Wtf I hate RLM now!

wtf I hate RLM now!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rp0wSiQ_Nnc
youtube.com/watch?v=Pyzs1MPMXB4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That segment was pretty embarrassing and I didn't really get their point. Of course the movie had vehicles from the OT, it takes place immediately before it. It would make no sense without them. I do get their point about too many references though, the cameos were too much. Especially bumping into the "I don't like you" guy, that was absurd.

Would've been nice if at the end of the review they each said something they liked about the movie, I'm sure there was something.

>That segment was pretty embarrassing and I didn't really get their point.

Triggered manchild detected.

Okay.

Hit too close to home?

>That segment was pretty embarrassing and I didn't really get their point.

so you're intellectually disabled?

Why are you being so mean to me, Sup Forums? Read the rest of my post. I understand their point about there being too many references, and I agree with that, but literally singing and dancing about how they have the same vehicles was silly. What else could they have done with the timeframe/setting they chose? If you're going to make a movie set immediately before the OT, than you have to try to match its aesthetic.

I'll give you their point, even though they hit you over the head with it enough you fucktard. It's nostalgia and nostalgia alone doesn't make a movie.

>it's bad for a movie set in the same decade as ANH and ESB to have vehicles from ANH and ESB
>it's OK for a movie set 30 years after ROTJ to have no new vehicles

This coming from the retards that loved TFA...good try pal.

No one locked Disney into making a prequel for the sequels that were made before the prequels. They did what was safe and what bearded men would recognize as "their" Star Wars.

>If an online critic doesn't validate my opinion, then I hate them
Grow the fuck up, cry baby.

Reasons were given for liking TFA more than Rogue One. If you want to object and not agree fine, but don't act like they think TFA was great they enjoyed it but they recognize it's flaws.

Yeah, it was their worst review in a very long time.

That was my thinking, too. And it's especially weird that they make the argument so exaggerated for Rogue One, but defended (and enjoyed) the blatant nostalgia in TFA. As far as I can tell, their main is is really one of tone. TFA had a lot of blatant nostalgia baiting, but got a pass from them because it managed to capture a tone and feeling similar to the original trilogy. Rogue One doesn't feel like a typical movie, so it seems like they thought the nostalgia stuff was cheap and unwarranted.

Rogue One set out to be a different kind of Star Wars movie, and Edwards accomplished that. RLM seem to dislike it because it accomplished its goal, and they don't think that's what a Star Wars movie should feel like.

I guess if you have autism you think too literally....

And you are exactly the type of autistic tard they're making fun of through the whole review.

So a review is bad simply because you disagree with it?

>people disagreeing make points and explain their point of view
>people defending it just scream "autist!" and "lol you are made because they disagre with you!""

Really makes me think.
Also don't forget to buy Space Cop, it's back stock

>No one locked Disney into making a prequel for the sequels that were made before the prequels
No, they didn't. And I thought making a movie about getting the death stars plans was pretty silly, nobody cares about how that happened. But RLM knew that that's what the movie was about, and so freaking out about how they had the same vehicles was silly.

Basically, most things they get Rich to do are embarrassing. Mike yelling "They're breaking new ground" got a laugh from me, and at least you could tell he was being facetious. But Rich singing and dancing about fucking... vehicles.

Seriously, bro, you have way too many fucks to give if anything RLM does bothers you. You gotta stop saving those fucks.

Better yet, never give nor take another fuck for the rest of your life. It will make your life a lot better.

>TFA comes out
>nostalgia blooms
>make another movie a year later
>it beats you with nostalgia
>but doesn't have interesting characters
>doesn't matter because they die
>WHY THEY MAKING FUN OF NOSTALGIA NOW?
>because they stripped what makes Star Wars fun

they've really been suffering in quality lately. is this the end of RLM?

You are a complete moron. Just stop posting. I'm going to help you out, next time you post about this video just say this "I didn't find the opening segment funny." there now you won't seem like a turbo autist.

