/c theyre black'

Can’t talk for others, but I’m not defending either. They’re both gabrage.

I think its more of a response to the over the top dickriding of Kendrick than it is defending Bruno Mars. These indie faggots probably didn't even listen to it or any of Kendricks stuff and are just defending muh pet minority because its the cool thing to do. Anyone with a brain knows Damn didn't deserve AOTY, and if any rap album did, it was Flower Boy.

this coming from a yoga pants-wearing cuck

because he is non sjw and sings about women

I'm a contrarian scaruffi-fag autist that probably uses Sup Forums at least 1+ hours a day and this thread is honestly a bunch of people in unison forcing themselves to say something that contests the OP's topic's subject matter in an antagonistic and "interesting" and CONTRARY way

someone screencap this thread up to this point

This
>pleb
>is fleet foxes fan

the way he projects his personal emptiness onto White Men as a soulless husk is very funny but coupled with his passive aggressive bitching/jealousy at bruno (who isn't even white), it's even funnier

i dont know about you but i always liked bruno mars. he's not overly political, i like his music, and white boy liberal fucks & and annoying woke turds have always been hating on him for some reason.

Bruno Mars makes better music than Fleet Foxes, Bon Iver, and Kendrick Lamar.

No one will remember those three in 20 years time.

>26 / 5 / 17

don't you fucking losers have anything better to do?

>he has listened to crack-up
>thinks it's anything but Urban Outfitters Playlist-core
crack-up is the most tryhard bullshit I've heard in years.

they don't like that funk is making a comeback

Whenever I see some gay-ass post by a trip I'm always consoled by the fact that the depression and suicide rates for attention-deprived faggots on Sup Forums are astronomical to point of essentially guaranteeing that if you don't kill yourself, at least your life will be shit.

There are only 2 more years left in this decade and i hope rap faggots lose the grammy in both of them and realize

rap sucks

>making a comeback
lamo even the word funk should be enough to make anyone cringe

>FUNK? The NAME itself is fucking CRINGE.
>Reverb-laden twee acoustic ballads sung by a castrato from Olympia dressed as an amish yeoman? give me all your money!!!!

funky post my fellow soul brother@!! xDD

>FJM is bad

I agree

why do people shit on bruno mars so much? he just does throwbacky pop funk.

how can you be self-serious about funk of all genres? it's silly and frivolous and fun by design

Why does chief keef do that weird thing with his tounge he must have tourrettes. Wasnt there a character in harry potter that did this too?

fuck off trap

Bruno Mars is literally never even mentioned on Sup Forums, because nobody who listens to music as a hobby listens to Bruno Mars. Its just Grammy memes.

someone keep screencapping up to this point

>harmonies
>build up, cello risers
>SAME CHORD STRUMMED HARD REPEATEDLY
>shhh harmonies

wow, Crack-Up is so progressive

you're acting like if bruno made himself obnoxiously known outside his music he wouldn't be constantly shitposted like the other garbage normie acts

I don't really see him show up here often but he is a common target for self-proclaimed REEEEAAAL music fans

That's a pretty specific scenario and I'm not exactly sure where you extrapolated that from

I wouldn't know, I hate music

rap faggots and soy boys are mad because their favorite cuck music, rap, keeps being shat on every year
youtube.com/watch?v=3WOZwwRH6XU

They want everyone to be angry and bitter like them.

While everyone else is one nation under a a groove, getting down just for the funk of it.

wew

Wasn't this from a comment he left on stereosoy?
wewww lad

bruno
>chad performer since childhood
>multi instrumentalist and excellent dancer
>penned the most successful songs of the 2010s
>written countless songs for other people
>56 percent makes him immune to appropriation criticism
>popular among all demographics

fleet foxes
>reddit-tier atrocious lyrics
>got popular on myspace
>band members always apologize for being white and male before every performance in addition to being passive aggressive shit stains
>pitchfork fad of 2009
>popular among 6/10 used up millennial whores
>incoming rape allegations

youtube.com/watch?v=rblt2EtFfC4

You forgot one critical fact, frogposter

>Bruno Mars
>5' 5"

who

wish bruno wasn't so blatant about ripping off other people's music

Fleet Foxes is better true, and the statement itself is even somewhat true.

But Bruno Mars is one of the better mainstream artists right now and he deserved the award over the competition.

He's the Wolfmother of funk, he doesn't think ripping people off is a bad thing. Its like trying to explain to Kendrick or Jay-Z that selling out to corporations is bad, they just can't process the idea.

