Budget: $60 million

>Budget: $60 million
>Box office: $47.4 million

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bgfH9HdSg2A
mpcdot.com/forums/topic/4212-we-bought-a-zoo-and-then-masturbated-about-what-awesome-liberal-boomers-we-are/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

a lack of box office gross compared to the budget

It's unrealistic and the kid looked too young.

It wasn't entertaining

It's literally based on Cameron Crowe's real life experiences. Penny Lane was even a real person.

Millennials are too young to fall for 70ies nostalgia

It was that expensive? I guess it had a lot of different locations but what else did they spend it on? Song licensing?

They didn't market it well.

Probably that. Cameron Crowe knew a bunch of rock stars so he probably got good deals. Led Zeppelin almost never lets filmmakers use their songs, but they let a few be used in this movie. (There was supposed to be a scene that used Stairway to Heaven, but they wouldn't let him have that one.)

Almost profitable.

this movie is so comfy

i love it

The scene is real, it was deleted

youtube.com/watch?v=bgfH9HdSg2A

Because when it came out, the marketing was literally

>GOOD LOOKING PEOPLE
>SEXY PEOPLE
>SOME SORT OF ROCK MUSIC? 60S OR 70S? WHO KNOWS, ITS KEWL AND RETRO
>LOOK AT THIS SEXY BLONDE GIRL! HER PARENTS ARE FAMOUS!
>WHO NEEDS STORY WHEN YOU HAVE MUSIC AND HOT PEOPLE?

Nobody knew what it was about, it was just noise and fluff.

tok kek

the studio only gets half of the box office. they lost a fuckton of money there.

That's the entire movie

I like music and hot people.

> cameron crowe

thats where it went wrong. This jagoff is better off writing and directing kids movies, because thats the only audience his mawkish fantasy land bullshit is suitable for. He epitmozes the hollywood conception of "life".

its based on his life in sofar as he was a writer for rolling stone during the 70s and went on the road with a band. End of. Let me guess, you also believe it when movies tell you something is a "true story" as they proceed to butcher everything into an ahistorical mess?

Am I the only one that disliked this movie?

>I'm a groupie who fucks the band, but I don't call myself that
>wahhh I just got passed around for $50 and a case of beer, I'm gonna kill myself now!
>no don't kill yourself! It's been my lifelong dream to fall in love with a whore who bangs band members for a living
>Whoaaa! I can't believe you published that story about my band man! We're denying it happenned

Fuck this movie.

My local classic rock station has the daily dose of Led Zepplin and they play the clip of the kid from popular mechanics for kids saying," they're here. They are here." Everyday at 5pm.

Good movie

no. I have hated everything crowe has touched with the exception of vanilla sky which surprise surprise is a fucking remake of a film a much better director made.

mpcdot.com/forums/topic/4212-we-bought-a-zoo-and-then-masturbated-about-what-awesome-liberal-boomers-we-are/

pman accurately characterizes the kind of mawkish hollywood land retardation that is pervasive in Crowe's films.

Nothing, I fell in love with Billy Crudup

I don't even know what to say. I love the movie. The scene where William tells Penny that she got sold to a different band and she tries to hide her tears is perfect.

It was shit

The soundtrack was at least 40% of the budget

>Let me guess, you also believe it when movies tell you something is a "true story"
Fiction has always been more palpable than reality. That's why society as a whole consumes media so blindly.

She was a 16 year old spoiled surban girl living in the early 70s and he was a 15 year old loser who only experienced love through his music never with an actual person. Its only natural they like each orher

i still have never seen this movie.

lol why do i even come to Sup Forums?

No, I absolutely hated it. I hated it so much I've never seen another Crowe film, if this piece of shit is considered one of his best.

yeah the only good scene

what kind of beer

but i remember it 15 years later so it is probably a GREAT scene