>liking things is lame and dumb

There's plenty to dislike about the movie. Pretending you're oh-so-smart cause those normies like Star Wars shit in their Star Wars movies is fucking stupid.

i disagreed with them on TFA. i thought it was okay at best.

and i disagreed with them on R1 i thought it was much better than TFA.

>And you are exactly the type of autistic tard they're making fun of through the whole review.
But I'm not. I don't even like Star Wars that much. I didn't get excited when C-3PO and R2D2 showed up. That was stupid. I don't even know the names of the vehicles and they definitely weren't a highlight for me.

t. triggered "Fuck yeah" manchild

>Of course the movie had vehicles from the OT, it takes place immediately before it. It would make no sense without them

So it's okay just because you knew beforehand that you are going to see all the vehicles from the OT?
If TFA was announced like a complete of rehash of ANH, would that alone justify it's narrative?

Here's a wild suggestion: Why don't they just make an original new movie?
Yeah I know I'm crazy right, who even does that lmao

IT BROKE NEW GROUND

Literally the best RLM segment ever

Did they make a joke that went over a lot of your heads?
Why the fuck are you guys focusing on the vehicles they mentioned.
Are you guys that socially inept? You can't see the joke?

I think you're exaggerating a bit m80. I watched the whole video and it didn't make me mad or anything, I just think that segment mostly fell flat. You know you can have criticism for something without having it consume you, right?

Why am I getting so many (you)'s, I had no idea my opinion was this controversial

>Rogue One is not original because it used old vehicles

How was that post a triggered manchild in any way? Is any criticism against RLM mean you're a manchild because if you think that you're the manchild

>Why am I getting so many (you)'s, I had no idea my opinion was this controversial

Your opinion is not controversial but plain stupid because of this part of your post
>and I didn't really get their point

How? Really how did you not get it?
They basically scream and yell it to your face, you have to be a literal retard not to get their point.
You don't have to agree with it, but to not "get" it should be worrying for you.

>worldbuilding dosen't matter in a fantasy movie

JJ pls go

Half of these posts didn't grasp their basic concept for their video.

I agreed with them on R1 and disagreed on TFA. Both movies are hot garbage.

Their criticism I liked the most on the Plinkett mini R1 review is how the movie, if it wasn't a Star Wars movie and had no callbacks and references, would be a completely generic syfy flick with shit characters and story. The thing is that this is completely applicable to TFA as well.

TFA without being a Star Wars movie would be an incompherensible, rushed mess with a couple of semi interesting main characters and two old ass secondary characters taken straight from the retirement home who can't act for the life of them.

Star Wars is done, it's time to take the nostalgia glasses off, admit not even the original movies were that good and that everything following it is nothing more than dry humping a dead corpse.

TFA didn't have interesting characters.

Once again autism rears it's ugly head you are one dumb motherfucker.

Sorry, I didn't realise there were specific parameters I had to stay within when voicing a slightly negative opinion about RLM. I'll be more careful next time, user.

>Here's a wild suggestion: Why don't they just make an original new movie?
I agree, that would've been infinitely better. Hopefully Disney gets more daring in the future and doesn't hold onto the OT so desperately.

If it helps you understand, I'll reiterate: Their point about vehicles I didn't get, because it's a stupid thing to focus on. Their point about cameos just for nostalgia factor, I obviously understood and agreed with.

They didn't really, but they might later on in the movies because we'll actually see them again.

>interesting characters
Make that singular and maybe you could make a case

This is why I called you a moron and will keep doing it, moron.
>Their point about vehicles I didn't get, because it's a stupid thing to focus on
Moronic statement made by a moron. It's not specifically about the vehicles the fact I have tell you this means you're a moron. You are not criticizing RLM because you don't even understand what they're making making fun of, you're filled with autism.