Ripping people off isn't that bad, pretty much every artist does this constantly, no?

to all of the bruno mars music defeners itt:

do you ACTUALLY listen to his music in your free time?

It literally sounds like the genre as it was left in the 90s with some modern retouches to it. people always list a thousand acts he "sounds" like but it's really because (nearly everyone) in that genre sounded the fucking same.

i listen to r&b and funk day in and day out and people really exaggerate this because of their own ignorance for that genre.

yes, i also went to his concert, and follow all his accounts
he's the only modern artist i really give a shit about

Of course. Its up to the individual to draw their own line of tolerating unoriginal derivative products.

so the next question is why?

nme.com/news/music/trent-reznor-says-social-media-created-formulaic-vegan-restaurant-patron-type-shit-music-1944709

>“I don’t see any Princes emerging on the scene today. I see a lot of people making formulaic, made to please, vegan restaurant patron-type shit. And I think it creates an environment where people are too fucking worried about what other people have to say.”

HMMM....

why what?

so his music sounds like everyone else's but he wants to criticize others for the same thing?

im not even a bruno mars fan. I dont listen to the radio or top 40 at all.
But i would say brunos music is the least annoying to me out of all the trash they play on the radio
Like i i had to be forced to listen to it i wouldnt care.

He isnt really breaking new ground but he isnt some cringy rap faggot or trying to lecture me about shit.

Just a likeable guy making alright synth funk r&b pop party music

NIN sounds the closest to bands like Depeche Mode and Ministry, and you'd have to be deaf to call them a ripoff of either of those bands.

why do you listen to bruno mars

All fucking rock / indie shitter music sounds the same.

Either that, or it's fucking boring.

nigga because i like his music

lol

Literally the best thing I have heard all day

Robin, you are too golden

Yeah fail to make a point so just default on brainlet shitposting, exactly what I thought faggot

i dont like rap, it has nothing to do with race. i hate white rappers too. I hate this decade, i hate how popular rap has become, and i hate it being shoved in my face all the time. I miss rock, funk, r&b, punk, jazz, metal, and the other genres that are being held down by soyboy rap faggots. I would love for fucking prince or MJ or anyone to come back. I want people who arent some bitter rap faggot who wont shut up about poltics. I fucking hate rap culture and everything it promotes from sexism, greed, stupidity, etc. I hate white hipsters who jerk off to it been then turn around and like write articles about the inherit misogyny in indie.

But i fucking hate indie too, i hate these twee starbucks barista bland music that sounds all the same. A bunch of low energy beta jeb motherfuckers who constantly virtue signal about feminism and race but then get caught like groping a woman, i hate self hatred, self flagellating morons who wouldn't know how to have a good time or relax in their entire trust funded petit bourgeois gentrified lives.

What does it fucking tell you, tell him, that the people would rather listen to a "toys r us gap band" than to his insessent self hatred and whining recorded to vinyl

None of these fuckers have ever struggled, its because if they did they would understand that sometimes you just want to fucking forget how shit life is and party

>disillusionment with modernity

Sounds like you might be ready for /classical/

okay? weirdo.

nta but your indie bands have failed to make any cultural impact or innovate in their sound. why is that they're constantly mad over new artists while the actual legends never stoop down to this level?

NIN was on Interscope back in the 90s, very far from indie. You don't know any of the words you're using you little retard.

Exactly.

I agree with all of this.

What compels a person to write something like this?

Lol, don't be mad because your shitty little irrelevant rock band failed to make impact outside of mentally ill autistic white teenagers.

What compels a person to write something like this?

it sounds like you don't like them very much though

If only your shitty indie rock band and their stans didn't act so pretentious over their barely grade D music.

>didn't act so pretentious

wew poptimists have inferiority complexes, who would have guessed?

why is that obscure R&B acts made more of a cultural and musical impact than every literal who rock band you can throw out?

Illiterate monkey cannot stop responding with music words it doesn't understand, should kill yourself or find a hobby

Rock has been shit since the 80s.

yes

wrong. it has been declining rapidly though

>implying i care what le bruno mars poptimist thinks or to seriously answer his bizarre propositions

You already established that you haven't listened to rock from the 80s though. Or you were too stupid to understand it.

some idiot keeps responding to bait ITT

That didn't debunk what I was saying.

I'd rather listen to Rihanna, katy, bruno, weeknd, kendrick, lady gaga, ect than any of your shitty obscure literal who irrelevant jealous rock bands. They should kill themselves.

>I'd rather have shit taste
good for you? you fucking pleb?

So this was the most diverse grammy's ever and people are still pissed?

you're so mad

People will always find tings to be upset about