Robin Pecknold

>Robin Pecknold
>Bon Iver
>Tyler The Creator

Why is he so good at triggering these hipster indie soybois?

Other urls found in this thread:

pitchfork.com/news/fleet-foxes-robin-pecknold-burns-bruno-mars-over-grammy-wins/
pitchfork.com/news/bon-iver-is-pissed-about-bruno-mars-grammy-wins/
youtube.com/watch?v=pOYY-YoAgmU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

James Ferraro has been working for so long so he deserves it more than anyone else, of course the talentless hacks will be mad.

what did he do?

single-handedly BTFO all low-test betas enough that they had to cry about it on social media

Glad for him for winning the grammys.But why do people mad at him for winning those awards?

I still think that if they weren't invited then they have no reason to talk about it and if they were invited they should have said it to his face rather than on Twitter after the fact

I don’t get the hate. I’m not a huge fan of any of his latest album (i thought doo-wops and hooligans was infinitely better) but it’s clear he’s genuinely talented and a fantastic entertainer. He embodies what the Grammys are supposed to be about desu

I was disappointed in Robin Pecknold for talking shit, thought he was better than that.

post proof

they jelly they didn't have a shot at it
proof is the op pic

Yeah but you said "cry about it on social media" post proof or you're a liar

oh, sorry I didn't know you meant that

pitchfork.com/news/fleet-foxes-robin-pecknold-burns-bruno-mars-over-grammy-wins/

pitchfork.com/news/bon-iver-is-pissed-about-bruno-mars-grammy-wins/

I can't find the tyler one but they've always had beef

Tyler's was fair because when he made Yonkers Bruno was complete shite. His view might well have changed on him by now.

Because he's the apolitical choice in a time where everyone wants you to be outraged at the current commander and cheif.

Picking literally anyone else would've been a seen as a political statement.

>WE NEED MORE PEOPLE OF COLOR WINNING GRAMMYS
>NO, NOT THAT COLOR!!!!!!

The Grammy's have lost any and all credibility imo. They just refuse to see how huge Hip Hop has become.

The HipHop scene is huge, and Kendrick won a bunch of awards. Jay Z paid for his nominations and shouldn’t have won anything.

y does anyone hate bruno mars? all his songs are well-done and fun to listen to

Bruno Mars is unoriginal, no shit. But how is Kendrick Lamar original? Nothing in his music. Nothing in his lyrics. He's no different than any other "conscious" rapper since Grandmaster Flash. It's just that most mainstream journalists are ignorant of hip hop history.

>Bruno Mars is this generation’s Kurt Cobain
youtube.com/watch?v=pOYY-YoAgmU

Why do you keep repeating the same words over and over

good, rap sucks

You wanna know why Justin Vernon and Robin Pecknold have a BIG PROBLEM with this?
Because they know they can't have the cake and eat it, they are basically two of the most championed indie artists today, they get constant dicksucking and accolades, their desire for unimportant mainstream accolades like the Grammy's runs deeper than you think but they'd never tell you that because hey, they ARE Justin Vernon and Robin Pecknold, they get the best reviews, they make indie folk and are unassuming and have beards and know everything (certainly know more than me and you). God forbid an actually agreeable artist like Bruno comes along and is basically right on the money, Bruno is what the Grammy's are all about.
It's just a couple of smarmy, bearded hipster egomaniacs having a giggle, nothing to see here.

>makes rap fags mad
>makes balding indie soy boys mad
>probably fucked like 100000 bitches
>does coke
>makes fun party music
>carrying to torch of r&b when even black people dropped it
>is sort of city pop when you think about it, dude is half Filipino, thats sort of japanese.

/pol is ruining this board
soy is ruining this board
sage

The Grammys are a joke and just about everybody that Bruno won those awards over deserved it more (well, maybe not Lorde). Meming and acting like a bunch of contrarians isn't going to change that.

That being said, the irony of Tyler the Creator losing his Grammy to a guy who he said he wanted "stab in his goddamn asophagus" in his breakthrough single is just fucking delicious.