Okay.

in the last pre rec stream Rich kinda elaborated on the whole "Rogue One gets Star Wars wrong" thing. a point he brought up was people clapping and going apeshit over how badass the Darth Vader scene was. Rich argues that scene was pointless and dumb, that Vader look much more badass in Ep 4, just walking into the and looking at the dead bodies without saying anything.

How could the creators of Space Cop let us down?

Best episode of half in the bag

I never understood the appeal of Star Wars just like Mike and Jay so it really did feel like the entire movie was just it's fans jerking each other off

Star Wars fandom has become such a cancer at this point that literally any criticism of it will get you negative reddit points because it's own fans are so afraid to have anyone say anything bad about it

Link?

>last pre rec stream
i wish

ANH
EMP
JEDI
REV
MASSIVE POWER GAP
MASSIVE POWER GAP
MASSIVE POWER GAP
TFA
MASSIVE POWER GAP
RO
PHAN
CLONES

>Memes
>A bald man laughs disingenuously
>Memes
>Playing videogames poorly
>A hideous overlay taking up an obnoxious amount of screen space for no good reason
>Terribly balanced audio
>People donating money for memes

How can you not like that?

>anyone who doesnt like obese manchildren memeing into a camera is an autist

>Anyone who goes against the majority rule and dares to question the legitimacy of a starwars film as an actual film is a manchild

Movie reviewers are the scum of the earth. They produce nothing, they contribute nothing and they should be nothing. Essentially everyone on the planet would be missed if you just wiped them from existence. Garbagemen, gas jockeys, and even crackwhores would be missed. But movie reviewers? Their erasure would be cheered. They are self important middlemen who merely piggyback off the actual talent of writers, directors and actresses and actually think they are superior. No one needs a reviewer to tell them whether or not a film is good, because people are perfectly capable, and actually, better suited, to determine the quality of a movie. So, not only can they not make art, but criticize it, they also serve no function as critics. And what do they do when a movie performs well despite receiving overwhelming bad reviews?

>oh, well people are idiots.

No. Reviewers are idiots, and they all belong in hell, like the succubi they are.

>when your retarded rlm threads get continually upstaged by celebrity deaths for a solid week

I dropped them when they started bashing trump for like 10 minutes in the last BOTW

They've literally just turned into lowest common denominator libcucks.

What do you produce?

>TrumpReich2016 triggered when people insult dear leader Trump

>the man seeks information about the individual as a means to avoid having to refute is argument, instead settling for attempting to smear the messenger
>he receives none

Cry more, you fucking pussy.

Weren't they making fun of anti-trumpers? That's what I thought they were doing but maybe I am just stupid.

i bet you clap in the movies too.

Here is one hour of that.
youtube.com/watch?v=Rp0wSiQ_Nnc

>I didn't really get their point
They're mocking you and all the other fanboys who cream their pants at the sole mention of anything star wars. You know, the type that gets all worked up whenever they say "jedi" or "use the force" in some sitcom or movie as a reference.

>>it's bad for a movie set in the same decade as ANH and ESB to have vehicles from ANH and ESB
The point being, I think thet there should be other things in that time period. They didn't show any other ship variants, or soldier units that we'd never seen before or anything.

I believe they voted him tho...

WI was one of the surprising red states

Is mike still triggered that shillary lost?

Do the Sup Forums-tards on Sup Forums still watch these guys just like their video game "reviewers" and other shit?

>fucking meme-post
>Sup Forums devolves into calling each other autistic

Every single fucking time

It's funny that they're ragging on "nostalgia for the sake of nostalgia", when they just come off as being cynical for the sake of cynicism. Of course there's going to be Star Wars-y shit in a Star Wars movie, that's what people are paying to see. Also, considering that this takes place during the Galactic Civil War, why the fuck wouldn't it have familiar vehicles and shit? I like RLM and all, but they were trying way too hard here.

The only thing that seemed forced was the Mos Eisley cantina guy being shoehorned in.

>inb4 "lol u triggered"

So a review is simply bad because you agree with it?

I can do that too.

