According to the popular college-football blog Outkick the Coverage...

>According to the popular college-football blog Outkick the Coverage, ESPN pulled an Asian announcer from calling a University of Virginia football game. The announcer’s name is Robert Lee.

>Citing “multiple Outkick fans inside ESPN,” Mr. Lee was pulled from the Cavaliers Sept. 2 game in Charlottesville against William and Mary “because they were concerned that having an ASIAN FOOTBALL ANNOUNCER NAMED ROBERT LEE would be offensive to some viewers.”

Other urls found in this thread:

outkickthecoverage.com/msespn-pulls-asian-announcer-named-robert-lee-off-uva-game-avoid-offending-idiots/
latimes.com/sports/la-sp-usc-traveler-20170818-story.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Please please tell me this is fake. They can't be this stupid to pull him over that.

Bullshit

The regressive left must be destroyed.

He should sue. Them saying to a gook the name Lee is offensive is racist as fuck

Source or fake and gay.

Oh god I hope this story finds legs.

outkickthecoverage.com/msespn-pulls-asian-announcer-named-robert-lee-off-uva-game-avoid-offending-idiots/

big, if true.

God these people live among us. This is like saying general tso can't announce because he's delicious

I literally don't even know what is going on.

They didn't want to have a guy named after a Civil War general to be the announcer of a shitty handegg game?

I wish the sun exploded.

you aren't welcome here chicano

fuck ESPN

It's real.

>libtards calling fake/gay
the irony

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Why did ESPN give up?

>essentially 'were sorry it has come to this point in this country'
What fucking rats. Couldn't have made a more Jewish weaseling """apology""" even if I did it in satirical greentext format

>we regret that who calls play by play for a football game has become an issue
NIGGER YOU MADE IT AN ISSUE! SHOW ME THE COMPLAINTS.

>the irradiated hellhole formerly known as ESPN

we Fox News now

Holy shit I thought it was fake. My sides

>Asian football announcer
fake news

to be fair any UVA football game is shitty

how do i watch college football without giving espn my money? This might actually be the impetus I have to cancel my cable. Im tired of giving these people who control what i see every money. i dont even watch most tv anymore because all it does is demonize me and make me depressed. Im sorry i ruined the world by being a white male who enjoys his nuclear family.

This is why trump won but apparently leftwards haven't learned their lesson.

why couldn't they just call him Bobby Lee for this one broadcast?

+1

>The network's full statement: “We collectively made the decision with Robert to switch games as the tragic events in Charlottesville were unfolding, simply because of the coincidence of his name. In that moment it felt right to all parties. It's a shame that this is even a topic of conversation and we regret that who calls play-by-play for a football game has become an issue.”

HOLY FUCK ITS TRUE HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>"Herro, wercome to Correge Gameday, I'm Robert Ree"

I don't see the problem

It's hilarious because the guy's an Asian, which makes MSESPN look racist for criticizing Asian Americanized names. All Asians do this. They pick an easy to pronounce first name (remember English is not their first language usually). A guy like Robert Lee eventually becomes a good Engrish speaker, but you see this all the time. I work with a lot of Koreans and Thais and 99% of them do this because their birthnames are so fucking stupid in English that it just doesn't work.

Lots of Pauls, Roberts, Toms, Johns, Sarahs, Michelles, Amys, etc.

>boston getting fleeced
>jones getting busted
>espn getting dumber
what a great day

lmfao, the fucking state of ESPN right now. Jesus Christ

>America

jej

More like
>jews

Please tell me this isn't real.

ESPN continuing to fuck up.

THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN

My fucking sides.

When I was a kid I always thought General Lee was cool. I can't fucking believe his name is being equated to Hitler.

How the fuck are you gonna champion yourself as a progressive network but then fuck over an Asian guy in case blacks remember that Robert E. Lee was a person.

Can anyone really be shocked about the Robert Lee thing? Especially since USC is getting pressured to change their horse mascot's name because Robert E. Lee owned a horse with the same name?

How can things get any dumber than they are now? Seriously, this has to be peak stupidity. I cannot imagine it getting any worse.

Please tell me this is fake.

latimes.com/sports/la-sp-usc-traveler-20170818-story.html

WE WHITE NOW!

This is such a non issue...

I want off this planet.

Jeez, that's political correctness gone mad.

Post >yfw it's real.

This.

I legitimately don't know what to think. I'm equally amused by their idiocy and by the sheer horror of how far this has spread

this better be a joke

why didnt he just go by rob or bob or bobby or something?

bobby lee is a degenerate asian comedian who shows his asshole on stage instead of telling jokes

folded a thousand times

>At the rally, according to the student newspaper the Daily Trojan, Saphia Jackson, co-director of the USC Black Student Assembly, asked students not to be quiet, and reminded that “white supremacy hits close to home” and referenced the name of the Trojans mascot.

Fuck niggers

why should he change his given birthname because some little shits *might* get their panties in a bunch?

Can't make this shit up. ESPN is truly obssessed with politics than sports.

ESPN's comment on this.

he's right, you know.

>tfw just remembered he once shat himself while filming for Mad

This story was so dumb I didn't even believe it till like 5 different outlets confirmed. What retard would conflate an Asian dude with a super common Asian name with a confederate general?

>re

dude probably doesn't even know what he's abbreviating...

>and your game today (in charlottesville that is full of rioting niggers) is Robert Lee
yeah...ESPN made the right move

you faggots are blowing this out of proportions, he wasn't FIRED, he wasn't out of work because of it, he was paid and asked to do a different game somewhere else. it happens ALL the fucking time

I used to call games for my college, but when it was going to be televised, they asked us to vacate the booth so pros could come in, it's the same thing except he got travel pay included.

((i))) (((hope))) (((this))) (((story))) (((finds))) (((legs)))

yeah, ok. it'll be retweeted 2000 times and buried

I don't think anyone would have even made the connection. He's a fucking Asian guy. It's UVA football. He's a broadcaster.

None of that shit relates to the confederate army.

The only reason its an issue is because ESPN made it an issue.

fucking libs

>people wouldn't have memed the hell out of it being Robert Lee in Charlottesville
>people in the stadium wouldn't have flipped out if they heard it

if he's not speaking Korean/Chinese how are they to know he's asian? I've known plenty of asians who grew up in the south and have a country accent

and no, apparently you fail to read things; ESPN DIDN'T release this, because they were trying to protect him. someone who wanted to cause a ruckus released this information to try to stir the pot

How often do you even pay attention to a nobody announcer calling a Virginia football game?

It's for regarding

THE SOUTH SHALL COME AGAIN!

Hey at least it's something other than Stephen A Smith lamenting people talking about Lavar Ball.

I want off this fucking train.

In a few years when their contracts with various leagues start running out and Disney doesn't put any more bids cuz it's a failing network, ESPN will be to sports what MTV is to music.

They'd know because the announcers are given a bit of screentime throughout the game. Weird right?