This

>That being said, the irony of Tyler the Creator losing his Grammy to a guy who he said he wanted "stab in his goddamn asophagus" in his breakthrough single is just fucking delicious.
I completely forgot about this. Yonkers was so corny.

The only artist who conceivably has a claim to any of Bruno’s awards was Kendrick. Jay z is a cunt who is part of a weird black supremacy cult (this isn’t a conspiracy, you can look it up it’s called the five percent nation) who sucked the right Jew dicks to get where he is.

I'm not denying that hip Hop has become huge. It has, but so is Bruno Mars. You can deduce Brunos win to two reasons.

1. What this user said 2. Bruno arguably has the wider appeal. He appeals to the young, the old, the rich, the poor, the blacks, the whites, etc. Hip Hop maybe huge currently, but I'd argue Bruno is bigger. His last album (2kMagic) is certified multi platinum globally, while almost everyone else who was nominated, is at most 2x platinum in a single country.
The numbers don't lie.

Just to generally summarize; Not everyone likes Hip Hop, but everyone like Bruno Mars.

what the fuck are you trying to say

>Kendrick's song that won is just Bruno's in reverse
lel

Bruno = the ultimate Chad music performer

They literally had HIllary on there talking shit about trump, I don't think that was a concern

this is basically accurate. they're jealous of the truly mainstream attention that they've flirted with.
>is sort of city pop when you think about it, dude is half Filipino, thats sort of japanese.
i know this post is mostly a joke but this is so stupid

The Five Percent Nation isn't a cult, it's a networking organization, for the advancement of black people sure but definitely not a cult, Jay-z and Beyonce still belong to a cult though.

>Bruno has the wider appeal
This. My mom is 53. She and her friends went to a Bruno Mars concert a few months ago and loved it. He has mass appeal on a Michael Jackson scale.

And I'm not saying Bruno deserved the win, but he was the most qualified for these reasons alone.

Jews are fucking cool though. Anyone who pisses off Sup Forums like they do is clearly doing something very right.

>arguably has wider appeal
>arguably
I'm not even a fan of Bruno Mars but literally no one else in pop music comes close, so many goddamned hits.

They also HAVE To pretty much play up to the #blm and pretend that Beyonce and Kendrick are deep and meaningful, otherwise the hipster faggots who buy their music will crucify them. So while Bruno Mars probably shares the beliefs and values of the others, he doesn't use his music to express it. At least not as dogmatically. Therefore they have to pretend like they care, to keep the wolves at bay.

The left will never be pleased. Bonny bear was right when he said it was a DNC party party.

The click bait think pieces will always stir shit

>graamies so white
>non white guy wins
>NO NOT THAT KIND OF NON WHITE GUY REEEEEE
>GRAMMIES SO MALE REEEEEEE

What rap fags dont get is that pretty much anyone who isnt a rap fag hates rap. Bruno appeals to all markets and not just america.

Like the left are living in some weird alternate reality when they accuse the bruno choice of being apolitcal and they had a fucking segment of hillary clinton. and the whole night was just clebs jerking off about politcs.

Have you considered people dont want politics shoved into fucking everything?

Thats what pop music is. MJ just want top make happy music that gets everyone dancing.

So Grammys are about sales and not how good the music is. Same as it ever was.

Bruno Mars:
>10 top 5 singles as a solo artist
>5 of those went number one
>has only ever released 17 singles

>it's a networking organization, for the advancement of black people

Is that what they call drug cartels now? At least in the 80s when LL Cool J almost joined them he said they were just a drug running scam.

The NAACP is for the advancement of black people
The Five Percent Nation’s main tenet is that the black man is god, the white man is the devil, and women are subservient

Kendrick, Jay-Z, and Gambino are the black man's artists, Lorde is the woman's artist. But Bruno is the everymans artist.

But the numbers don't lie. Literally anyone who releases a product or preforms and organizes a service realizes that numbers basically equals how "good" or the value of you or the product is.

If you disagree

>that ratio