>>>/swco/

fucking star wars fans. I bet youve been writing this post in your head for the last week

Why do you all keep saying this? I don't even like Star Wars that much and thought a lot of the cameos were stupid. I say this in the post you're replying to. I don't even know the name of those two-legged vehicles that Rich was dancing about.

Why is my opinion so upsetting to so many people here?

>They didn't show any other ship variants, or soldier units that we'd never seen before or anything.

There was the U-Wing and a new TIE varient, which is more than TFA.

AT STS AT STS AT STS!

Is Jay good at performing fellatio?

>cynical for the sake of cynicism
Cynicism is fun though. It makes me feel good inside.

>Why is my opinion so upsetting to so many people here?
It isn't, people are just disagreeing with you. You seem incapable of handling it.

Nostalgia is bad unless I am the one being nostalgic.
Also nerds are embarrassing, unlike me.
Now let me talk about Star Trek and that episode or talk about comicbooks I read while reminiscing about going to conventions.

>It isn't, people are just disagreeing with you.
Most of the "disagreeing" with me has just been calling me a moron, autistic, manchild, etc. Those are words people use when they're upset.

>You seem incapable of handling it.
I'm doing fine. I've just been responding and trying to have a discussion. How does that indicate I'm incapable of handling it?

All I get out of this is that R1 is for people who enjoy star wars as a setting and apparently TFA is for people who enjoyed it for the characters.

The thing is I can't understand how any grown adult can even pretend that TFA was good. The only thing it managed to capture was the plot synopsis of ANH, then it repackaged it and failed making any parallel scene carry any weight.

The entire reason Luke even works so well in ANH is because his story is mostly background to a greater conflict, one that affects him, his, family and the galaxy as a whole. TFA just shoves rey at the watcher so much she is everything and every character loves her. She honestly had no reason to leave the planet at all, heck her main struggle is that she didn't want to. Most of the problems with the first order are caused by the resistance and then the entire sequence with starkiller is thrown in to recreate the same tension but with none of the buildup.

It's all the making of a fanfiction writer who can't think of anything new. How the hell does anyone think TFA is anything but the worst star wars movie since AoTC?

You are offending these people's friends, of course they would get upset.

There's RotS and hose shitty animated cartoon films between AotC and TFA so no, no it's not. It's not good either tho.

Maybe this one is more your speed.

youtube.com/watch?v=Pyzs1MPMXB4

>douge and shitmann

HOLY AUTISM BATMAN

whose the gay guy with the amazing athiest

really? -___-

what was the episode where mike was talking about all the marvel movies coming out with techno music playing

episdose 46

yep :/

TFA at least has a reason to be a Star Wars movie, it's a sequel, and one of the major characters (possibly two) is the kid of the characters in the original movies, and that hugely impacts the character's motivation, etc.

A prequel about a bunch of no-names who die at the end anyway is extra pointless.

>people clapping and going apeshit over how badass the Darth Vader scene was
What does that have to do with the movie? How idiots in flyover land react to a scene shouldn't have any bearing on how people interpret it. The scene itself is shot more like a horror movie than anything in Star Wars history, and the main point was to show how terrified the rebel soldiers were, and how close the plan was to failing.

Part of the entire movie was how difficult it was to get the Death Star Plans, and that scene shows Darth Vader within seconds of killing the people transporting them to Princess Leia. It has a point in the story. A bunch of cheeseheads clapping about it doesn't change how effective it was at getting that across. Maybe they just need to go to a better theater; neither showing I went to had people clapping or cheering during that scene.

>How idiots in flyover land react to a scene shouldn't have any bearing
Hey asshole I'm from that "flyover land." Don't talk shit about Wisconsin.

>tfw you thought the movie was boring and an overall disappointment
>watch RLM's review and they shit on it

My smug pretend movie review friends agree with me! Yayyyy!

Although I couldn't help myself from enjoying Darth Vader's scene at the end so I disagreed with them there.

kill yourself

Why?