ITT: times that the critics were wrong

ITT: times that the critics were wrong.

Its actually embarrassing that critics thought they could give this flick a rating this bad.

Its a solid 6/10 FunFlick. (Id give it a 7/10 because I liked the premise and the cast)

>Dancer in the Dark
>quite (...) visionary
Kek

Audience also hated it. You're the embarrassment here.

Any non Rogan stoner movie. I'm not saying they're masterpieces, but they get 0 respect from critics, because of the genre. There's a time and a place for movies like How High, Dude Where's My Car, Half Baked and POD.

Alien got some rough reviews when it came out.

should be 90% at least

How good is this? I only watched the trailer a long time ago in a Napoleon Dynamite DVD rerelase

>he never watched Hansel and Gretel

grow up

Starship Troopers
Zardoz
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

times where everyone was wrong

I think its their best movie t bh but I might be biased about it cause I'm homeschooled

Threadly reminder that he puts all his money in an offshore bank account to evade paying taxes.

paying taxes is for cucks desu senpai

based

My dad raised me on kino and this is one of the films he showed me when I was young.

Based

Threadly reminder he uses his offshored bank account to buy rare esoteric tea cups and other bullshit while dogging every American film he has ever been in

This desu

> Dude Where's My Car, Half Baked

ma boi

So did The Thing. A good number of genre-defining classics got savaged before the tropes they established became mainstream.

This was shot in my hometown.

But How High is universally loved.

just like Trump

Those are all terrible movies. The only people that actually like those do so ironically because of their campiness.

dude this movie was fucking terrible what are you on about

funny thing is, Skawd made serious cash and sequel and a spin off are in development.

Hes an actor though, who cares

>55%

way too high agreed, this flick was a 30% at best

A genuinely charming and funny coming-of-age comedy. I honestly think this movie is as good as Wes Anderson's lesser movies.

and that's when you know

Hackers is obviously a self-aware comedy, anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot

the reason that was popular on Sup Forums is because it was so random, just like me.

I'll take a pound of nuts.

its awesome and very entertaining

The 90s were filled with horrid attempts to appeal to kids/teens. Hackers is just one of that's remembered.

You're basically thinking "this has to be a joke, no one can be this stupid."

this is how I feel about a lot of 80's movies like Top Gun
They look like obvious jokes today but people took them 100% seriously once

THAT'S A LOT OF NUTS

It's remembered because it isn't stupid, it's just really funny and has interesting visuals

>villain rides around on a skateboard, chomping celery and slapping women on the ass
>a virus called the cookie monster that you destroy by typing "cookie"
>floppy disks placed in a hip holster like they're weapons
You can tell they had a blast making it, and when you listen to interviews it's obvious they realized it wasn't a completely serious movie.

It still amazes me that people think it's one of those "so-bad-its-good" movies when it's nothing of the sort.

this was way better than expected, good movie.

so hackers isn't bad because the actors kinda sorta intimate they realized how ridiculous it was

ITT: Everybody is sdutpid except me.

What's so bad about this?

What the fuck? I watched that so many times I think I wore the tape out.

Checked.
Most people don't realize it's a cyberpunk movie.

Absolutely Based. But this is the kind of movie that you can't really rank on a traditional scale.

Do Mexicans own RT?

It'd be strange otherwise, as it isn't a cyberpunk movie. Its a bunch of retards imitating cyberpunk.

>WEEEOOOOEOEOOOEEEOEOOEEE
>NYEEEAHAAAHHAHHAEEAHH
>EEOOEOEEEEE
>EEAAAEAEEEEAEA
>EOOEOOOEEOEOEEE
>EEEEYAAAEEAEAAA

>mfw I'm not even kidding

Fucking this.
10/10 adaptation of H.G. Wells' First Men In The Moon

fantastic. It's some seriously high-tier Mike White and they brought Jemaine Clement in for it so you know there's gonna be killer deadpan.

What's the lowest low movie there then?

>i liked it when I was 10 and I don't want to question that so I'll make up some bullshit to argue its great.

>Dude Where's My Car
Possibly the most brilliant Stoner film ever made in that at no point do they ever explicitly reference smoking yet make it incredibly obvious that the heroes are high for the entire film

t. Movie ((Critic))

>I obviously don't know my H.G. Wells so I completely missed the joke. But I will call the dude an idiot before looking up hat the hell First Men In The Moon was
It's literally about two dudes going to the moon, getting drunk off of meat trees, and then spending the rest of their time on the Moon fighting aliens while trying to find their spaceship

this movie was pretty good actually

a solid 7/10

I saw that movie when I was like 14 an even then I could tell it was shit. It was literally a series of events with negligible emotional impact and a revolving door of characters that were barely introduced or followed until they died

Most movie critics should be gassed

Well of course he evades taxes in offshore bank accounts, we don't call him Jacky "Ancappie" Chan for nuthin

>"You've violated the NAP for the last time!"
what did he mean by this?

t. Santa Anna

And?

no I'm serious, it's not a good historical/war/anything movie
look at something like Glory that actually sticks with the characters the whole time and makes you give a fuck when they die.

The Alamo ran like one of those shitty History Channel recreations of famous events

gas the critics imo

Never saw this movie

Is it bad?

I actually have Glory waiting for me at home. I'm really looking forward to it. I really liked how the movie handled Crockett's wrestling between the man and the legend, the rivalry between Travis and Bowie, and it gives a bit of insight into the Mexicans view as well. I think it did have a good deal of emotional impact, such as when Crockett plays his fiddle along with the Mexican army band.

I must be the only one who prefered Underworld 3

>derivative

>KB is literally the most attractive woman ever filmed
>they're C movie vampire flicks

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Critics are wrong most of the time

Years ago critics said everything was shit, now they say everything is great

>2 air vents on the roof

Rad is the shit. 10x better than BMX bandits

Hackers is the shit. 10x better than Operation Swordfish.

Underworld is the shit. Mommyfu 10x better than Blade Trilogy combined.

Correct

It's pretty good, did you know it took 12 years to make?

rise was pretty good but knowing the ending kind of took the bluster out

plus, no kate

A travesty.

shit movie

wow, just like most rich people

probably not a 15, but also not worth defending

>meat trees
were they BEARSTRONAUTS?

there's a reason that loophole exists

it wasn't an accident

this makes sense

if you're a girl